Is this good for the game?

Yes, I love it! 42 44.21%
Good concepts, bad numbers 15 15.79%
YAY! poll = troll 20 21.05%
No, you suck. 18 18.95%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Ted, the Minion Leader

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BillyWilder

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisibleally View Post
This strikes me as being exceptionally original and you have some good ability ideas although I have some ability ideas of my own. While this sort of support tank sounds good, it seems very close to alistar and taric as far as abilities (healing/armor minions). I'm not saying that's bad, but I just don't want to see alistar clones from here to infinity and beyond.

ideas:

passive: Moral Support: Ted is supported by his fellow minions, taking 10% less damage for each nearby allied minion. [[capped at 80%]]

passive: Ted's Righeous Anger: Ted and all nearby allies deal 5 additional damage. This bonus is doubled for minions.

Toggle Aura: Protector's Zeal: Ted redirects 33% of the damage dealt to nearby minions to himself. While this ability is turned off, Ted gains additional health regeneration.

(Ultimate) active: Pile On The Pain: Ted calls a pack of his minion buddies, who latch the targeted enemy champion in place while he goes all 'Ted the Barbarian' on them. Silences and immobilizes the target until the target or their allies deal150/300/500 damage to the minions that are all piled onto the victim.

Active: Decoy: Ted releases a minion-like robot that operates like other minions until struck by a champion.When this happens, the decoy violently explodes, dealing heavy magic damage to nearby enemies.

passive: Minions who otherwise wouldn't be around are drawn to Ted's inspiring presence. Every 5 seconds, a more-dangerous-than-normal minion loyal to Ted appears and follows him around, assisting with enemies Ted targets. Maximum of 8 special forces minions. (they aren't as good as Promotes, but are better than regular minions. When killed, they grant only 1 xp and 3 gold.)

---------

I think you should go more for abilities that summon a bunch of minions to assist Ted in some way, my favorite idea is "Pile on the Pain"

i like your spin. i was thinking to have damage redirected and to have ted give some sort of buff to the minions. Riot i would like to see this champ put into action.

Shadowmender

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyWilder View Post
i like your spin. i was thinking to have damage redirected and to have ted give some sort of buff to the minions. Riot i would like to see this champ put into action.
lol, thanks

Wastelandman

08-27-2012

I've always loved the idea of being able to interact more with minions, to the point where I'll "guide" minions by walking in their way to make them go around me. I just read about Nathan, The Minion Commander and I love OP's Ted idea as well as Nathan, but I really think it would be more fun, and viable to have a minion breeder champion. I don't want to hijack this thread and I'm not much for actual numbers, so I'll just quickly glide through how I imagine him.
Q: A simple damage spell, maybe causes minions to do a small amount extra damage to chosen target.
W: Toggled between allied and enemy minion bait, causes minions to be distracted by food, short ranged "trap".
E: Follow me! Allied minion follow champion, everyone gaining movement speed and armor,
R: Creates a promoted minion that slows and rends opponent.

Looking back over it, I think he would be fun, but really depends on minions, what are any of these champions going to do when caught in river with no minions to control?

Shadowmender

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastelandman View Post
I've always loved the idea of being able to interact more with minions, to the point where I'll "guide" minions by walking in their way to make them go around me. I just read about Nathan, The Minion Commander and I love OP's Ted idea as well as Nathan, but I really think it would be more fun, and viable to have a minion breeder champion. I don't want to hijack this thread and I'm not much for actual numbers, so I'll just quickly glide through how I imagine him.
Q: A simple damage spell, maybe causes minions to do a small amount extra damage to chosen target.
W: Toggled between allied and enemy minion bait, causes minions to be distracted by food, short ranged "trap".
E: Follow me! Allied minion follow champion, everyone gaining movement speed and armor,
R: Creates a promoted minion that slows and rends opponent.

Looking back over it, I think he would be fun, but really depends on minions, what are any of these champions going to do when caught in river with no minions to control?
Nice little idea, but you answered your own question on why it's not such a great idea. My idea also works as an effective support, as well as being a minion commander

Shadowmender

05-05-2013

thumbs up ftw

Shadowmender

05-10-2013

bump?