Is this good for the game?

Yes, I love it! 42 44.21%
Good concepts, bad numbers 15 15.79%
YAY! poll = troll 20 21.05%
No, you suck. 18 18.95%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Ted, the Minion Leader

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S20G Treble

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

06-07-2012

I would say his Passive #4 is his best, most balanced one out of the options. Playing with gold income is a lot more unbalancing than a lot of people think and even a little bit here and there can go a long, long way in the later phases of the match. Plus it's more origional than almost being like Heimerdinger's passive. Alternatively he could have increased health regeneration (1.2/5 seconds) for each nearby allied minion. This could improve at levels 7 and 13 to 2.4 and 3.6 per 5 seconds giving him (7.2/5, 14.4/5 and 21.6/5) additional health regen /5 on the average minion wave. Those numbers are just a ballpark though.

Q - The boost to minion damage is way too high. Caster minions do about 25 damage per shot, so by rank 3 your doubling the damage output of the minion wave. At a 4 second duration each minion at the .7 attack speed they have is getting in 4 attacks, surging the minion damage by hundreds in that short period of time, especially if it's a cannon minion wave. If you want this power to do the same thing, double the duration, double the cooldown and make it 2-3 damage per shot/rank. Either 2/4/6/8/10 or 3/6/9/12/15. It doesn't seem like a wholt lot, but at 6 minions minimum in a wave, rank 5 is bringing 480 - 720 points of damage to the table. Champions passively gaining damage is kind of nice, and the numbers are very reasonable.

W - Same basic premise. Minions almost don't have armor, melee minions have 2 armor and 1 spell block, caster minions have 1 armor and 2 spell block. Super minions don't have any armor and have -30 spell block. At rank 5 your boosting minion armor by 1250% to 2500%. Little numbers look a tad bigger now don't they. You could go for 1/2/3/4/5 or 2/4/6/8/10 armor, but that's as high as I'd put it honestly. If you want the Champion buff to be an aura consider it giving nearby enemy champions 4-5 armor and magic resistance per rank. This will make it's passive aura slightly higher than an Aegis of the Legion aura (easily making it a recommended item for him)

E - This power doesn't seem to soak up a lot, and at 2 seconds your protecting from 1-2 tower shots. This makes the ability really tactical. If your carry/bruiser/pusher is diving your either going to soak up a % of the first couple of shots which isn't going to really protect from too much damage, or your going to try and ensure a retreat. If they've taken too many shot from the turret though they might take too much damage and your resistance won't save them. As a potential variant, consider just making them untargetable by turrets for 2 seconds. It'll prevent a lot more damage and then your almost assured an ability to save someone retreating through a turret zone.

The ultimate in the end just doesn't seem overly functional. Minions don't do a lot of damage in the first place, unless buffed by your uber rediculous Q ( :P ) . And once the enemy turrets are gone your ultimate is worthless, and your champion essentially only has 3 abilities. I'm not really sure what it could be replaced with, as I'm not sure how you'd want to revamp - retool this power, but it's really not a good fit for versatility in the game. It's got one function and that function isn't very long lived or necessary.

If you've got the time I'd appreciate a peek and a review on my guys.

Timmoth,Psion of Power -
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2177652

Quintus, The Battle Captain -
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2193972

Before you look at it, you might find Quintus to be an interesting character since yours here does some minion effects. He is very different, but there are similarities between the two.

Shadowmender

06-07-2012

Thanks for the suggestion good sir.
I like the idea of immunity to tower shots...but..well, any immunity is darn annoying, from Fizz's to Kayle's. So, probably not

S20G Treble

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

06-07-2012

I just figured since you were pretty much making an anti turret damage power anyway that has to be channeled, you might as well make it immunity to turret damage. His effect can be ended by a well placed cc effect and if he moves at all he breaks the effect anyway. It has a couple of hefty drawbacks, so the benefit needs to be more substantial, in my opinion at least. If it was just channeled damage resistance to everything, yeah, immunity is kinda Op, but the %'s of resistance you listed would probably be more balanced considering it's still a channeled effect. Since it's written as just turrets though, it's very focused and needs to be able to perform it's function.

Shadowmender

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilWereWaffle View Post
I just figured since you were pretty much making an anti turret damage power anyway that has to be channeled, you might as well make it immunity to turret damage. His effect can be ended by a well placed cc effect and if he moves at all he breaks the effect anyway. It has a couple of hefty drawbacks, so the benefit needs to be more substantial, in my opinion at least.
ya, it can, but he still grants that bonus to his allies, and minions, he just doesn't get double the bonus himself, and in fact loses it. But, to be honest, how many are going to spend a cc on a short channel, that won't affect the damage done to him by them (the champions). But I saw your point, the channel is a draw back, and I had massively increased range to compensate, I could reduce that for more effectiveness, if you'd prefer.

arkchargersfan

06-07-2012

that passive on the ult seems super op

S20G Treble

Senior Recruiter

06-07-2012

ok, Either his ultimate changed recently or I completely misread it or blacked out right after reading it. It's passive function is kind of rediculous. 4 promoted minions....wow O.o . Even without scaling AD putting all 4 of them on 1 champion makes them your puppet, if they survive the 1800 damage they just took. Holy moley, if you want to summon 4 super minions, it almost has to end there. It can have the added ability for you to alt control them like Shaco's clone, directing the fire at specific targets. But promoted minions hurt, there's a reason you can only target the cannon with it, otherwise having more than 1 in the lane would be insane., especially with the additional effects. slowing, immobilizing and potentially stunning, it's a guaranteed kill, probably a guaranteed consistant double or triple kill honestly.

I would retool it so that he gets 2 or 3, and alt right clicks to command them and since he summons them they last about 20 seconds granting the enemy no gold if killed. So they function essentially just like promoted minions, but your super surging with them kinda how you want to, without all the unbalancing bells and whistles.

Freöhr

06-07-2012

Hey - I'd like to add your champion to my list of champion suggestions. Check it out please and tell me if it's okay...

My champion list.

Shadowmender

06-08-2012

Quote:
ok, Either his ultimate changed recently or I completely misread it or blacked out right after reading it. It's passive function is kind of rediculous. 4 promoted minions....wow O.o . Even without scaling AD putting all 4 of them on 1 champion makes them your puppet, if they survive the 1800 damage they just took. Holy moley, if you want to summon 4 super minions, it almost has to end there. It can have the added ability for you to alt control them like Shaco's clone, directing the fire at specific targets. But promoted minions hurt, there's a reason you can only target the cannon with it, otherwise having more than 1 in the lane would be insane., especially with the additional effects. slowing, immobilizing and potentially stunning, it's a guaranteed kill, probably a guaranteed consistant double or triple kill honestly.

I would retool it so that he gets 2 or 3, and alt right clicks to command them and since he summons them they last about 20 seconds granting the enemy no gold if killed. So they function essentially just like promoted minions, but your super surging with them kinda how you want to, without all the unbalancing bells and whistles.
thanks, i'll just make them regular minions without scaling, but they need to be tough, since they can be destroyed, in order to reach full effectiveness, he'll need a full 8 seconds to put them all on him (unlike skarner, which is instant), and the damage is all over the duration, so it's not instant. So, maybe I'll reduce the number he gets as well.

Shadowmender

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentientSushi View Post
Hey - I'd like to add your champion to my list of champion suggestions. Check it out please and tell me if it's okay...

My champion list.
pls, if you are going to advertise your champion on my page, at least comment on this one...professional courtesy, pls.

Shadowmender

06-08-2012

Quote:
I just figured since you were pretty much making an anti turret damage power anyway that has to be channeled, you might as well make it immunity to turret damage. His effect can be ended by a well placed cc effect and if he moves at all he breaks the effect anyway. It has a couple of hefty drawbacks, so the benefit needs to be more substantial, in my opinion at least. If it was just channeled damage resistance to everything, yeah, immunity is kinda Op, but the %'s of resistance you listed would probably be more balanced considering it's still a channeled effect. Since it's written as just turrets though, it's very focused and needs to be able to perform it's function.
kk, I'll boost the per level % a bit more.

123456 ... 8