{Champion Concept} Polaris, The Evening Star (Review Exchange)

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyria Eternal

Senior Member

06-06-2012

bumping


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyroRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-07-2012

This isn't a bad idea. I just am wary of the stealth passive. Having a character that can stealth for short periods of time is ok, or not being able to move while in stealth is also fine. However, being able to move while in stealth indefinitely is just a little too much, even with the cooldown unless I missread something (also possible).

Q: North Star - I think that this ability should deal DoT while in it rather than straight damage, unless in the circle when the ability is cast. (You said this was like Hec's ult targeting)

Guiding Stars - This is similar to Pix from Lulu, correct? Seems balanced


W: Northern lights - Not sure if the slow lasts for 7 seconds or the ability. If it is the slow, that needs to be nerfed down to maybe 3-5 seconds.

Flare Star - The ability to see stealthed units and wards that are near them for 10-18 seconds is way too long.

E: Frozen calling - Resource drain is a No No. That's why they removed it from Wits end.

Sword of Stars - Please, no global ranged attacked. They already nerfed Pantheon and TF's ults from global to a certain range, but they are Ults, not regular abilities.


R: Blazing star - This is ok as is.

Frozen Star - 60% AD and 60% AP ratios are too high, even for an ult. You should have the damage decrease per unit hit by 15% traveling there applied to the AD, and 5% traveling back applied to the AP (only applies to champs).

Example: There are 3 champions between where you throw your sword. You have A, B, and C there.

You deal 100% damage to A, 85% to B, and 70% to C when you throw it. You deal 100% to C, 85% B, and 70% when you recall it.

That's my review for it.

R:


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cody The Kirby

Member

06-07-2012

Hello The names Cody. I'll try to review your champ to the best of my abilities however miniscule they may be. So here goes.

I personally like this champion. the dual play option is something i have never seen before. this leads to a lot of versatility, assuming you can predict what how the other players on a team will act. there is also a little bit of risk involved with say locking in the wrong aspect, but where's the fun with no risk. Everything seems well thought out and i don't see anything that needs reworking at the moment (Could chalk that up to my inexperience but your choice) i do have one question though. When you use the Ult you shift aspects right? Does this give you the ability to use the moves of that aspect for however long or do you just get the passive?

Also i like to suggest skins for people. So why not something like South Star Polaris, where its like a complete opposite of his normal skin. maybe even a jack frost skin, though i admit I'm unsure how the star aspect would work. These are my subtle contributions to an otherwise spot on champ.

While i can't say i helped much, I would be great full if you could look over my Champion, Keiron the Gunning Flurry: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2120072

It's entirely up to you and i would understand if you skipped over it.

Cody The Kirby, signing off.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SG Paradox

Member

06-07-2012

The description of him gives me the feeling that he would look somewhat like Malzahar.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyria Eternal

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkin Rei View Post
This isn't a bad idea. I just am wary of the stealth passive. Having a character that can stealth for short periods of time is ok, or not being able to move while in stealth is also fine. However, being able to move while in stealth indefinitely is just a little too much, even with the cooldown unless I missread something (also possible).

Q: North Star - I think that this ability should deal DoT while in it rather than straight damage, unless in the circle when the ability is cast. (You said this was like Hec's ult targeting)

Guiding Stars - This is similar to Pix from Lulu, correct? Seems balanced


W: Northern lights - Not sure if the slow lasts for 7 seconds or the ability. If it is the slow, that needs to be nerfed down to maybe 3-5 seconds.

Flare Star - The ability to see stealthed units and wards that are near them for 10-18 seconds is way too long.

E: Frozen calling - Resource drain is a No No. That's why they removed it from Wits end.

Sword of Stars - Please, no global ranged attacked. They already nerfed Pantheon and TF's ults from global to a certain range, but they are Ults, not regular abilities.


R: Blazing star - This is ok as is.

Frozen Star - 60% AD and 60% AP ratios are too high, even for an ult. You should have the damage decrease per unit hit by 15% traveling there applied to the AD, and 5% traveling back applied to the AP (only applies to champs).

Example: There are 3 champions between where you throw your sword. You have A, B, and C there.

You deal 100% damage to A, 85% to B, and 70% to C when you throw it. You deal 100% to C, 85% B, and 70% when you recall it.

That's my review for it.

R:
It's the ability that lasts 7 seconds. It's stated that the field lasts 7 seconds. Enemies are only slowed while in the field.

The Sword of stars is meant to be used as a finisher. The range it travels greatly nerfs the effects. I designed it this way to be a global attack with huge draw backs.

Straight resource drains would be a problem, but this one works only on targets affected by a previous ability. I wanted to bring something that was heavily used in the past. The restrictions of this ability seem pretty sound from my number crunching, but if you really think that I'll try to find another effect of it.

And 60% isn't a lot if you look at the scaling for Nunu (120% and 250% respectively for his Q and R). Now if they were 1-1 ratios I would completely agree with you.

Flash Star is an ability that helps find wards without having to spend the 400 on an oracles. 18 seconds would give you enough time to find two or maybe three wards/mushrooms. It's less time then you may think, but if more people agree then I will take a second look at it's time.

You do understand that North Star is a skill shot right? You fire the bolt and use a slider when casting to select the place where it explodes. So, exactly like Hecarim's ulti slider, but about the size of Ezreal's W, and the circle is larger then the line.

The passive stealth is what makes him unique. He's just like twitch. People hate stealthers, but there are only 2 real people with stealth in the League (Twitch and Evelyn). Plus it takes a long time to re-enter stealth after breaking it. Twitch and Evelyn can just re-enter it when they break it.

--------------

And yes he looks similar to Malzahar, save it's more like he's walking on light or air (aspect) instead of just floating.

Thanks for the reviews and comments. I have some new ideas, but I to take some time to confer with Solrom about the changes I plan to make.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyroRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-07-2012

I thought I had misunderstood a few of the things.


Quote:
And 60% isn't a lot if you look at the scaling for Nunu (120% and 250% respectively for his Q and R). Now if they were 1-1 ratios I would completely agree with you.
Nunu's ratios are high for those 2 abilities mainly because they are the only damage he deals, and the ult is also very difficult to pull off. The scaling on yours seems more agreeable now that I realized that even building hybrid, you can't really achieve optimal damage with it compared to other ults.

Quote:
You do understand that North Star is a skill shot right? You fire the bolt and use a slider when casting to select the place where it explodes. So, exactly like Hecarim's ulti slider, but about the size of Ezreal's W, and the circle is larger then the line.
This I didn't catch. That's why I questioned it a little. I overlooked the Range that was above the abilities. I simple oversight on my part.


Quote:
Straight resource drains would be a problem, but this one works only on targets affected by a previous ability. I wanted to bring something that was heavily used in the past. The restrictions of this ability seem pretty sound from my number crunching, but if you really think that I'll try to find another effect of it.
I really don't have a problem with it myself, but Riot thought that it was too overpowered and inconvenient to even have mana drain.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyria Eternal

Senior Member

06-07-2012

I think they removed it from witts end because it burned when it drained, and the fact that it wouldn't work against fury or energy based champions might of had something to do with it too.

------

Thanks for looking again. I try to make things as clear as possible. And thanks again for the review.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edasich

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesofTerror View Post
Explain what you mean by "quotes"?
I mean what Polaris says in-game, like when moving, attacking, taunting, joking, dying, and/or using certain abilities.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freöhr

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Hey - I'd like to add your champion to my list of champion suggestions. Check it out and tell me if I can asap please!

My list


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyria Eternal

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentientSushi View Post
Hey - I'd like to add your champion to my list of champion suggestions. Check it out and tell me if I can asap please!

My list
I don't appreciate the joke. Do this again, and I will report you.

---------------

This is your one and final warning.


12345678 ... 9