does lich bane proc spell vamp, lifesteal, or neither

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amélie Poulain

05-29-2012

im trying to see if incorporating either will improve my survivability in comparison to 2x BT ad carries

The SHP

05-29-2012

lifesteal. Same with sheen and trinity.

the exception is the couple of cases where an AA modifier converts all damage (including the lich bane damage) to magic damage, which would be Poppy's Q and Morde's Q. Those two, only when the lich bane proc is on the same attack as the ability proc, heal from spell vamp. In Morde's case he also gets shield generation based on the lich bane damage

TF's converts his ad to magic damage too, but the sheen/trinity/lich bane proc still is a separate physical damage instance for him, strangely enough, and benefits from lifesteal

Twistana

05-29-2012

Lifesteal

Amélie Poulain

05-29-2012

alrighty

how about this: what would you suggest if i were, oh say, ziggs or fizz or something and wanted to benefit from the massive lifesteal lichbane could give me

should i bother with a gunblade or not bother with lifesteal at all

Zhico

05-29-2012

lifesteal, this is why ap sion is scary with lichbane

Lil B Task Force

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlie Poulain View Post
alrighty

how about this: what would you suggest if i were, oh say, ziggs or fizz or something and wanted to benefit from the massive lifesteal lichbane could give me

To be honest just like Lux your autoattack usually ends up being more of a laning boost. Your Q is on such a short CD and all of your moves are skillshots, combine that with positioning and you should be too busy to utilize auto's to your full potential especially since you're a long range caster.
In general, get a wota if you really need it.

Twistana

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlie Poulain View Post
alrighty

Meh, hex is expensive and doesn't offer enough for it really. I mean yeah if your entire team are AA champs except you, grab the hexgun over wota, but if your allies get a lot of damage from spells or if an ally has wota, grab another wota its worth it for your team.

That being said I have wonky AP build that do buy hexgun almost always, I take arpen marks, spell vamp quints, armor seals mr glyphs and get sort boots, hexgun, lichebane, rabbadon etc and I can dish out a fair amount of damage and also become a decent dps ap champ who can sustain we'll.