{Champion Concept} Polaris, The Evening Star (Review Exchange)

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyria Eternal

06-03-2012

I agree with you gildar. His design was made to mess with people, and deal respectable damage. His balances are that he has no real escapes. The two micro effects can, if used correctly, decimate the enemy team, but they would have to be very tactical about there placement.

Thank you gildar.

Lyria Eternal

06-03-2012

bump

Lyria Eternal

06-04-2012

bump

S20G Treble

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

06-04-2012

Honestly when I hear "Polaris" I'm almost instantly thinking positive and negative polarity. I think the name is to a certain degree misleading on a Sun/Moon based character.

Part of giving a Champion a completely second set of abilities would be the ability to control the flow of the shift, and at 2 minutes that is kind of steep, your still looking at about an 80 second cd if you max that your cdr. Consider making the Ultimate damage-less but also put the CD at about 15-20 seconds and make it so it empoweres your abilities by 5/10/15% for 10 seconds after phasing. The lopsided CD's would still be in effect but you could link Sun to Moon for better flow as necessary.

Base stats review - 600 range is pretty far, consider 550 area to make it on par with the majority of carries, move speed down to 320 from 325 [the general range for initial ms for all champs is 300-320]. Every champion has a base spell block of 30, and at .1/level, it might as well just not improve. I would drop it and keep it a base 30, not a lot of champions scale up mr as they level, and MOST of the ones who do are more support tank roles, scaling at .75/level.

no listed health or mana regen/level. I recommend .5/level and .4/level respectively, increase base HP regen to 4.7.

As a nuker consider 300 Mana with progression of 55-59/level. Consider increasing health scale to 70-78/level. Maybe take base health down to 390-400 area.

[Q] - could probably lose the fear and blind, the mechanics are uneccessary, especially with the blind on the Sun passive. Consider clarification on AOE's as 200 RADIUS AoE. A lot of AoE effects are listed by radius of effect and that makes those numbers look absolutely huge.

[W] - (Moon)Clarify AoE as a 200-250 Radius AoE, clear 5 second duration (15's rediculous), damage as Damage/Second inside. Remove immobilize secondary effect from moon phase portion of the power. Like the sun effect, but would like to see a power that grants vision of the affected enemy targets for a couple of seconds instead of ANOTHER power on a champion that reduces armor or MR, would make it just a smidge more origional.

[E] - Need, need, need to clarify how much damage will drop offf per bounce, I recommend 10-15% per bounce, minimum of 40% if you go with 15%. Sun - Doesn't stack with what? It's a supplemental burst damage effect, there's almost nothing to stack it with, except Madred's, and at that point it deserves to stack since it's every few attacks.

Would appreciate a peek and a review when it's convenient for you.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hlight=timmoth

Lyria Eternal

06-04-2012

Polaris didn't have many reviews, so his evolution was halted in that fact, and his range is the same as Anivia.

I will add the regens later today.

---------------

His lore is a bit complex, and causes his theme to be of fire and ice. The cold of space with the flames of a burning star. Since you can only see stars at night I thought it would make a nice 1st theme to the abilities. The fear is something I was planning on removing, and just hadn't gotten around to it. Where revealing the target is a nice effect that I could use with his Sun form (the "modes" haven't been locked it). I've been thinking about changing his W (sun) to something else, so a reveal is a good idea.

---------------

The bounce effect from the Glaive is 100% right now. I've been talking to Solrom about how to scale it effectively.

---------------

His ulti is supposed to make people chose which to play. A dps, ranged mage or a dps melee fighter. It's not supposed to allow for easy shifting in combat. Just as an escape mechanic or a last blow.

DarkHaitsu

06-04-2012

nice, can you review mien too ?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6#post24965256

Lyria Eternal

06-04-2012

Reworked. Everything is new, and syncs in interesting ways check out now!

S20G Treble

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

06-04-2012

The only thing I would say I feel iffy on is I didn't see anywhere where he might get to change his aspect from one to the other. If it's in there and I just missed it then awesome, otherwise I advise one because you might click the "wrong" one for what you want to do on accident, you might pick an aspect and the other team is really suited to deal with a particular form of his. The added versatility would be a big improvment.

Lyria Eternal

06-04-2012

It used to be his ultimate allowed him to change aspects until he changed back, but I removed it to add a bit more limitation to his build, and play style.

His ultimate still allows him to switch aspects just not for long. I may increase the duration on it but I'll need some good reviews about it before I do.

Lyria Eternal

06-05-2012

bounced bump. Awaiting new reviews.

1234567 ... 9