Varus or Graves

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syferfyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

I finally saved up 6300 ip and want to buy an AD carry. I tried Varus during free week, but didn't get to try graves so I don't know which to buy as I see many people saying that Graves is a good champion while Varus is underpowered. If there is any other 6300ip AD carry that you would recommend please feel free to say so. I mostly play Solo Q Normals so there is almost always no support :P so that might make a difference in what champs I can play.

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

graves>varus imo
varus has a very strong lane phase because he is easy to zone people with
graves is very durable and has an escape mechanic and is good all game long

other 6k ad bot champs I would recommend are ez and vayne, both are very strong choices

the main staple of strong ad champs imo are vayne, ez, graves, kog, and ashe(depends a lot more on player skill than the others)

Nevercrysis

05-29-2012

Grave definitely. Itīs because Grave does have escape dash which also boost his attack speed, and also he can launch his Smokescreen, which is very useful to attack, distract, slow, and escape. His ult can hit AoE. If you hit his Q + R closely, it does serious damages to your enemies.

In other hand, Vaurs has more range and damages with his Q, When he kills an enemy, his attack speed get faster, which you can take advantage farming and doing harass combining your passive with your W. Also he has a smultiple stun Ult, which he can use to begin the teamfight. Varus has no escape skill, you may try to E, but... still bad one! Only way to escape with him is "Flash".

But in the end, all depen on how you prefer to play an AD Range: Sniper or In-fighter?

If I were you, Iīd buy both, just to have them and switch them!! haha!

Enjoy!

Syferfyre

05-29-2012

Ok, so based on the responses Graves is better then Varus, Does Graves have any disadvantages?

Nevercrysis

05-29-2012

His range. He is a in-fighter. He does not have long range auto-hit like Cait or Kog with his W.

But, he is just as all AD Range. With Grave, you gotta learn to "trust" your tank and support, hit hardly, use your Smokescreen wisely, and never forget where to stay in every moments of the teamfight.

For example, Talon can hunt you easily. Thatīs why your position is the most important thing. And by learning it, you can avoid lots deaths. And never use your dash to enter a teamfight... I learnd it in a hard way! XD

Syferfyre

05-29-2012

Ermm in Solo Q, most of the time you can't really trust anyone on your team, lol you gotta depend on yourself. So in Solo would you still recommend Graves?

Boomstick II

05-29-2012

In solo, Graves is definitely better.

In more organized play, Graves is still probably better, but it's a little closer imo

Syferfyre

05-30-2012

Dangg, just bought Graves because of all the positive comments, he is a very good champ went 19/6 first game with him. Didn't know how much the escape ability could do, saved me a couple of deaths by dashing through walls.

airaze

03-28-2013

I like Varus a lot more. He has two awesome skins but that's beside the point.

He has huge (and I mean HUGE) single target focus damage. He is probably more viable in higher ranked gameplay as he needs skill to play. Graves has more space for error but a well played Varus is definitey better. His Ult is probably one of the best ults in the game but needs extremely well timing. Graves however you don't need s brain to use it. Graves has a dash which is somewhat better for escaping and he's got an AoE. His Smokescreen is actually an excellent skill if used well too. Graves is also older. Varus has got probably the best long ranged poke and is mostly skillshots which I would say is funner. He has an AoE slow and a max-health-percentage damage with a full combo can deal a MINIMUM of 45% max health (providing you max his W). Varus has more room for error such as low defense, escape and mostly skillshots but for me that makes him funner to play.

Also, consider what lane you are going on. Varus is okay bot carry and Graves is excellent bot carry. Varus is excellent solo-mid carry and Graves is an okay mid carry. I like AD solo mids like Talon so yeah, make your choice bro.

Vycky

03-29-2013

Varus is my champion of choice. He's really good right now since tanks tend to stack more health and Varus shreds % health with his Blight passive. His ultimate and long range give him a lot of safety with a coordinated team.

However, if you're solo queueing a lot then Graves would be better. He's safer than Varus because Graves has an escape, is never weak at any point in the game and a bit easier to pick up than Varus in my opinion.

Varus>Graves in my eyes.