{Champion Concept} Polaris, The Evening Star (Review Exchange)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gjom

06-08-2012

This champion is definitely one of a kind! It's got a very very unique feel to it, and it would be something interesting to learn. I like it.

There's not much I can say except that you've put a TON of work into this champion (and the other 6 you're having me do.) If you're going to keep posting more, please do, and let me know. This champion has a lot of detail put into it.

inb4: Yes, I did give this champion a thumbs up.

loltrueterror

06-08-2012

Hey flame add me on the game I got a job for u you

Lyria Eternal

06-08-2012

Excellent. Thank you for your patronage Gjom.

Edasich

06-09-2012

Let's see here...

Lore: Very interesting. It's about time we had another champion associated with Soraka. Or anything associated with her, for that matter.

Stats: A bit of an odd mix here, but I guess it depends on how players choose to use him. One concern I have off the bat is that his starting magic resist is very low; all the other champions start with 30 magic resist.

Innate: Very clever, letting players pick his playstyle before the fight starts. It can leave foes guessing a lot, but it gives the user a bit of a challenge depending on the chosen aspect.

Q: Interesting mix of options here. For North aspect, you sacrifice burst damage and AP scaling for continuous damage and a future debuff. For Star aspect, you can choose between burst damage and continuous damage, but either way, you win. The total AD scaling, however, is very low for Star aspect's attack castings, so I kind of feel that it should scale better.

W: Using this with your Q can lead to devastating support results in North aspect, and Star aspect is very handy for taking down stealthed enemies.

E: Wait. So, against enemies with no resources, the North aspect version would drain up to 30% of their max health? That automatically screams OP right there. And I fell that it's really UP against Fury based champions, as they don't need Fury to actually use their abilities. Of course, it would be completely useless on Rumble, as his resource is Heat. If you ask me, this ability should silence enemies and drain about 15 or 20% of their current health. The Star aspect version's AD scaling is way too low, and its overall base damage is way too high. This means that he'll be too weak to do much with them in the late game.

R: Scaling with that little AD in the North aspect kind of leaves me thinking you meant to scale it with AP instead. If not, I recommend raising the AD scaling and/or make it scale with bonus AD. The Star aspect version...what exactly does the Unstable Light debuff do?

Quotes: I still want to know what this champion would probably say when moving, attacking, using certain spells, etc.

Recommended items: ???

Bottom line, this is a very unique and well thought-out concept, albeit a very poorly executed one; these abilities almost make him more of a mage or support champion than a tank or carry, and he's definitely no assassin.

For your consideration, here's my champion: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1733910

Lyria Eternal

06-09-2012

I have been thinking about changing his E around for a bit, but haven't found the right design for it yet.

Also, yes, it could drain up to 30% of their HP. Now for the sake of argument let's look at Kog'maw. His bio-arcane barrage deals, flatly, 6% of a targets max health. So, if he has 2.5 attacks per second he's going to be dealing about 15% of a person's max health without ap items per second. Now let's give him 200 ap, and a madred's. He's now dealing 12% of a target's max health per attack bring him to 30% of a target's max health per second.

Mine is a constant at level 5. It doesn't scale off anything, and yes it wouldn't be so great verses Fury based champions but it would still work. As for Rumble it would drain his Heat bar, and Mord would have his Metal bar. So against those champions, it wouldn't be effective, but that is fine. He's meant to have flaws, and weaknesses to his skill kit.

His Sword of Stars ability burns targets marked by Starlight for 15% (max level) of their max health when they get applied Instable Light. <---- This is why I chose this stack, and it's also the reason why his Star aspect E doesn't need to have great flat damage.

I will look at the scales and talk to Solromthepants about the changes you suggested. The reason I stated Melee/Ranged Carry is because that is what they are. Now they aren't auto-attackers, but North is AP carry with assassin tones, and Star is AD Carry that many would build a little tanky. Though I might change Tank with Bruiser.

I'm reworking his North aspect Ultimate as we speak. Trying to make it a bit more skillful to use.

As for Star's Q if you read carefully (I did bold the important numbers..) the stars burn the target for 1% of their max health, up to 3% at max level (This scales off your level not the skills.) Star aspect is about flat damage mixed with max health burning. The total amount of burn adds up to...24% of total health burn.

Also, so, stealth doesn't tag a champion as assassin? The way I would play him certainly would.

I don't think Polaris is perfect, but he is a very well put together concept in my mind. I would like to know what you mean by poorly executed. As I'm not sure from your statements.

This concept is only in phase 2 of 4. Which is stated in the Creator's notes. What he says and actions are all part of phase 4.

------------------

Thank you for your review, and I will review Omega before the day is over.

Xnot

06-10-2012

Sword of Stars wave component needs a major nerf in the base damage and buff on the scaling, the guiding star component needs nerf on earlier levels and maybe make it lose less per distance and with a lower reduction cap, and the % health component might need a slight nerf.

Other than that, his magic resistance should be 30 + 0, and his movement speed should be 320 because it's currently too fast if he chooses ranged. The name is also a bit unfitting.

Lyria Eternal

06-10-2012

You do realize it's either the single aoe, or an aoe around himself right? Not both. One or the other.

--------------

I might nerf the single aoe damage but the burn it's very strong.

--------------

His magic resist is low for a reason, and 320 sounds fine.

--------------

The health burn is nothing compared to auto-attackers with Madreds or Kog'maw with Bio-arcane barrage.

--------------

The name will be changed after phase 3. Where I will also make a whole new topic, because the bumping is getting jumbled. The new name will be "Polaris, The North Star" which is both astronomically correct and fitting.

--------------

Thank you for your time.

Xnot

06-10-2012

I know it's either one or the other, but over 500 is too high, even some ults don't get past that, and I know the % health is not that much but it's in addition to the already high base damage and the other effects.

Lyria Eternal

06-10-2012

That 500 is over 5 seconds so it's 100 per tick. That's softer then teemo's poison. Regardless a reasonable statement. The numbers on the Sword have been nerfed.

------------

Bumping, and thanking Xnot for his critiques.

Lyria Eternal

06-10-2012

bumping