Please make the UI Modable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zanbato

10-28-2009

Just as the topic says, please make the UI mod-friendly. I really liked the old UI, and I would like a mod to bring it back (scalable so I can make it smaller, but still). I have a feeling the mod community would do alot of fun stuff with it.

rexxbeasley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2010

I agree. The UI being mod friendly could be pretty fun for everyone. I think mod-makers would have a hay-day with this game and make some pretty fancy UI mods and changes.

0PYfclzjrm0E6nRT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2010

I was about to suggest same thing since I really don't like the new UI.

Monzie

03-09-2010

Pleeease do not allow the UI to be moddable, for one simple critical reason... it changes game balance. Everyone should be using the exact same UI in a competitive game such as this, no focus targets, no mods that show you every little detail about someone else's character (such as something that parses out their rune page based on their stat progression as they level etc). Nothing showing what their cooldowns are at, etc. This stuff is game breaking and really imbalances the game for new players, as you have to be a crazy mod person to even compete.

aka go look at how many mods/macro's you need to be even remotely competitive in WoW arena, its absurd.

Raiinmaker

03-15-2010

Making the UI mod-able would actually broaden the appeal of this game to a bigger variety of ppl. Making the UI mod-able wouldn't make this game unbalanced just all of a sudden because some guy can now see your CDs or info on your guy. The mods ppl are more looking for are just to change the UI's look, something more appeal to their style. Good ppl are still going to be just as hard to beat if they have CD trackers or not, because they are able to micro manage "okay he just used his Dark Binding, I have 10secs of freedom till i have to dodge another one."
Half the ppl who play this game only play auto attack heroes anyway. It's not like your going to see the performance of master yi's or jaxs go through the roof cause now they have something to watch (focus targets) while they tunnel vision auto attack your team down.
I think some mods just to customize the layout of the interface would make this game so much more fun.
And obviously when rated game play comes out, they can always just do as blizzard did w/ the arena tournament realms. no customized UI's or mods allowed.

?? Tonedef ??

03-16-2010

I think the UI should be customizable.

But nothing else.
some one mentioned how annoying wow is to compete in arena cause of the amount of mods people use to give themselves a leg up. I dont beleive we should able people to see the stats, specs or runes of some one else. It might be a game but its still war and in battle you don't get to see where your enemy was raised or what he learn on his travels. You only get to see what he looks like, a general idea of what he could do and its up to you whether or not you should risk going into battle with them.

As for the UI change.
Thats definately a bonus. after all in war you do get to choose how you would dress up before battle. I know if im left handed i shouldn't be forced to shoot with with my right. Being able to change the UI's look would allow people to make their screen their own. It wont aid the way people play better.

I would love to change the screen a little. Starting with the map from the right bottom corner. I'd like to put it in the middle others would choose top left or something. I just read a huge cry from people getting backdoor'd (and the simplest idea on how to stop that is by being vigilant in whats happening in your base ie: watch the minimap). From a heterosexual's point, i too would hate to be backdoor'd which is why i try and watch my minimap at all times but there are times i can get tunnel visioned on pushing forward that i miss it for a few second. so by moving it to a place i can clearly see while i can still get cought up in what im doing would help out.

The Look is another thing. Allowing poeple to change the look would make people feel a little more comfortable that its their game.

And key bindings and button configuration would also be on the plate. I know i use a few characters depending on what i want to do in game. Some the key i spam is E some the button i spam is Q. changing between characters you can accidentally press the wrong key as its natural reaction to press that key. I have been known to teleport with twist of fate just a couple of meters in front of him by mistake because i miss clicked. Twist of fate is a real fun character i like to throw in every now and then but not enough to really get my reactions down with. specially if i been playing some one else for a long period of time. Sure some will troll me saying "learn your class and buttons" but finger reactions play a big part in doing well. I know what each button does and what i should be pressing at the time. but when the $#!^ hits the fan my fingers take over.

In saying that "To many mods will destroy the game". Nothing that helps you know who the enemy is but more that allow you to make your guy who he is!

pantong

03-24-2010

Bump. I would love this idea. "Target skull first; then moon, sheep, condom ect"

Anivionics

03-27-2010

as long as it doesnt get as easy access as WoW. so many adds ruined the game by making it a 1 button style game. Just UI addons, no gameplay addons please

Newbed

03-29-2010

Monzie shut up, a modable HUD/UI doesn't change gameplay, only changes the way it looks... stop wining, and if you like the UI as it is ? then keep ik like that, but i realy want some nice HUD/UI screens, its more fun to look at that than always the same thing, and maybe if someone made a cool GIF UI of a moving interface, like glowing lines, or fire, would be cool to look at. might be sometimes a little bit distracting, but its better than looking at something that looks like a wall... so , this is my idea, i hope they intergrade it in here.

Laknob

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoody View Post
as long as it doesnt get as easy access as WoW. so many adds ruined the game by making it a 1 button style game. Just UI addons, no gameplay addons please

Kinda hard to make it like WoW when its a different type of game all together but I agree....

+1 on the Moddable UI. The UI sucks (no offense) I like seeing my health somewhere other than over me (it gets in the way and clutters the screen) and the stock UI's health bars are kinda small and NOT "in your face" enough.

JMO...

I dont care if its moddable if you "fix" its look...

I did see a UI in the tutorial section seen HERE was much better.....