how to get 2k elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

05-28-2012

None of this is to say that you can't get a few friends together and do well in about 50% of your matches at low ELO, and maintain a respectable rating of 1200-1500. Just that if you want to hit 2k, you're going to have to put in 8+ hours a day worth of practice, and do it with at least 1 friend who has the same amount of time and similar schedule as you do.

karas thao

06-05-2012

So if getting 2k elo means having to play Ur best champ even without a good teamcomp.
So if I play my best champ(which is wukong) and someone else says to go a jungler do I jugle or stay wukong?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by karas thao View Post
So if getting 2k elo means having to play Ur best champ even without a good teamcomp.
So if I play my best champ(which is wukong) and someone else says to go a jungler do I jugle or stay wukong?
work with your team for best teamcomp. not just picking the best champion that you can play.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

Jungle Wukong. It might not be the best, but you get into the game playing your best champion, which is good for you!

xCry0x

06-06-2012

Learn to be good in multiple roles in multiple lanes. Also learn to be good at a champion that can carry. Being the best support soraka on the face of the planet probably won't help if your AD carry cant last hit and your top lane feeds.

Then learn to be good at multiple champions in multiple lanes so you can counter-pick. This doesn't mean get good at 5 champions in each lane, but try picking a champion that counter's one you are good at.

The players who 'easily' get to high elo are the ones who can play literally every champion in a lane so they take full advantage of the ability to counter-pick. Being this good takes A LOT of time.

PlayWithMe69

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by midillusion View Post
Very true. Competitive gaming is a full time profession. You want to know why the SC2 Korean gamers are the best? Because they treat it like a full time job, like being a pro footballer. (hell, on their ID cards, their given occupation is "Professional Gamer"). All they do is practice their chosen game, and have a very strict regime that they follow with immense discipline. Just to give you an idea of what they do, below is the schedule for your average Korean pro gamer:

Wake up
Breakfast
Play 4 hours of SC2
Lunch
Play 4 hours of SC2
Dinner
Play 4 hours of SC2
Bed

Unless you can put in this amount of time, you will never get to 2k ELO.

I doubt it takes THAT much time and energy..... but you have the right idea.