Is this good for the game?

Yes, I love it! 42 44.21%
Good concepts, bad numbers 15 15.79%
YAY! poll = troll 20 21.05%
No, you suck. 18 18.95%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Ted, the Minion Leader

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowmender

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monnstermash View Post
Not sure if it's been said yet, too lazy to read all the posts but the lore on minions:

"Minions are constructs of the League, used specifically for battle arenas. They aren't sentient. In the earliest days of the League – during their extensive testing phase – there was a rumor that they were using sentient beings as minions. They even supposedly used necromancy to summon skeletal minions to fight as the minions of today do. Such rumors are generally thought to be unsubstantiated."

Therefor, unless this was one of earliest "sentient beings" used as minions, this champion would make absolutely no sense lore wise.
Well, you know that trees and rocks gained sentience before...why can't these minions? But good point, might have to change the lore a bit.

nerdydino

07-04-2012

this sir, is such a copy of nathan.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=nathan
summons elite minions? sclaes off surrounding minions? amazing name? aura that gives minions added stats? copy cat

Shadowmender

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdydino View Post
this sir, is such a copy of nathan.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=nathan
summons elite minions? sclaes off surrounding minions? amazing name? aura that gives minions added stats? copy cat
lol. Look at that champion again before you make stupid accusations. There is absolutely nothing similar with these two champions besides interaction with minions (which isn't a unique concept, so if that was enough to say 'copy cat' then you are one too).

Kidd Carnage

07-08-2012

I was wondering what if Ted could summon minions like Yorick does, but have them last permanently unless killed with a limited cap on them? Or what if his passive was that minion creatures could benefit from beneficial auras?

Shadowmender

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animocitee View Post
I was wondering what if Ted could summon minions like Yorick does, but have them last permanently unless killed with a limited cap on them? Or what if his passive was that minion creatures could benefit from beneficial auras?
his ultimate pretty much does that.

Kidd Carnage

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmender View Post
his ultimate pretty much does that.
Yea i know i read his ultimate i just noticed that he lacked any real damage I though what if he summoned melee and caster minions etc. then hed atleast have some kind of added damage. Btw his ultimate is legit.

Shadowmender

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animocitee View Post
Yea i know i read his ultimate i just noticed that he lacked any real damage I though what if he summoned melee and caster minions etc. then hed atleast have some kind of added damage. Btw his ultimate is legit.
I already put this in the description to change his Q to "Furious Hit." ...actually, I think I'm going to use your idea, if you don't mind.

Deeplight

07-17-2012

Quote:
Ted, the Minion Commander, is a large (champion-sized) melee minion. This champion will be very much a tank/pusher champion. His body is more defined, with better, form-fitting clothes and armor fittings over his hunched back, and the hammer(lance) and shields have obsidian imbedded in it (unlike other champions, he gets 2 outfits as his classic [blue/purple]). In addition, he has a name tag on his left torso.
I got the idea for Area of Defectís: Minions Too. Here are the stats I have thought of for him:
Dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnYYfl58v0o 0:54 - 1:13 Include equipment falling off. (maybe add more of it falling off, just for comedic effect)
Roles: Support, tank, pusher, melee
Auto Attack: He attacks very similarly to a minion of his team. On a critical hit, there's a brief blood splatter on the ground, and a crunching sound.
Haha I already love this champ. I was going to go to bed, but I had this guy pulled open in a tab and after skimming over him I had to do one more review for the night. So the sentient and powerful minion who still manages to specialize on pushing through lanes and taking down towers ^.^ Cute I like it. Let's go into some details shall we.

Quote:
Passive: Name Tag
Ted's name tag makes him less vulnerable to powerful figures. Reduce damage he takes from champions by 5/10/15% (before other resistances)
Okay cool, so it's a minion who is special and not like the rest of them. Neato and the passive certainly adds to the tankiness. Idk about 5-15% scaling though since percentual damage reduction naturally scales as damage values go up. I'd do just a flat 12 or 15% cause he's hardly going to feel 5% imo. Otherwise simple but useful passive.

Quote:
Q Ability: Focused Passion
Allied Champion bonus Attack Damage: 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5%
Active: Targets a single champion, and attracts all minions in range to them. The target takes 3/6/9/12/15% bonus damage.
Lasts: 4 seconds
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Range: 300
Attraction range: 600
A target (like a marksman target) appears over the target, and he takes bonus damage for the duration. Minions are attracted to him, even going into the brush. (If it still isn't seen, they stop chasing him.) This ability works on towers, but doesn't add damage.
Attack damage aura, 1.5% seems too low but 7.5% seems just right, I'd try 3.5/4.5/5.5/6.5/7.5% imo. Useful skill none the less. The active funny and useful would like to see it happen in game. The casting range seems a little short though. Think about it.

Quote:
W Ability: Resolute Aura
Bonus Minion Armor: 3/6/9/12/15
Passive: Allied Champion Armor and MR bonus: 2/4/6/8/10
Lasts: 4 seconds
Cooldown: 10 Seconds
Range: 800
Any effective commander knows a battle is won by the last one standing, not by the one who hits the hardest. Active: Minions gain armor. Passive: Allied Champions gain armor.
Cute and nifty, the numbers may seem a little low to be really noticeable. If you number crunch, how much damage will you reduce if you give ally minions 3-15 armor for 4 seconds. Not much I think. Anyways more numbers to ponder on.

Quote:
E Ability: Siege Warrior
Passive: Protection from towers: 8/16/24/32/40 % (before armor)
Lasts: 8
Duration: 7 seconds
Cooldown: 20 Seconds
Range: 800
Having seen more than his fair share of warfare, he learned techniques to reduce the effectiveness of enemy towers. This knowledge can be shared with his allies in preparation for a rush. Passive: Ted reduces damage from towers (armor applying afterward).
Active: -Ted may choose to either target a minion or champion with this ability. He loses his passive for the duration. Champion targets gain priority if it's a close target. While affected by this shield, targets gain 1/2 his passive.- For minion target, all minions within 500 range gain a shield of 20/30/40/50/60. For champion targets (including himself), that champion gains a shield of strength of Janna's base, but, instead of scaling, it offers bonus protection. The shield will act as though it had either .7 of Ted's defenses, or the target's defenses +.15 of Ted's defenses, which ever is higher.
I really think think this ability is nice and it fits well with the pushing theme. Again I'd check the numbers, 8 seems a little low and 40 maybe a little high. Riot really is afraid giving players a lot of tower diving potential so I'd think about that. I like it though very theme fitting.

Quote:
R ability (ultimate): Pile on the Pain (as suggested by Invisibleally)
Passive: Summons up to 3 elite minions (stats as though cannon minions)
Refresh timer: (1.5 times heimer's turrets) (reduced by cd)
Active's CD: 2 seconds
Range: 700
Lasts: 8/10/12
Any good Tactician knows that focus is key in any operation.
Passive: The elite minions circle around Ted, and attacks nearby champions, and blocks skill shots like a minion would, he also gains +5 armor and magic resist for each one circling him.
Active: Ted orders one of his elite units to a target champion. They encumber and harm the target while attatched. They deal 150/300/450 physical damage over their duration, each. When 1 is on a single target, they are slowed by 20/25/30%. With 2, they are stunned. With all 3 are on one target, not only are they stunned, but they can be slowly moved (at 1/2 their speed) where you want. (Like Shaco's Clone)
___The minions can be targeted and destroyed whether on an enemy or circling Ted. Abilities that cancle CC remove one of the elites, where as the summoner spell will dispell all of them. They instantly attatch to the target, and, when the duration is up, or they have been dispelled, they disappear, and go onto the refresh timer. They grant no gold. They automatically start circling when 'refreshed.' Each minion is kept track of seperately on Ted's Buff Bar. The buffs will be read as "Red Elite", "Blue Elite", and "Yellow Elite." ___
Beautiful, this really give this champion what he was missing. Actual damage potential. The extra protection is also nice but the guy was seriously lacking some actual ability other some auras and shields. I think this ultimate is very fitting and the risk reward of being offensive or defensive is very nice. I'm not really sure how long the minions "mob" the enemy champion and too long of lengths would be very dangerous with a long stun plus move. I'd just check over the numbers just in case.

OVERALL: I love it. You set out to make a minion who has a mind but still does what a minion does best which is push a lane. Idk if such pushing potential would be balanced, but he would definitely add a new feel to the game that hasn't really been seen since original heimerdiner who could have I 7 or even more turrets originally. It was crazy.

I commend you for a splendid job and a very entertaining read. Keep doing what you're doing my friend ^.^

If you want to know more about me please just click on my name below

Thanks

-Deeplight

Shadowmender

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeplight View Post
Haha I already love this champ. I was going to go to bed, but I had this guy pulled open in a tab and after skimming over him I had to do one more review for the night. So the sentient and powerful minion who still manages to specialize on pushing through lanes and taking down towers ^.^
Woot. Glad you caught on.

Quote:
Okay cool, so it's a minion who is special and not like the rest of them. Neato and the passive certainly adds to the tankiness. Idk about 5-15% scaling though since percentual damage reduction naturally scales as damage values go up. I'd do just a flat 12 or 15% cause he's hardly going to feel 5% imo. Otherwise simple but useful passive.
Yes, it was one of my original concerns that it was a bit overpowered later. But no one said it was, and the majority of new voters said "Yes I love him." So I kept it.

Quote:
Cute and nifty, the numbers may seem a little low to be really noticeable. If you number crunch, how much damage will you reduce if you give ally minions 3-15 armor for 4 seconds. Not much I think. Anyways more numbers to ponder on.
Multiply that by the number of minions. Enough said.

Quote:
I really think think this ability is nice and it fits well with the pushing theme. Again I'd check the numbers, 8 seems a little low and 40 maybe a little high. Riot really is afraid giving players a lot of tower diving potential so I'd think about that. I like it though very theme fitting.
Thanks for the complement. And yes, a bit too much of a difference. Was using number from before updates.

Quote:
Beautiful, this really give this champion what he was missing. Actual damage potential. The extra protection is also nice but the guy was seriously lacking some actual ability other some auras and shields. I think this ultimate is very fitting and the risk reward of being offensive or defensive is very nice. I'm not really sure how long the minions "mob" the enemy champion and too long of lengths would be very dangerous with a long stun plus move. I'd just check over the numbers just in case.
lol, at worst it would have been a 2 second slow 2 second stun with 2 seconds of movement, then 2 more seconds of stun, with 2 seconds of slow. (At rank 1) Ya....lol, that's kinda ridiculas. I nerfed the duration, but also almost removed the CD of casting it, so you can stun quicker. I completely overlooked the simple math lol. It could also be a 24 second slow....not OP at all *rolls eyes*

Quote:
OVERALL: I love it. You set out to make a minion who has a mind but still does what a minion does best which is push a lane. Idk if such pushing potential would be balanced, but he would definitely add a new feel to the game that hasn't really been seen since original heimerdiner who could have I 7 or even more turrets originally. It was crazy.
Finally, someone realized his pushing potential would be comparable to his. It's also alot more controllable (since you can move your aura's).

Quote:
I commend you for a splendid job and a very entertaining read. Keep doing what you're doing my friend ^.^
How Flattering.

Shadowmender

08-15-2012

shameless bump