What to do when you can't do anything

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snaketeeth01

05-31-2012

Recently i just got into playing ranked games. I avoided them season one because I was still acquiring more champ's runes, etc. I figured know sense in playing ranked when I know I'll be useless.

Now season two, yay me I'm a half decent player, own maybe half the roster, I have 9 pages, now I can play some ranked.

I started out a few games, and of course got flammed hardcore.
No matter what I did win or lose, everything was my fault and player's from both team's just couldn't have done a better job at letting me know how terribad I am.
I didn't really care, I'm new to ranked, I expect my elo to drop so I get to "where I belong".
Once I got my first ranking, I was at around 1400, and was matched up with competant player's.
This was a HUGE step up from playing unranked solo Q.
Which got to a point where I had started to only jungle because it has the biggest influence in the game. So I was used to carrying at LEAST one of my free-week player's who had no sense of strategy or map awareness.

In my head, playing ranked would be a whole new world. I would actually have teamate's who knew what they were doing! I'll get to whatever elo I belong in, and be challeneged to become a stronger player.

All the time I've been playing LOL (nearly two year's now) I've heard of this ELO hell, and I believed it existed. I know unranked has it's hidden elo, and I figured I was trapped in elo hell, based on the competence of my teamates.

After playing a few ranked game's, and being stuck with role's I'm not so good at, I dropped down to around 1100, after sitting at 1300 for a little bit.
As my elo went down, I noticed that the skill level of my teamates went down drastically with it. And not just little bit by bit, more like huge decisive chunk's.

Every game I lose, the BIGGER mistakes they make.
There isn't a game goes by now that some guy extend's, dies (after being yellow pinged) then flame's the team for not being there to support him cuz he's the one who has to "carry us".
ugh..
I am one of very very VERY few player's that understand's the game is a little more than KDA.
This is not COD. it's LOL.
When I deny the enemy jungler from securing red and then I go take 3 buff's, putting me ahead and ensuring he's behind, this is not reflected in my KDA.
When I drop some ward's around the map so we have map control, this is not in KDA.
When I solo dragon at level 7, this is not in KDA.
When I gank bot lane for a double kill and get their turret in 8 minute's, i may get a few points in my kills or assists. But the fact that i pushed turret down so early for an advantage is NOT in the KDA.

All of these thing's I do to influence the game that I see, these troll's neglect. So later on when I have 2-5-8, they just flame-on about how noob this score is. But don't take into account what these number's actually reflect. The action's behind that one death here, what happened when I got that assist when I ganked mid lane at L4 giving our lane an advantage.

Today though has been an all new low.
I thought my solo Q unranked was bad.. but the teamates I get NOW, are just absolutely amazing at being the worst. It's astounding.
When the game reaches a point where you personnaly know you can't affect a teamfight, but you know you can BD. There is a really simple option here.
Bait them left, but go right. Smoke and mirror's, very very simple.
I'm not Sun Tzu, but I know what I'm doing.
So when I say "i'm gonna go do this, bait them but don't die!" this is when my teamate's go fight hard 4v5, they all die, then call me a noob for being accross the map.
I've seen this happen in unranked, sure, but I figured player's who played ranked had an idea of what they were doing.

When I'm almost oom, have no pot's, have 1 buff, and you tell me to gank and it fail's, it's not my fault it failed. I knew I couldn't gank, don't pressure me to. If I were in a good position to do so I'd have done it without being told. F off, let me do my job.

Now almost everygame I play I see enemychat light up "report X for trolling", and this is within 2 minute's of the game.

My teamate's never see jungle invasion coming.. They have very poor initiation.. I don't understand it.
Not every game am I the best of the worst, but I often get the feeling that if two of my teamate's had any sense about them, we could beat the other team very very easily because they are pretty bad. But somehow, it's bad team vs bad team, everytime!

On those game's where I do get lucky enough to drag their asses to victory after 50 minute's of grueling work, I get a whole 11 Elo.
But then the next game start's, i get an AFK and a troll, and lose 14 elo because there was absolutely nothing I could do.

I want to stick with jungling, because it is my best role, and I know how much it can influence the game.
So if any of you have any tip's on which champs I can play to make up for complete incompetence it would be great. I may need to buy shyv, lee sin and maoki, but if thats what it takes i'll do it.

So now I'm feeling this elo hell.
If i play unranked I have to deal with all sort's of bs, and now after just 1 day I already feel hopeless with ranked. There has to be some way to claw my way to victory without getting a headache.

One example being that I lost a match as shen. SHEN, how is this possible? I have an aoe taunt, I hit them and... my team runs in the other direction. Great.

defleppardruelz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

keep playing..you will eventually get to where you are supposed to be the more games you play.

Mitch Bade

05-31-2012

at lolmatches.com you can see your Normal ELO, and download a small program that uploads all your data to that website so you can watch every bit of data of your previous games. Not only does it just keep you informed of your ELOs,(even dominion), you can learn a lot about yourself and what you need improvement on.

Snaketeeth01

05-31-2012

i've been sticking with junglewick. I don't understand why people say his gank's are weak pre-6.
Just knowing my teamate's abilites, and watching enemy SS, I can usually gank quite well, or scare them off from farming cs.

I'm running into the trouble now though that no matter how good a start we get off to, if the enemy has any sort of basic teamwork, we get absolutely destroyed.

WW is pretty easy to target and kill as my only escape is flash, and it's honestly not hard to stop my suppress.
So far I either get us to a good enough start to carry (if I get kills), or I end up getting assists, warding, and become a semisoft melee support who can't do **** for teamfights.

I still prefer ww over yi, even though yi has a faster BD, I feel ww offers more.

I'll just keep on dropping til I hit 700 elo. Then lose more til I hit 500.. then maybe I'll be able to get some wins? I don't know.
Duo Q may be the way to go for me. If i can rely on at least one person having a brain then maybe just perhaps possibly there will be a shadow of hope at almost achieving victory. I just don't wanna get into a strong premade and be thrown against 1800 elo's and get stomped.

I'm at the point now where when I play pubstomp builds it works. What a shame.

Tasgal

05-31-2012

Compared to things like an Alistar popping out of a bush and punching you onto a tower, his ganks are quite weak. He has very little ability to actually guarantee he (or the lane he's ganking) does anything meaningful to the enemy. His laning outshines his jungling in nearly every way, and you can still go for ganks on mid after you hit 6. If you're in the teamfight phase, being targetted is something you WANT. Build tanky. Frozen Mallet, Wit's End, Force of Nature, Frozen Heart, Shoes, and like a Randuin's or something. I've tanked 4 people at a time with that build and come out on top (granted they weren't exemplary players).

MeltedWater

05-31-2012

The jungler I play most is one that considered to be bad, from what I undestand, most especially in ranked games (which I've not done). But if your enemy team isn't warding, it's a free kill for you. If they ARE warding, then get some vision wards and kill their wards...then come back later if they don't re-ward. But Fiddlesticks seems, to me, to be a valid jungler. He clears the jungle somewhat fast and at a high health the whole time. You don't have to rely on your team to even leash for you, because he can take blue buff without one. Easily. At level 4, when you should be learning your Q, you can get a kill/assist if your teammate in the lane is good enough. At 6, you can get one all by yourself. At 8, you can solo dragon (maybe even at 7, if you're fed). And if people don't know how to deal with you, you can get kill after kill the whole game. If you're playing agaisnt people with such a low skill level, they might not know how to deal with a Fiddlesticks, especially since he's not seen much in ranked games. (Which perhaps they've been playing exclusively for a while to get at such a low elo.) If interested in playing him, I can give you more tips. I find him to be a very good ganker and scary throughout the game if they can't deal with him.

Your best option, as you've already stated, is to find a duo queue partner. With 2 people with half a brain on your team, you should be able to win more matches.

meritman

05-31-2012

I feel your pain man. Similar to you I didn't do ranked during season one, but rather took my time to prepare for ranked so that I would hopefully be ready to carry through some others mistakes; however I was totally unprepared for the fact that my unranked elo is far different than my ranked elo, giving me a surprise when I realized that players in ranked 1300's elo are almost completely incompetent.

Etherimp

06-01-2012

Well, there's a few things mentioned in your post which seem to indicate you're actually playing poorly, or have a poor understanding of the game. Keep in mind, I am not flaming you here; I am merely giving constructive criticism. Other, more experienced players, may support or counter my points, and that is welcome because ultimately I am posting this to help you, not to prove I'm "right" or that I'm "good"... So here goes.

1. Junglewick is not very good and Master Yi is even worse. I've played WW in ranked and I still play him on occasion in normal/draft games. He CAN be very effective if everything goes smoothly, but he's really overall a pretty weak jungler. Consider picking up and learning the following junglers: Lee Sin, Udyr, Shyvana, Dr Mundo, Cho'gath, Rammus, Darius, Olaf, and Nocturne. All of them bring more to the table than Warwick or Master Yi, and I'd say all of them are stronger junglers. I've been having an especially good run with Darius and Cho'gath lately, but all of the others are also very good.

2. If you're "being the most influential role" and your score is only 2/5/8, you are doing poorly. I say this not because you're wrong about KDA meaning very little, but because a FED jungler influences the game greatly.. A slow jungler with very few kills/assists who attempts to gank a lane is much less of a threat. A slow jungler with very few kills/assists who attempts to invade the enemy jungle, is not much of a threat. Compare that to a 3/0/0 Lee Sin, who can walk into the enemy jungle, take what they want, kill the jungler or force him out of his own jungle, only to escape alive and with a buff, then follow it up with a kill on a lane.. THAT is a jungler that has a huge impact on the game. Most junglers are early/mid game champs. A Cho'gath who goes 2/0/6 before 10 minutes, then arrives into mid-game with 6 feast stacks, a Rod of Ages, and Boots completed, IS A THREAT for mid-game, and can usually lead his team to an early victory. Without that KDA, you are not nearly as strong as a solo-lane who has picked up the same amount of kills/assists, or more, in most cases. Since picking up CS is not as competitive in the jungle as it is in lane, then your only barometer for surpassing the strength of your jungle opponent is how many kills/assists you have in relation to them.

3. Taking an early turret is not always the best option. Your goal should be to destroy the enemy AD's Creep Score, while bolstering your own AD carry. This is not always best achieved by taking a turret. Let the AD carry decide when they want to end their lane.. You should be there to force the enemy carry off minions, and pick up kills/assists when you can.. NOT to force their tower down before they are ready to end their farm fest. If you want to take a tower down, you should help mid/top lane get some kills and take their turrets. Reason for this is... Now Mid/Top lane can roam the map with you and gank other lanes (including bot).. The more enemy towers are down on the rest of the map, the safer your AD carry can farm their lane. The enemy AD Carry will NOT leave bot lane tower as long as it's still up, as they will continue to try to farm under it.. meanwhile your AD carry can safely sit back and last hit to his/her hearts content while knowing that a gank is unlikely due to the map control you have provided.

4. When you are almost oom and have no pots and low hp, no matter how much your lane *****es, DO NOT GANK FOR THEM UNTIL YOU ARE READY. If you walk into a suicide, then you're just feeding the enemy, which is contrary to what your bot lane wants. What they WANT, is security.. you need to do your best to provide that for them, but you should not dive into a lemming situation. Tell them "I'll be there right after I recall." I often inform lanes of when to expect a gank FAR ahead of time.. For example, "Recalling, Grabbing blue, then coming bot from Tri-Bush." This short sentence contains a lot of information and it will help your bot lane gauge how aggressive/defensively they should play over the course of the next 1:00 - 1:30. Ping religiously. Don't spam it.. Just ping 1-2 times and target the enemy you're going for. This little bit of communication could mean the difference between a double kill and a failed gank.

5. Jungle invasions are only effective if the enemy surprises you and/or outnumbers you. If you and your team are keeping jungle entrances/exits properly warded, then your team should see a jungle invasion as an opportunity for free kills.. And, if nothing else, it allows you to avoid the area if you know your team is not likely to help. Most people will jump on free kills.

Hope this stuff helps..

Themrbill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaketeeth01 View Post
So later on when I have 2-5-8, they just flame-on about how noob this score is. But don't take into account what these number's actually reflect. The action's behind that one death here, what happened when I got that assist when I ganked mid lane at L4 giving our lane an advantage.
Try to get all the kills. I purposely KS teammates, I even let the AD carry and support die once during a gank so I could then come in and get a triple kill. Went legendary, carried the game easy with mordekaiser.

If you're in ELO hell you go where you want, do what you want, and you dont give a flip about your teammates unless they are feeding (making your enemies stronger) in which case you gank for them, maybe ward for them. randoms WILL try to take the kills, use them very badly, then blame you if you have assists.

I want to go mid with Morde, a guy says "I mid", I don't care. I go mid anyway, the guy grabs revive and surge with karthus. So once we get in our support gives up on the spot and AFKs, perfect. So I go bot and farm a bit because the AD carry is lagging a lot, I get a double kill at lvl 6, go mid and kill mid, head top and kill top. The game is basically over now, and our AD carry comes back pissed at me that I "took his farm", and karthus gains some respect for me and we start ganking together. Won the game 9/0/0, a 4v5.

Sometimes I wonder if a D/C elo hell random is better than a player that comes in and goes 0/11/9

Snaketeeth01

06-01-2012

sometime's those DC's are just better. Unless you just so happen to be facing 5 opponent's that almost have skill.

In comparison to normal matches, I get those guys that don't say anything, pick anychamp they want and go to any lane they want.
When nasus decides he wants to go bot and play as support, my other lane's blame me for feeding their teemo. And apparently that's why we lose.

Yet in ranked, even those who stick with the meta or close to it either can't do their job.. or we just simply get outplayed or outfarmed. it happen's. I'm not a noob cuz the other guy has a 700 gold advantage over me and I can't overcome it. That's math. His number's are higher than mine, he is greater than me. That speak's nothing about my skill as a player, yet the flame's rise.

As for your tips, I'm looking into better jungler's, but at this point it honestly hardly matter's.
I'm happy with my shaco and ww jungle, but yes I know there are "better" jungler's out there.

As for picking a jungler there are a few thing's I look for.
What my ultimate will bring to a teamfight.
my ability to bd a lane and push quickly.
if if tanky or glass.
If I offer a stronger early game or late game.

To me olaf seem's to fit into all of these quite well. If you have redbuff and ghost on you can tag a champ and start droppin that axe to keep em in range. Olaf build's FM anyway, and he's naturally just a sexy beefy guy. I like this.
Comparing olaf to yi, Yi has speed where olaf has power. I can't say one champ is better than the other, they simply play different and add different thing's to the team.
When I'm picking a jungler (skarner, wukong, nas, fizz, yi, olaf, xin, fiora, whoever) I try to look at what my team need's most.
With this frame of mind this make's me more of a "team player" cuz I'm not just jungling. I'm warding, taking, assassinating, I'm ad, I'm AP, I'm whatever we need.

But this is just me, one of 5 player's. I don't know that the guy who just picked ashe only picked ashe because all he know's how to do is bot ad.
When i play an AD, I know enough to adapt to the world around me.
Evolve or die.

Too many time's when I'm playing ad I'm told to do this this, or this.
So when I'm playing caitlyn with a BV, a couple vamp items, chalice, maybe a maw.. a defensive build vs an ap burst team with heavy cc. Apparently I'm a noob because I dont have IE PD BT like every other cookie cutter AD player I see. I know enough that if I build glass cannon, the game is just a 4v5, I'm gonna feed, we lose gg.
But if I tank up a bit, I can keep myself sustain myself in the field for a long time without having to worry about oom. I can take a hit, and yes I may not crit as often, but as long as I build AS/AD I can still boost the dmg to my Q, and rely on headshot to put out strong damage while using my traps and net to keep myself out of harm's way. So no, I may not be that DPS that's doing whatever damage per second, but now I'm the guy that soak's 5 skill's, survives, they chase me putting themself out of position so that my TEAM can get the kill. I don't care that I get it, I just want them dead.
This is essentially how i play GP.
randuins, ghostblade, trinity, ionian X X. I refer to it as baitplank.
Just because I pick an "ad carry" doesn't mean I will cookie cutter the way an "ad carry should".
A tank is not the person with the most hp, it's the person who take's enemy aggro and survives.
So yes, I play "Ashe the tank".

Usually I get alot of heat for my "noob build's" because people just don't understand what it is I'm doing. But it work's. The issue I'm having now with the player's I get is thye don't see this, or think this.
They just figure "Hey I'm xin, I'm gonna build 2 BT's, a PD, wriggle's, and roflstomp the world trololololo".
But because they have no hp or tenacity, they eat a stun, or aoe slow, and they melt like a certain part of my body in my woman's hand's.
Just like that karthus who decides to go mid because all he has to do is "hit r to win". But then vlad eat's him up and spit's him out. Then the rest of us now have to face vlad the tank who cannot be killed because the moment he is in any sort of trouble he drop's into pool and get's out of jail free.

I've even been victim to people counterpicking themselve's.
Like the guy who take's swain mid because "I'm a good mid swain". Well that's nice and all, but the other team captain already picked leblanc.. so now your not gonna land your snare cuz she will just dodge out and slap yo bad face with a sigil.

My mission today is to take jungle fizz, ( which apparently is a noob pick) and just carry the world to victory. I alway's luagh when I say I'm gonna take jungle fizz, my team tell's me how bad I am, then I end up going 4-0-3 ganking mid twice and puching down turret's fast.
I've honestly never played fizz in lane and don't know if I will. His gank's are pretty epic when you know how to play him as a trickster. I guess all my practice playing shaco finnaly payed off.
Like when I can juke an entire team for 2.5 minute's. Just to have my team not push a lane..