Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DotA-like champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AznMichael

08-21-2010

Not sure if this is in the right section.
Been playing DotA for like 3 years and just started playing this. I bought master yin and hes sorta like blademaster. Yea, just want to know which type of champions are similar to these heroes from dota: Troll warlock, Nai'x, Spiritbreaker, DK, and Axe.
And what champions do you recommend? I don't really like casters. I like late game heroes.

Contralize

08-21-2010

well Spiritbreaker looks like Alistar .
techies heimer? idk..

Eltrotraw

08-21-2010

If you want a carry, if I recall, your list there are all strictly melee except for Warlock which was a weird support character(I thought so anyway) and Dragon Knight(DK, right?). They're all hard carries, so the hard carries that I can think of in LoL since you "like late game heroes" I can think of are that also fit similar criteria similar to those guys:

- Tryndamere. The definitive hard carry in LoL. You're not so great early game, but once you get your infinity edge and/or other damage items, you'll notice your performance skyrocket.
- Olaf. A bit of a foil to Tryndamere, he still relies upon getting farmed up late game to destroy things. His Ult also makes him immune to any disables.
- Xin Zhao. He has a good initiation move, and is made to wreck faces before his is wrecked, though he's not so reliant on a late game as much as the above two.

Macho Maximus

08-21-2010

Well, I would assume the Wuju BLADESMAN would be like the blademaster. XD Anyways, I don't really play DoTA, but with some research, it would seem Nai'x is slightly similar to Warwick, The Blood Hunter, in the way that he has a skill that deals damage along with high lifesteal, and that his passive is a constant lifesteal that helps significantly in jungling and self-healing.

Precised

08-21-2010

I would say Strygwyr is more like Warwick than Nai'x is

GreatRice

08-21-2010

well, i'd say
blitzcrank = pudge
garen = blademaster
karthus = zeus
ashe = drow ranger
teemo = techies?
sion = skeleton king
warwick = bloodseeker
annie = warlock? haha
jenna = keeper of the light
taric = omniknight

hmm.. that's really all i can think of right now, haha

The Reaver

08-21-2010

For the most part, entire heroes aren't ported into here, but certain skills are with modification. For example, Zeus's ult is now Karthus's ult, except Karthus has a 3-second channel time and an AP ratio. Pudge's hook is now Blitz's grab, except Blitz's grab has a short delay, moves much faster, and stuns on grab.

TheLoneOreo

08-21-2010

Quote:
GreatRice:
well, i'd say
blitzcrank = pudge
garen = blademaster
karthus = zeus
ashe = drow ranger
teemo = techies?
sion = skeleton king
warwick = bloodseeker
annie = warlock? haha
taric = omniknight

/thread

Valdien

08-21-2010

Quote:
GreatRice:
well, i'd say
blitzcrank = pudge
garen = blademaster
karthus = zeus
ashe = drow ranger
teemo = techies?
sion = skeleton king
warwick = bloodseeker
annie = warlock? haha
taric = omniknight

add in Morde as Death Knight. And yup.

Ozy

08-21-2010

I don't think there is a single faithful port of a dota hero. Just certain skills were carried over. It's a bit of a disappointment because I feel some dota/hon heroes would do a lot for this game.