Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please make the UI Modable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cooksta

06-24-2010

I just want a clean simple interface with big buttons showing my CD's and the minimap directly in front of me, instead of peeking out to the right.

Also, moving around you're team bars would be extraordinarily helpful, especially if your a support class.

Anyways, personally I'm a minimalist, so the default UI is already way too overcluttered and complex for my liking.\

But +1 for a moddable UI.

Cyrus1469

06-24-2010

Quote:
cooksta:
I just want a clean simple interface with big buttons showing my CD's and the minimap directly in front of me, instead of peeking out to the right.

Also, moving around you're team bars would be extraordinarily helpful, especially if your a support class.

Anyways, personally I'm a minimalist, so the default UI is already way too overcluttered and complex for my liking.\

But +1 for a moddable UI.

There is a way to Move and Resize the Elements now. its not in the GUI , you have to code it in the HudResolutionDefaults.ini for example:

[Minimap]
XPos=100.000
YPos=100.000
Scale=0.950
Anchor=LR

X & Y cords
Scale
and Anchor LR obviously means Lower Right.

PhryneasGdL

06-25-2010

i even created a graphical tool to modify those values, you can download it here:

http://wp.phryneas.de/?page_id=2&lang=en

feedback in the comments on the tool page please, i won't check this thread regularly

aka Chainsaw

06-26-2010

You can change the size of your HUD in the options and remove the excess blank wall space, and well as remove it with Alt + -

PhryneasGdL

06-26-2010

but that won't allow you to resize or move single UI elements - check my tool for that

Cobblecat

Recruiter

06-27-2010

Quote:
Zanbato:
Just as the topic says, please make the UI mod-friendly. I really liked the old UI, and I would like a mod to bring it back (scalable so I can make it smaller, but still). I have a feeling the mod community would do alot of fun stuff with it.

Yes. Modding the UI is necessary for a game like this.

ŠØÜLŠTÊÅLËR

06-29-2010

Quote:
Monzie:
Pleeease do not allow the UI to be moddable, for one simple critical reason... it changes game balance. Everyone should be using the exact same UI in a competitive game such as this, no focus targets, no mods that show you every little detail about someone else's character (such as something that parses out their rune page based on their stat progression as they level etc). Nothing showing what their cooldowns are at, etc. This stuff is game breaking and really imbalances the game for new players, as you have to be a crazy mod person to even compete.

aka go look at how many mods/macro's you need to be even remotely competitive in WoW arena, its absurd.

Changing the UI will not effect it that critically. Customization should have to goal of easing sight for each and every player. It won't give people such an advantage because the stuff you can change would be limited. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=149948 (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=149948) I explain everything well here. At first i thought what you had in mind but once you look at it again, it won't affect anybody too much

HaunterV

04-08-2011

i just want ot remove MY healthbar from over my head..... im already glancing down at my skill cooldowns so i dont rally need my hp bar over my head

Quote:
SouIstealer:
Changing the UI will not effect it that critically. Customization should have to goal of easing sight for each and every player. It won't give people such an advantage because the stuff you can change would be limited. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=149948 I explain everything well here. At first i thought what you had in mind but once you look at it again, it won't affect anybody too much

you just need to be able to MOVE THINGS! i want to put my team's portraits in th espace where the ui wall normally covers

Perb

04-08-2011

Like Cyrus1469 said, you can move, scale, and hide almost everything on the screen individually from the HudResolutionDefaults.ini file, which is in C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\Menu\HUD.

CedricsX

07-08-2011

Quote:
pantong:
Bump. I would love this idea. "Target skull first; then moon, sheep, condom ect"

LOL ! don't forget to fear triangle and cyclone square.