Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Plain champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Immë

05-30-2012

I dunno about the rest of you guys, but Riot is releasing a ton of plain champions. If it isn't looks, then it's in the kit, one or the other all the time. Anyone else think "Screw big burly men and hot busty women, get me a razorblade demon"? I know it's been said that Urgot, Skarner, Trundle, etc were mistakes, but why is that? Mythical creatures are what video games are for. I don't play a character just for the looks also, I would switch files for every champion and make them kog or cho if it wouldn't make the games so confusing...Ugly, terrifying, unrealistic traits are WELCOME in these games, Riot is ****ing stupid to think otherwise. Champions like graves or ashe are fun and all, but when all your choices are humanoid like that...It's plain. Varus is the only one recently released that had any cool looks and actually had a fun kit to boot, we WANT more creatures, quit calling my favorite champions "mistakes".

Mephiste

05-30-2012

Wall of text ಠ_ಠ

Ailias

05-30-2012

Just make an ugly female champ and I'd be happy.... just cos

Maximum Can

05-30-2012

Quote:
Mephiste:
Wall of text ಠ_ಠ

You call THAT a wall of text? It's hardly a kickstand of text. It's like an anthill of text that you'll trip over and get little bites all over your leg if you stay around talking too long.

Sheesh.

OP, I think that the visuals are pretty neat-looking, but I think you're confusing "plain" with "humanoid". Take a look at the past few champs that were released and you'll see they're very different-looking and interesting to see.

Lethal Cow

05-30-2012

Gragas's Fatter sister. Oh god.

Immë

05-30-2012

Quote:
Maximum Can:
You call THAT a wall of text? It's hardly a kickstand of text. It's like an anthill of text that you'll trip over and get little bites all over your leg if you stay around talking too long.

Sheesh.

OP, I think that the visuals are pretty neat-looking, but I think you're confusing "plain" with "humanoid". Take a look at the past few champs that were released and you'll see they're very different-looking and interesting to see.

Possibly, Yorick has a more attractive design than Garen, Graves, Jarvan, Pantheon, Taric, Talon,Lee sin, Tryndamere, Darius, etc. Just by the simple fact that sure he looks human, but he has a monstrous look to him. Humans are boring as **** and just plain to see in a game full of magic and conflict.

Immë

06-01-2012

Bump