[Champion Concept] Oteph - the Flying Beast...with artwork...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArosFarron

10-02-2012

His passive seems a bit like Ashe's as it does increase the crit chance. I still love it though. Such power, such rage. I would love to actually play this champ in the game

Leo Tomita

10-03-2012

added skill icons

Leo Tomita

10-13-2012

increase stun a AoE amount on Ground Spikes

Leo Tomita

11-02-2012

Lower CD on Starve

SephirothWontDie

11-13-2012

i like the idea you got here. its a cool concept, but i might like to see some lore for it.

the passive seems cool, i might be worried about his crit damage late game. i dont know too much concerning it, but it should be fine.
his q has an interesting mechanic. can he use it whenever he wants to make the aoe stun come up, lik anivia, or does it immediately come up on contact with an enemy unit?
a built in thornmail is nice, but dangerous to work with. rammus has one, but it returns flat damage based on his armor instead of a percentage. also, whats this about bonus mana? theres nothing about it in the ability descritption.
the frenzy seems nice, like the name of it too, but how many times does he attack within those 3 seconds? or is it based on his attack speed?
no problem with the ultimate except.... there are many people that hover, yet all traps affect them properly. that said, instead of excluding abilities, how about he takes a percentage of reduced damage from all abilities? like, 10/20/30%? i dont know, but sometimes, those traps and abilities wont be used against you. sometimes, the enemy team wont even have those kind of abilities. i know that this is based on logic, but since when has logic ever fit into LoL? Example: Nautilus does NOT automatically kill Brand with his water based abilities.

overall, nice concept, but the ult should be changed kind of.

Leo Tomita

11-18-2012

add better explanation on W and low the critical damage on the Innate.

Leo Tomita

11-27-2012

new draw..

Jiksho

11-27-2012

so this is basicaly Crypt Lord from warcraft 3. Put more effort the next time

Neowolf24

12-19-2012

Good, we need a true bug in this game. The argument can be made that Kha'Zix, Cho'Gath and Kog'Maw are bugs, but they could just as easily pass for reptiles in my book.

I think he would probably benefit more from a passive that increases his critical strike chance rather than his critical strike damage. An AD/AP hyrbid Champion doesn't usually build very many critical strike chance items (except maybe Trinity Force which only gives a 10% chance anyway) so increasing the damage done by a critical strike wouldn't really have much of an effect.

Q (Ground Spikes) I have a really hard time understanding this ability. I think what you should try to do is remove the melee part of this ability to make it simpler. I would suggest looking at Evelynn's Hate Spike ability as it sounds like they might work in a similar fashion in terms of how they shoot out.

W (Shock Sclerites) Overall, I really like this ability. You might want to clear up the wording on the passive a little bit. You should look up the item known as Thornmail for help clarifying the passive. Here is an example of how you could rewrite this ability.

W (Shock Sclerites) (passive) Upon being hit by melee attacks or abilities, Oteph returns 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% of that damage before armor or magic resistance as magic damage. (active) Oteph claps his wings for a little, charging forward a bit and slowing every unit is behind him in a cone.

It would cause serious problems for Darius and Tryndamere players (I love anything that screws over Darius, the cause of all things bad in the world) so I like it.

E (Starve) You might want to redesign how this ability works. My suggestion would be to turn this ability into a 6 second self buff that adds additional damage to his basic attacks and allows him to regenerate mana based on a percent of the damage done. Here is a description of what I mean.

E (Starve) For the next 6 seconds, Oteph's basic attacks deal 20/35/50/65/80 +0.4 AD and AP as magic damage he regenerates 25% of the damage done by his basic attacks as mana.

R (Here it Comes) You might want to rename this ability. You make Oteph say "Here it comes." when he uses the ability, but it doesn't really make sense as an ability name. Once again you might want to reword this ability so that it is not as confusing. A good ability to look at for this one would be Malphite's Unstoppable Force.

Leo Tomita

03-31-2013

skin and base stats at 18 added