DotA-like champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AznMichael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2010

Not sure if this is in the right section.
Been playing DotA for like 3 years and just started playing this. I bought master yin and hes sorta like blademaster. Yea, just want to know which type of champions are similar to these heroes from dota: Troll warlock, Nai'x, Spiritbreaker, DK, and Axe.
And what champions do you recommend? I don't really like casters. I like late game heroes.

Contralize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2010

well Spiritbreaker looks like Alistar .
techies heimer? idk..

Eltrotraw

08-21-2010

If you want a carry, if I recall, your list there are all strictly melee except for Warlock which was a weird support character(I thought so anyway) and Dragon Knight(DK, right?). They're all hard carries, so the hard carries that I can think of in LoL since you "like late game heroes" I can think of are that also fit similar criteria similar to those guys:

- Tryndamere. The definitive hard carry in LoL. You're not so great early game, but once you get your infinity edge and/or other damage items, you'll notice your performance skyrocket.
- Olaf. A bit of a foil to Tryndamere, he still relies upon getting farmed up late game to destroy things. His Ult also makes him immune to any disables.
- Xin Zhao. He has a good initiation move, and is made to wreck faces before his is wrecked, though he's not so reliant on a late game as much as the above two.

Macho Maximus

08-21-2010

Well, I would assume the Wuju BLADESMAN would be like the blademaster. XD Anyways, I don't really play DoTA, but with some research, it would seem Nai'x is slightly similar to Warwick, The Blood Hunter, in the way that he has a skill that deals damage along with high lifesteal, and that his passive is a constant lifesteal that helps significantly in jungling and self-healing.

Precised

08-21-2010

I would say Strygwyr is more like Warwick than Nai'x is

GreatRice

08-21-2010

well, i'd say
blitzcrank = pudge
garen = blademaster
karthus = zeus
ashe = drow ranger
teemo = techies?
sion = skeleton king
warwick = bloodseeker
annie = warlock? haha
jenna = keeper of the light
taric = omniknight

hmm.. that's really all i can think of right now, haha

The Reaver

08-21-2010

For the most part, entire heroes aren't ported into here, but certain skills are with modification. For example, Zeus's ult is now Karthus's ult, except Karthus has a 3-second channel time and an AP ratio. Pudge's hook is now Blitz's grab, except Blitz's grab has a short delay, moves much faster, and stuns on grab.

TheLoneOreo

08-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatRice View Post
well, i'd say
blitzcrank = pudge
garen = blademaster
karthus = zeus
ashe = drow ranger
teemo = techies?
sion = skeleton king
warwick = bloodseeker
annie = warlock? haha
taric = omniknight

/thread

Valdien

08-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatRice View Post
well, i'd say
blitzcrank = pudge
garen = blademaster
karthus = zeus
ashe = drow ranger
teemo = techies?
sion = skeleton king
warwick = bloodseeker
annie = warlock? haha
taric = omniknight

add in Morde as Death Knight. And yup.

Ozy

08-21-2010

I don't think there is a single faithful port of a dota hero. Just certain skills were carried over. It's a bit of a disappointment because I feel some dota/hon heroes would do a lot for this game.