Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Singed build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naphtal

Recruiter

08-21-2010

I suddenly felt the urge to play singed but i have no idea how to play him "properly" can anyone tell me the typical runes/masteries/items for singed? (preferably an avid singed player)

-PS : i've taken a look at some guides, tried them, didn't like some of them

Pokemaster

Recruiter

08-21-2010

buy ryllai's

El Hebrew Hammer

08-21-2010

I run RoA, Boots of Swiftness, Archangel's Staff (or farm another RoA if you're having a good game, but make sure you have it before the 25 min mark), and Zohnya's.

Most people don't like Archangel's because he doesn't proc the Unique Passive well enough. But with Singed I usually have 2K+ Mana and the 3% conversion is nice. At the very least I get 105 AP from that item. With two of them, you get 200 AP, because the 3% conversion is not unique

fo0man

08-21-2010

read condon's singed guide, it's the most fun I've had playing singed and the guide is hilarious in itself.

The Fat Battler

08-21-2010

Standard and very effective build:

Doran's Shield
Rod of Ages
Boots of Swiftness
Rylai's Scepter

Doran's Shield, Catalyst, Boots, Blasting Wand, RoA, Giant's Belt, Blasting Wand, Rylai's Scepter

Herkucheeze

08-21-2010

I use a pretty flexible Singed build:

Mastery: 0/9/21

Get armor, MR, and Strength of Spirit in defense (HP regen based on mana is great and synergizes with his passive). In utility, I go for Improved Ghost, Perseverance, 3 in Awareness, 4 in Expanded Mind, Meditation, Quickness, Intelligence, and Presence of the Master.

All of these combined will make you faster, more durable, and very rarely saying "oom".

Runes:

Marks - Magic Penetration
Seals - Flat Armor
Glyphs - Flat MR
Quints - Flat Health

The Magic Pen gives us a little more bite, while the seals, glyphs, and quints give us survivability.

For summoner spells I take Ghost and Cleanse. Ghost + Insanity potion @ level 6 is absolutely nuts, and cleanse is still the bee's knees for an initiator like Singed.

Straight out of the gate, I buy boots, 1 health potion, and 1 mana potion. This will get you:

-595 health
-41 armor and 54 MR
-381 Movespeed
-pretty decent hp and mana regen, with a pot of each to keep you effective in your lane.

Your five bars of health will look deceptively squishy, since you will be just 5 hp short of a sixth bar (which most players won't look for). Add in your roided out early game resistances, and you will be much, much more durable than you look.

Take fling first, and communicate to your lane mate that you both need to last hit and let your enemies push the fight to your tower. Once the fight gets near your tower and a fling would put one of the enemy champs in tower gib range, ghost to him and fling. Many, many players fall for this, and most of the time you and your lane mate wailing on them with a few tower hits is enough to seal the deal.

Depending on how your lane goes, you should focus on getting your anchor item, THE Rod of Ages. Loads of HP, mana (which is now giving us extra hp and regen), and AP. Generally I will build a catalyst, then upgrade to Boots of Swiftness, then finish the Rod. If you can finish your Rod and Boots before 18 minutes, you're doing fine. These are your anchor items.

After you get your Rod, assess your team's damage output, source of damage, and enemy resistances. If your boys are failing despite your awesomeness, put your "Carry Singed" face on, and get a Mejai's, Leviathan, Thornmail, and Banshee's Veil. If your carries are indeed carrying (always preferable), get a Banshee's Veil, Randuin's, Abyssal Scepter, and Zhonya's Ring. Item builds should always be situational, but here is a list of rock solid items that aren't THE Rod of Ages:

-Banshee's Veil
-Randuin's Omen
-Rylai's Scepter
-Abyssal Scepter
-Thornmail
-Mejai's Soul-stealer
-Leviathin
-Zhonya's Ring
-Spirit Visage
-Guardian Angel

Again, itemize based on the role you need to fill, and what your enemy's weaknesses are.

Finally, a few tips that will help you get a kill or two:

-If you have a jungler, Singed is very viable in a solo lane. He can punish overzealous zoning with ghost and fling, and can stave off creep waves with poison gas.

-If you find yourself in a lane against relatively squishy champions (ie, not Cho, Garen, Gragas, Alistar, or any other dedicated survivors) at level 6 and have regular boots, a catalyst, and Insanity Potion, Ghost, and Cleanse all off cooldown, go get your kill. Let your enemies push your land ever so slightly, pop ghost and Insanity Potion, turn on the gas, fling the squishiest one back, and drop goo on him. Proceed to auto attack and keep your gas ticking on him. It's pretty much guaranteed they will die. I've had ezreal's with a doran's item pop flash and ghost, and still die from this (granted, the ignite from my lane partner sealed the deal, but it's a team game right?).

-Your job is to initiate with your face. Do it. You will have pretty amazing survivability, a severe AoE slow, and many tools to sow destruction and confusion. Use them.

-Singed is by far the most fun champ to play, and after you main him for awhile you may find yourself becoming ineffective with other less aggressive champs. Fair warning.

Herkucheeze

08-21-2010

ouch -1... and I worked so hard on that...

fakeFetus

08-21-2010

Quote:
Wolfman27:
ouch -1... and I worked so hard on that...

People just read threads and give the downvote with no reason. Rarely do they make valuable counterstatements and if they do at least half the time its 'newb you dont blah blah blah kill myself'. Good post

IronMongrel

08-21-2010

If you're 2v1ing: Start with a Regrowth or Doran Shield + Potion
Otherwise: Boots + 3 pots

Rush boots +3, then make your RoA.
Next you want a survivability item. Either Force of Nature, Sunfire Cape, or Banshee's Vail will work fine.
Now, if you're having no trouble surviving with your current level of mitigation, make a Rylai's. If you're getting burned down too quickly, buy another of the above instead.
Last but not least, it never hurts to have a Guardian Angel. It allows you to be a bit more reckless.

Naphtal

Recruiter

08-22-2010

thanks for the tips guys. thanks wolfman27 much appreciated.