Please make the UI Modable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

climax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

Personally, I would just like the option of the old UI.

mijikmushie

04-01-2010

This is some thing i would REALLY REALLY like to see. One of wow's greatest triumphs imo was the completely moddable UI. Obviously LoL is not WoW, but no offense the default UI is ugly as hell, functional but ugly. I dont need little portraits of my team members that dont even work, i dont need boarders around my skills etc i dont even look a the life bars of my selected targets at the top of the screen. So much useless clutter.

Modding and moddability is a major factor in the success of games nowadays, it brings in a whole new community of people that just love to play with things and make stuff unique.

Xpload

Adjudicator

04-04-2010

You can dream about it. So many HUD suggestions were brought up since beta day 1 and all we got is this "new" (worse in my opinion) HUD.

Turbo Loonie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2010

imHo:
- old ui looks betetr ( seen in fanmade manual or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR-A1yxzVeo )
- in WoW UI mods raped the game, I know since I did it ; when mods were broken due to updates we simply took vacations from raids, mind you we were in top 300 raiding guilds (monitored by bosskilelrs and other censuses starting with MC nad BWL, stood strong in TBC and prevailed in WOTLK) ; it ruins the game and it ruins the arena ; the game needs to be tuned to account for the mods and the private mods flipped the scales oh so much
- introducing movable frames (ability buttons, healthbars etc) would be nice

//me

Thome

04-06-2010

this would be awesome.

0DiX

04-07-2010

I have a 24 inch 16:9 full hd monitor. The map is too big for my screen and the teleport progress bar is not in the center of the screen. I would love to see movable health bars. What's the deal with two health bars? One in the center it's enough, why do i need another health bar on top left corner? I say... tweak it a little bit and stick with it. I don't mind modding the ui with animated hud. I played wow and the mods did ruined it. I personally liked the diablo 3 interface mod in wow. Maybe we can get something like that here... It's a simple concept. That's what i like about it. So to stay on topic, i am for ui hud modding.

sigil

04-08-2010

heh, i come back after all these months... leaving when they first changed the HUD to its current disgusting and unplayable state that no one liked (polls and posts) and STILL people are complaining how **** it is.. and STILL they have done nothing to change it. I mean vague promises to make it slightly more customizable are useless. just put in a **** option to change it back to the beta HUD, its a 1000x better and would take almost no effort from the LOL staff as they already have the code and UI made up.

but that brings us back to the jobs of the HUD team... add/use the old HUD and look whos out of a job because its perfect how it was.

just give us the **** old HUD option and you guys can play around with changing your new ****ty one all you like.

The Bad Lamb

06-22-2010

I would love a modable ui. Please implement this.

Cyrus1469

06-22-2010

I for one would love to be able to change the look and style of each Element. Its something that i find necessary for my enjoyment in a game.

Im not asking for the ability to code in CC watching or Rune Page Sniffing or anything like that , i am asking for the ability for UI makers to create New Skins and Layouts so i can find one that is to my likeing .

now i didnt play with the Old UI but imho it looks good, but i understand the users that said it got in the way of Red Teams view and was changed to give a fair balance no matter what side you were on.

Its either that Or id love Riot to make more than just 2 or 3 selectable and movable UI Elements.

Monzie

06-23-2010

Moving around what is currently shown in the UI or having different backgrounds isn't what I was getting edgy about. Just any extras that would give another player an edge by displaying data or information beyond what is currently displayed for all players. Mods that would ping or warn you if someone went mia on the minimap, icons on enemy players, being able to see the cd's of enemies summoner abilities, etc.