[Suggestion] First Win of the Day Reset

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quwakcers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2010

Hey I only recently began playing League of Legends and I think the game is probably the best remake of DoTA to date. Ever since I began playing I have however being persistently annoyed with the reset timer on the First Win of the Day bonus. As the timer starts 24 hours from when you finish the game it is constantly being pushed forward from the last point at which it was. To the point I am now playing at 1-2am so I can get my First Win of the Day, my suggestion is simple make the reset timer occur every night at midnight. Similar to the Heroic Daily system in WoW. This way players could get on at any time of the day and perform the First Win of the Day and they are still limited to one win per day. This is just a suggestion and I think my second post I would love any feed back on the idea positive or negative. Thanks for reading and I hope you agree

SnakPak564674

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2010

the timer resets at 23 hours im pretty sure. the reason the have it the way it is is so you have to seperate your wins by a day, as opposed to logging on every other day at midnight and ploaying a game at 11 and a game at 1 am the nxt day and racking in 2 victory plus first win bonus worth of ip in one sitting. which is like 4 games of IP

T3h Pr0dIGy

08-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakPak564674 View Post
the timer resets at 23 hours im pretty sure. the reason the have it the way it is is so you have to seperate your wins by a day, as opposed to logging on every other day at midnight and ploaying a game at 11 and a game at 1 am the nxt day and racking in 2 victory plus first win bonus worth of ip in one sitting. which is like 4 games of IP

But you still would not get more then if you would leave it like it is now, because you still can only play ONE first win of the day match per day. It just would make it easier to max. your IP/ Time ratio, because instead of having to wait 24 hours to do it you can just play them closer together.

So all in all I don't really see a problem in this, especially if you would set the reset time to 7am EST (UTC-05:00), so you would have a point where all US timezones will most likely be asleep.

EvilCanadian

08-22-2010

It's 22 hours, and allowing certain people (those awake at the reset time) to get +300 ip over the course of 2 games that could very well be back to back would allow them to play once every 2 days to get the same benefit as people that otherwise would have to play every day. With the current system as long as you play around the same time every day (and don't lose too many games) you shouldn't have a problem getting your win every day. If for some reason you lose a bunch of games one day and your first win bonus gets pushed back to 1am or whatever then just skip a day and reset it back to whatever you want...it's not the end of the world.

NickPham

08-24-2010

Makes sense to me >_>

Dataslave

Adjudicator

08-25-2010

While this isn't a huge issue, my inconsistent playtimes have always made this a moderate annoyance for me. Sometimes I happen to get a win at the end of my usual playtime, and the next day I only have half the usual time, and am unable to even try for a win of the day. Others, I get the win at the beginning of my usual playtime, then I am guaranteed to miss the next day's win of the day.

It shouldn't impact the overall IP gain much if it was changed to reset for all people at a specific time (early morning), and it would help the less hardcore players out there start racking up their IP more consistently.

Arctic Warfare

08-25-2010

There should be an option to see your timer when you login or when you're at the lobby and not only after completing a game. I rather wait ten minutes than play twice.

Chronoblivion

08-25-2010

I would prefer a fixed reset time. Sometimes I hit a 4 or 5 game losing streak, especially when solo queuing earlier in the day before my friends get on. This can mean ending up on a 30 hour reset rather than 22 or 24 or however long it actually is. It's not a huge deal, but can be a little frustrating long term.

Another alternative would be to allow us to "store" our win of the day bonuses if we don't get them each day. If for whatever reason a player misses their WotD, it is saved so that they can get consecutive WotD bonuses on the same day. Of course, this should be limited to only store 3 or so, to prevent abuse. This would be beneficial to players that have busy lives and can't play every day. If nothing else, maybe the option could be sold in the store.

Ap0Th30n

03-27-2011

bump

UnyieldingPride

04-25-2011

Necrobumping (but I actually like the idea)