What to do when you can't do anything

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snaketeeth01

06-01-2012

also of theses junglers
Lee Sin, Udyr, Shyvana, Dr Mundo, Cho'gath, Rammus, Darius, Olaf, and Nocturn
I only have udyr, mundo, cho and olaf.
I don't have alot of experience with them either..
I will be getting either akali or rammus today. It's IP weekend and I bought a boost, so i'll be going crazy today.

Also I know I've seen akali jungle a few time's.. so I'm probably gonna try that out

Etherimp

06-01-2012

Mundo and Udyr are 2 of the strongest junglers in the game, currently.. Much better than Yi and WW. Cho is also amazing, as is Olaf; for different reasons. Rammus is a great ganker, and his primary weakness is getting invaded early on.

As for your philosophy on building tanky...

A BV or Frozen Mallet are great, but no matter what AD carry you choose, you need damage/attack items or you are going to be useless to your team. It doesn't matter if you don't die, because if you don't bring anything to the team in terms of damage, then you are not fulfilling the role the team needs you to fulfill...this is why they call you a noob.

AD Carrys job is to get fed. If you are constantly compensated for dying by building yourself tanky, then you're not fulfilling your role on the team. It's that simple. There are OTHER players on your team who are supposed to be tanky and be protecting you. You must trust them to do their job if you play AD carry. I think your problem is that you have bad positioning. In lane, you should focus on farming and harassing so that you can out-farm your opponent which will allow you to out-gear them which will allow you to dish out the damage like you should late game.

I think your FIRST priority if you wish to improve your game is to start focusing on NOT dying.. Stop blaming your team. Start taking responsibility for your own KDR and stop making excuses and trying to go against the grain. Clearly, it's not working for you. Again, I am not trying to insult you, I am only attempting to give you a nice heavy dose of reality so you can become better by addressing your weaknesses.

Stop playing ranked for a while, and focus on training up a few strong champs. If you would like, you can add me and I'll play a few games with you and give you as much advice as I am capable of.

The Butt Doctor

06-01-2012

My advice? Get after Riot to stop pitting you against people with 4 times as many wins as you.

You might learn from playing people better than yourself but nobody, and I repeat, nobody enjoys getting utterly destroyed. You don't learn a thing from that.

Unfortunetly, matchmaking is pretty awful in all aspects, and the fact you can't leave without some manner of punishment makes you sit there and take it.

The men at Riot are truly sadistic sometimes.

Junkie Cosmonaut

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butt Doctor View Post
Unfortunetly, matchmaking is pretty awful in all aspects, and the fact you can't leave without some manner of punishment makes you sit there and take it.

The men at Riot are truly sadistic sometimes.
Things like this made the transition so much better for Dota2. I wish riot would consider a policy like theirs for leaving if someone's been gone too long.

Snaketeeth01

06-01-2012

perhaps if it were mandatory that in order to play this game u have to attach a device to your genitals so the moment you are found trolling, they can put it to vote to give you a shock.
Not just to hurt, but something lethal.

My last 3 games have been lost in the lobby.
There is always at least one player who say's absolutely nothing during lobby. They pick who they want, and they feed.

It absolutely confuses me how it is possible to lose a game when I play shen.
Not only is he banned %99 of the game's I play, but when I DO get to play him, I have two troll's making it litteraly impossible to win.
When i play shen I am invovled in %90 of my team's kills at all stages of the game. I'm not even exxagerating. And yet somehow.. these player's are able to lose the game. I get a headache when I try to understand how this is possible.

I've also made the mistake of letting other player's jungle. And by let I mean I will call it, but they take a jungler and feed anyway. I guess it's really my fault for refusing to double jungle.

This is supposed to be ranked play.. and yet as soon as "hope is lost" theres at least one player who goes AFK/feed's/flames/ or just fin'd some way to throw the game.
Why are these people allowed to share the same planet as me?

I want to play the game for fun, I can't do that.
I can't even play normal game's anymore. I can't stand in.
And now I'm stuck in this.. who know's what.
This alter dimension I never thought would exist. The game's been out how long and people play like this?

Perhaps riot should enforce pay to play. I support that.
$20 a month even I'm good with. I honestly would rather that than to be forced to endure these useless wastes of oxygen.

But it won't happen, riot is designed around bringing in the $$. A new champ every month, 2 sale's a week to keep that RP comin in.
I say they would be making just as much from subscription's as they would from curretn skin sale's.
Adjust the RP price's slightly, maybe down by 2-300 to make purchases worthwhile and I will still buy buy buy. In fact I would be even more encouraged to support riot if they enforced pay to play so I can avoid this pain.

Snaketeeth01

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
""
I'm not saying I counter build like this all the time, but I do know how to.

Ranked just somehow seem's to be even more offensive than unranked.
I'm already used to the jungler being underappreciated and blamed for every tiny little itsy bitsy thing that goes wrong.

But this is just shocking.
apparently it's player's like me that keep everyone else trapped in elo hell.
I've never had to use the ignore button so often.
Every other game I play I have my entire team ignored by ten minute's just so I can catch a break from the flaming.

The moment I start getting **** on I just ignore them, I'm not gonna waste my time typing trying to justify why I couldnt do exactly what they wanted the moment they wanted it.
I'm gonna at least keep my chat free.

I avoid playing ad carry, simply because I wish to avoid the pressure of being known as the guy who can't keep up in CS even though my jungler hasn't ganked once in 16 minute's, yet I've been ganked by the enemy jungler and mid lane 4-5 times. It's still my fault I'm 2-6-1.

This is when I start to counter-build. If I'm dying in a single burst, I need to stop this burst from killing me so I can dish out some dmg back and at least rely on teamwork and teamates to deal enough dmg to secure a few kill's. unofrtunately i can't rely on tamates to do this because they are too focused on flaming me instead of working together to make up the gap.

I've read the guide "emotions the driving force behind whatever whatever" and it's true.
What do you accomplish by pissing off your teamate by telling them how bad they are and how it's their fault your in elo hell?
All you do is frustrate them, piss them off, stress them out, they arn't going to play well.

I have been playing this game ranked all day and I am emotionally exhausted.
When I lose %70 of my game's from terribad teamate's and all I hear all day is how much I suck at the game, what's the point?

What I've learned from ranked is bad game's don't happen. Bad player's happen.
If your KDR is not positive at that specific moment in time, you deserve to hear all about how your the worst player ever.

KDR is the least important thing in the game as far as i'm concerned.
If you look at a carry with 15-5-5 or a support 5-5-15, how can u say one is more important than the other?
Yes the carry may have been the one who dealth enough dmg to get the killing blow, but it was the supports ward/shield/buff/debuff that allowed the kill to happen. One is not more important than the other, what matter's is that the team secured the kill.
I though playing ranked people would understand this, but it still shocks me how often I see "you stole my kill!".
No.
KS = Kill Secured

Oh and of course as soon as I'm labelled the "bad jungler" my team feel's it's ok to take my buff's.
Obviously if I had a few failed gank's, or was unable to gank your lane I am wasting my time running around the jungle and in the river. This is lost xp and gold. I need to make that up, and if I don't I will stay behind. Again this is just fact, not a demonstration of skill.
If I'm 3 levels behind and dont have the proper item's, I can't make the ganks I'm expected.
Oh wait did I say this was obvious? My mistake, apparently this is unknown to the general population as well.

I've just commited to play 2 roles so I can at least excel in that opposed to do ok in all 5.
I don't want to say just 2 roles I actually play 3. I just limit myself to jungle or bot lane.

I welcome any friend add's for duo Q's

MeltedWater

06-01-2012

I added you, so we can duo queue if you want, I've never done ranked games, but I want to start eventually anyway. You can chose to accept the friend request and maybe queue with me, or not, I don't care.

But, I'm going to suggest something again, because it was ignored the first time and I don't think it's a bad idea, especially if your team needs AP. Jungling as Fiddlesticks, you are a strong presence early in the game, you can be strong mid-game if you get fed enough, and carry the team to an early victory. Pentakills aren't out of the question. You can get kills all by yourself at level 6, and easily solo dragon in tip-top health. (If someone comes to gank you, you have no problem soloing them, at dragon, because Fiddlesticks can 1-v-1 *almost* anything.)

Start the game with an Amplifying Tome and Health Potion. You won't need the potion if you don't get invaded, but it's nice to spend the 35 gold for the security. You can start at wolves before getting blue if you have a hard leash; otherwise, start with blue. You don't need a leash, but a soft leash never hurts. You want to get level 2 before wolves. (Or, if you had a hard leash, before wraiths anyway.) Your skill order should be W, E, W, Q, W, R, Q, Q, Q, Q, R, W, W, E, E, R, E, E. The only time you'd want to switch this up (jungling) is if you can't 1-v-1 someone, but think you could if you maxed W before Q. I *strongly* recomend maxing Q first (after level 3 W, to clear jungle faster) because that's what gets you kills -- especially when you ult. Speaking of that, I wouldn't gank until you're level 6. You can do it at 4, when you get your Q, but only if the person you're ganking for is fairly competent and can help you stun more or can kill fast. At 6, though, it's an easy gank if they're not warded. You just channel your ult from a brush or behind a wall, pop in, flash if needed, Q, W, and then type "/all surprise!" after they die...especially if you have the Surprise Party Fiddlesticks skin. :P The first thing you want to get when you base is a Chalice of Harmony (because you won't haev blue buff anymore -- you went base because you ran out of mana) and then after that, get an Athene's Unholy Grail. I recomend getting Boots of Swiftness, but you can get others if you prefer. After that, you want to rush a Zhonya's Hourglass if you're using your ult a lot in team fights, or a Rylai's Crystal Scepter if you're still ganking 1 or 2 at a time. If you're fed enough, get Rabadon's, if not, get whichever you didn't get 3rd first. Generally your last item should be Abyssal Scepter unless you're extremely fed and they have a ton of resist then you'd want Void Staff instead. Sometimes, you might build the Abyssal Scepter earlier if you need it for the resist. In mid-game, in team fights, you want to try to stay somewhere hidden, unnoticed, and ult in on the fight. You can either initiate with your ult + Zhonya's combo (feel free to use E or Q before Zhonya's *if* you think you'll live long enough) but if they initiate first you won't have to (just make sure they're not too far from your ult). If your team is even halfway competent, they'll realize that your ult alone just took half the enemy team's health, and will follow up with damage fo their own before your Zhonya's wears out and get at least 3 kills for your team.

^Hope that gave you a new perspective on Fiddlesticks. Try him out if you want. If you already own him, it doesn't hurt. He's a good jungler that I find I can play very well. Maybe your play style is different but it never hurts to try a couple times is what I always say.

Etherimp

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltedWater View Post
I added you, so we can duo queue if you want, I've never done ranked games, but I want to start eventually anyway. You can chose to accept the friend request and maybe queue with me, or not, I don't care.

But, I'm going to suggest something again, because it was ignored the first time and I don't think it's a bad idea, especially if your team needs AP. Jungling as Fiddlesticks, you are a strong presence early in the game, you can be strong mid-game if you get fed enough, and carry the team to an early victory. Pentakills aren't out of the question. You can get kills all by yourself at level 6, and easily solo dragon in tip-top health. (If someone comes to gank you, you have no problem soloing them, at dragon, because Fiddlesticks can 1-v-1 *almost* anything.)

Start the game with an Amplifying Tome and Health Potion. You won't need the potion if you don't get invaded, but it's nice to spend the 35 gold for the security. You can start at wolves before getting blue if you have a hard leash; otherwise, start with blue. You don't need a leash, but a soft leash never hurts. You want to get level 2 before wolves. (Or, if you had a hard leash, before wraiths anyway.) Your skill order should be W, E, W, Q, W, R, Q, Q, Q, Q, R, W, W, E, E, R, E, E. The only time you'd want to switch this up (jungling) is if you can't 1-v-1 someone, but think you could if you maxed W before Q. I *strongly* recomend maxing Q first (after level 3 W, to clear jungle faster) because that's what gets you kills -- especially when you ult. Speaking of that, I wouldn't gank until you're level 6. You can do it at 4, when you get your Q, but only if the person you're ganking for is fairly competent and can help you stun more or can kill fast. At 6, though, it's an easy gank if they're not warded. You just channel your ult from a brush or behind a wall, pop in, flash if needed, Q, W, and then type "/all surprise!" after they die...especially if you have the Surprise Party Fiddlesticks skin. :P The first thing you want to get when you base is a Chalice of Harmony (because you won't haev blue buff anymore -- you went base because you ran out of mana) and then after that, get an Athene's Unholy Grail. I recomend getting Boots of Swiftness, but you can get others if you prefer. After that, you want to rush a Zhonya's Hourglass if you're using your ult a lot in team fights, or a Rylai's Crystal Scepter if you're still ganking 1 or 2 at a time. If you're fed enough, get Rabadon's, if not, get whichever you didn't get 3rd first. Generally your last item should be Abyssal Scepter unless you're extremely fed and they have a ton of resist then you'd want Void Staff instead. Sometimes, you might build the Abyssal Scepter earlier if you need it for the resist. In mid-game, in team fights, you want to try to stay somewhere hidden, unnoticed, and ult in on the fight. You can either initiate with your ult + Zhonya's combo (feel free to use E or Q before Zhonya's *if* you think you'll live long enough) but if they initiate first you won't have to (just make sure they're not too far from your ult). If your team is even halfway competent, they'll realize that your ult alone just took half the enemy team's health, and will follow up with damage fo their own before your Zhonya's wears out and get at least 3 kills for your team.

^Hope that gave you a new perspective on Fiddlesticks. Try him out if you want. If you already own him, it doesn't hurt. He's a good jungler that I find I can play very well. Maybe your play style is different but it never hurts to try a couple times is what I always say.

Fiddlesticks is a VERY situational champion.

In response to snake: You need to take a break from ranked and get a new perspective on things. I sent you a friend request. Play some normals/draft pick with me this weekend. I have a mumble server.

Snaketeeth01

06-02-2012

dunno what mumble server is, but ill check for your request after I get this defeat in the game Im currently afk in.
I just don't care. After 15 minute's of my team refusing to surrender a game taht was over by 5 minute's, I shouldn't be forced to put forth effort in a game I know is decided long long ago.
When yet again somehow I actually get to pick shen, but I get a jungler who dies to minion's, a mid who fee'd fizz and loses turret by 7 minutes, and a passive AD who can't last hit. It's no surprise we go 2-11 by 11 minute's. Especially when the first gank I get is a level 4 jungler coming to fight 2 level 6's.
Where these dumbasses come from I will never understand.
I even offered to give up my shen so I could jungle if he couldnt do it! But no..
Fail.

I may just drag myself out of elo hell by playing soroka soroka and only soroka. She really is a god.
When I go 1-0-11 and push down two turret's in less than 15 minute's, I think that's really the way to go.

Snaketeeth01

06-02-2012

oh by the by, I have a great love for jungle fidz.
I've seen many discussions about whether or not he's a good jungler or not, and I'm siding with yes, he's an excellent jungler.
He actually doesn't need smite, but in ranked it's safer to have it so u can steal and secure buffs and drag.

I run 9/0/21 masteries grabbing greed so I start with amp tome and 2 pot's, which you NEED if you are not running smite. But yes start blue, w q w q. After red go for gank with flash Q W ignite if not using smite.
It doesn't take much effort to get up tier 1 boot and gun.
I run xp gain quint's and masteries, which make's up for time spent running, or in bushes, but also get's me ahead pretty quickly if I can secure kill's I can keep up in level with mid lane. Especially if I can push them out.
Once he hit's 6 though his gank's are just epicsauce.

The best thing about fids though is once you have gun and it's still early game, with spellvamp masteries you gain so much hp while u drain that you don't even take dmg if they hit you. If they stop you with a hard cc all the better, cuz I would rather eat that while my teamate whack's away at them.