Is there any ranged AD who's viable in top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostfire Ahri

05-29-2012

I'm most comfortable with Caitlyn/Vayne, I think I'll try running them solo top later on today. But thinking about it, wouldn't they lose most trades if they're up against people like Wu or Riven? Caitlyn seems like the strongest choice, because I can zone them with traps, have insanely long range, and use net to escape.

Could you elaborate on Vayne top please? I can kinda see it working if you're up against somone with no gap-closer like olaf, but she's pretty horrible early-game. Would you go boots + pots? or cloth?

Stunnie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

Nidalee hands down. Just kidding, but Nidalee is one of the most common used for solo compared to other AD range.

defleppardruelz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

vayne has good damage and can survive ganks with condemn/tumble. of course you will lose trades to wu and riven, but you should have a pretty safe constant harass with just auto attacks. auto attack, tumble, auto attack to proc your silver bolts, safe and easy and you should be able to win the lane just from that kind of harass, but like i said it depends who you are up against. i wouldn't go ranged ad against any ap top (rumble, vlad, kennen), but you should be able to do good against most bruisers

DragosLoL

05-29-2012

AD carry top was one of the old meta plays but doesn't mean ad carrys can go top. Pretty much, any ad carry can go top but I recommend a carry that has alot of range for most skills like varus, ashe, and caitlyn.

iP1ayJarvan

05-29-2012

kog is great against non-dash bruisers. just keep your distance and auto them with W on. whats more, mix damage is hard to defend against. u will rape mordes, garens and such if u play safe poke, and if ur lucky enough to have top lane by blue buff and your mid is vlad.... nasty lane to deal with lol

lastchancexi

05-29-2012

Kog is awesome, but he will effing die top lane without any escapes. Any gap closer will pwnenate him, and all of the current good top champions (riven, jax, WW) have gap closers.

Soldrart

05-29-2012

Kayle can be built (in my opinion very effectively) as a top lane ranged AD. Also, urgot is a solid solo top as well.

Soulsinge

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldrart View Post
Kayle can be built (in my opinion very effectively) as a top lane ranged AD. Also, urgot is a solid solo top as well.
I agree with this, Kayle REALLY hurts if she's built like a ranged carry, and she has a few different means of escaping (buffing her own speed, slowing an enemy, and the ever-powerful "I Win" button that is her ult). In my brief experience with Urgot top, you absolutely need good ward coverage because he only has one escape, and that's his ult. Terror capacitor is good for eating some harass but it's not the strongest shield in the game by any means. He does offer some pretty ridiculous zoning potential though.