Is this good for the game?

Yes, I love it! 42 44.21%
Good concepts, bad numbers 15 15.79%
YAY! poll = troll 20 21.05%
No, you suck. 18 18.95%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Ted, the Minion Leader

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heidricher

06-17-2012

Please ladies 'nd genttleman see my champion Idea!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2233409

duewell

06-17-2012

frustration, teds passive, each nearby friendly minions death reduce 1 second cool down on abilities

depression, teds Q, passive, ted doesn't like to kill minions and receives 1 less gold per minion. active, ted speaks to the enemy minions about their plight. depressed they commit suicide rather than fight ted. 1 minion suicide per level. 15 second cool down.

martyr, teds W, passive, ted receives 1 armor per level for each minion near him. active ted decides he has had enough and forces the enemy champion to attack him. taunt, 1 sec per level.

retribution, teds E, passive, each time another champions ability effects a minion ted gains a mark. active, teds anger at the unfairness of it all allows him to deal 10% true damage for each mark on his next attack physical attack to an enemy champion. 1 mark per level, 20 second cool down.

field promotion, teds R, passive, Ted has no friendly unit collision. active, works as the spell promotion, plus all damage dealt by minions regenerates teds health 10-20-30% per level. promoted minion targets nearest enemy champion. when near friendly towers, promoted minion constantly imitates a call of distress,redirecting tower to attack nearest enemy champion to tower. promoted minion takes 1/4- 1/2- 3/4- less damage from enemy towers per level. 90 second cool down.

FREE TED!!

Shadowmender

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidricher View Post
Please ladies 'nd genttleman see my champion Idea!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2233409
thanks for the bump...but please, don't be a ******, and actually comment on the champion thread you are posting that on

Shadowmender

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duewell View Post
frustration, teds passive, each nearby friendly minions death reduce 1 second cool down on abilities

depression, teds Q, passive, ted doesn't like to kill minions and receives 1 less gold per minion. active, ted speaks to the enemy minions about their plight. depressed they commit suicide rather than fight ted. 1 minion suicide per level. 15 second cool down.

martyr, teds W, passive, ted receives 1 armor per level for each minion near him. active ted decides he has had enough and forces the enemy champion to attack him. taunt, 1 sec per level.

retribution, teds E, passive, each time another champions ability effects a minion ted gains a mark. active, teds anger at the unfairness of it all allows him to deal 10% true damage for each mark on his next attack physical attack to an enemy champion. 1 mark per level, 20 second cool down.

field promotion, teds R, passive, Ted has no friendly unit collision. active, works as the spell promotion, plus all damage dealt by minions regenerates teds health 10-20-30% per level. promoted minion targets nearest enemy champion. when near friendly towers, promoted minion constantly imitates a call of distress,redirecting tower to attack nearest enemy champion to tower. promoted minion takes 1/4- 1/2- 3/4- less damage from enemy towers per level. 90 second cool down.

FREE TED!!
nice, ever consider making your own?

duewell

06-18-2012

sure have, why months ago i posted a similar concept about a minion becoming a champion for much of the same reasons. while i cannot find it anymore i'm sure a moderator could pull it out. as if it mattered anyway. in everquest it was the frogloks that became playable. in world of warcraft if was the myrloks. in league of legends it should be a minion. i am just trying to offer ideas about what they could do with a minion champ. its not like any single person invented the concept of an npc becoming a playable character. my hope is for the developers to take the best of everyone's suggestions for a minion style champion. i add to this post in the hopes of riot seeing a lot of us would like a minion champ. how ever riot decides to do it.

since the league was formed Ted has watched as champions abused his brothers and sisters. they have perfected doing nothing but waiting on the sidelines until they can come in and last hit a kill taking the gold and experience away for themselves. some have created skills to increase this gold stolen. one stood out especially gifted, twisted fate, whose mere presence provided any friendly champion with two more gold for each of Teds people killed. Ted has found a solution.

passive, union dues, Ted receives no gold for killing minions. Ted receives 2 -5 ? gold for each minion killed by a champion. im sure riot has a number to bring this inline so it wont be crippling.

desertion, Teds Q, tired of the enslavement of his people, Ted has become very good at talking to his people. Ted may activate his Q to cause enemy minions to desert their post. they give Ted their experience and gold before the run off into the forest and disappear. +1/+1/+2/+2/+3 per level.

poverty, Teds W, global, after watching the mindless slaughter of his people for profit, Ted has come to detest champions dragging out the conflict by farming his people of their well earned gold. upon activation all minions on the field will only provide one gold upon death. cool down is reduced per level. push an objective or if they want their gold so bad, make them kill each other instead of teds people

riot Teds E, global, when activated all minions will attack the nearest friendly or enemy tower. duration last 5 seconds per level. the longer this fight goes on the more of Teds people are dying. taking down those towers will hurry this battle along and again force these champions to battle each other. passive, any tower destroyed by minions provide no gold.

rebellion Teds R when activated Ted has no unit collision. all minions near Ted run to him and provide Ted with armor damage and movement speed. Ted does double damage to towers. duration 10-20-30 seconds. cool down 90 if these champions are so hungry for blood let them spill each others.

just a few more thoughts on the minion as a champion. regardless of how or even if riot decides to take up the concept, one thing i hope they keep is how the minion has been put through all of this so that summoners can resolve this conflict safely while the minions people die. this minion doesn't like the other champions. the skills it would have would not enhance the other champions. it would instead try and push the champions into conflict with each other or enhance the actions of minions. let hope more people add ideas to the champion minion concept.

FREE THE MINIONS!

MTG Blastoise

06-18-2012

this would be pretty cool

unQwerty

06-18-2012

Just a guess,is your name or nickname is Ted?

Shadowmender

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by unQwerty View Post
Just a guess,is your name or nickname is Ted?
No, it is not. Just Ted seemed like a good, generic name for 'cannon fodder.' Since he started out as a minion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4STYgma View Post
this would be pretty cool
Thanks, appreciated, man.

Thomas HypeTrain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

I've never really like the idea of effecting minions heavily as a champion ability/passive, I feel like it's wasted utility in the meta game, while giving WAY too much of a laning advantage. However, this champion seems fairly balanced enough to be played as a support and give your carry a pretty good lane standing to get him into the late game. I could also see him played with teleport, and be quite the annoying side pusher and teleporting into team fights with some amazing auras. The only thing I might offer to change to give him a sort of protection ability, like for example, changing the tower ability (his E) to something like: A small absorb sheild, when casted on minions gives all minions within so much range get a small absorb shield, while using on a champion gives that player a mid sized sheild (maybe it can also decrease tower dmg by so much) that way his utility stays strong when it comes to getting ganked or in team fights, just a rough idea :P nice concept!

Shadowmender

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by decca View Post
I've never really like the idea of effecting minions heavily as a champion ability/passive, I feel like it's wasted utility in the meta game, while giving WAY too much of a laning advantage. However, this champion seems fairly balanced enough to be played as a support and give your carry a pretty good lane standing to get him into the late game. I could also see him played with teleport, and be quite the annoying side pusher and teleporting into team fights with some amazing auras. The only thing I might offer to change to give him a sort of protection ability, like for example, changing the tower ability (his E) to something like: A small absorb sheild, when casted on minions gives all minions within so much range get a small absorb shield, while using on a champion gives that player a mid sized sheild (maybe it can also decrease tower dmg by so much) that way his utility stays strong when it comes to getting ganked or in team fights, just a rough idea :P nice concept!
hmm, good idea, I think I'll try to put it in