Janna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheAporoMission

05-27-2012

is janna a good support ?
since i want to play support and a good build on her

Burbinator

05-27-2012

One of the best. IDK why you WANT to play support but...

most supports dont take cs so you always rush gp5 items. idk how frequent ganks are in low elo, but 99% of the time the support will buy faerie charm + 2-3 wards + maybe some potions.

build philo asap though of course never run out o fwards for your lane. After that you want boots so you can escape ganks or help ganks more, then get heart of gold so that you don't feed kills to help the enemy team. Please try not to die. Don't run if you aren't in danger of dying, but you should never get yourself killed and think it's okay because you're only the support. Good supports do their jobs with minimal deaths so they dont feed the enemy team. By the time you get to the point where you can say "lolol i'm only worth like 80 gold doesnt matter" the other team is already in such a huge advantage you've already lost.

Anyway, good support items are aura-ish items. If you really want, you can buy the lucky kage's pick for more gp5. I do that because i am selfish, but by this point you might want to start building an aegis of the legion (defense stats for the whole team) or start building up to a shurelyas (the active is a teamwide huge speed bonus which is key for initiation or escaping). Late game, it's legit for a support to get things like will of theancients or zeke's herald simply to help the team even though it's near useless for yourself, but you'll probably be too broke before this point based off of buying wards and oracles and ****.

Note that cdr in particular is useful for supports, who use their skills for utility more so than pure power (example: cc, speed boost). And any champion that has a heal has ****ty ap ratios on it so you'd be better off casting it more often than for more power. Thus consider CDR boots, FH if no one else on your team is getting it and your'e vs AD, again shurelyas, maybe soulshroud etc

TheAporoMission

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbinator View Post

most supports dont take cs so you always rush gp5 items. idk how frequent ganks are in low elo, but 99% of the time the support will buy faerie charm + 2-3 wards + maybe some potions.

build philo asap though of course never run out o fwards for your lane. After that you want boots so you can escape ganks or help ganks more, then get heart of gold so that you don't feed kills to help the enemy team. Please try not to die. Don't run if you aren't in danger of dying, but you should never get yourself killed and think it's okay because you're only the support. Good supports do their jobs with minimal deaths so they dont feed the enemy team. By the time you get to the point where you can say "lolol i'm only worth like 80 gold doesnt matter" the other team is already in such a huge advantage you've already lost.

Anyway, good support items are aura-ish items. If you really want, you can buy the lucky kage's pick for more gp5. I do that because i am selfish, but by this point you might want to start building an aegis of the legion (defense stats for the whole team) or start building up to a shurelyas (the active is a teamwide huge speed bonus which is key for initiation or escaping). Late game, it's legit for a support to get things like will of theancients or zeke's herald simply to help the team even though it's near useless for yourself, but you'll probably be too broke before this point based off of buying wards and oracles and ****.

Note that cdr in particular is useful for supports, who use their skills for utility more so than pure power (example: cc, speed boost). And any champion that has a heal has ****ty ap ratios on it so you'd be better off casting it more often than for more power. Thus consider CDR boots, FH if no one else on your team is getting it and your'e vs AD, again shurelyas, maybe soulshroud etc
thanks

Kachine

05-27-2012

Quote:

Some people enjoy playing support..?

Never get 3 Gp5 items. Waste of gold. Get 2 and move onto aura items.

midillusion

05-27-2012

Support Janna is built pretty much exactly the same as any other support champ. Your standard runepage should be something like:

Marks - flat armour
Seals - flat armour OR gold/10
Glyphs - MR per level
Quints - gold/10

Since Janna is quite a defensive support, you will most likely want to take the gold/10 Seals, since you won't be getting many assists early on, and Janna is one of the best supports for disengaging fights so there's no need for the extra armour much. For masteries, I take 0/9/21. 21 points in utility is a must for all supports, and I prefer the extra defense for the laning phase.

More 2 This Life

05-28-2012

Quote:

this guy feels a need to swear while helping? the meat of the article is good, just not necessary for the colorful metaphors..

TimelessMonk

05-28-2012

When playing janna her skills are very.. TROLOLOLOL

She's one of the funner support and i lover her :P

Her Q - Howling Gale - is sooo fun

It's hard to use reason being its pretty easy to dodge, but if you're playing in the lower elo (like mine) its trololol It has a really REALLY REALLY long range if charged up all the way (1700) what happens is you place down a tornado and it'll charge up and release itself or you press Q and it shoots off. The longer the charge aka channeling the stronger it is and longer the range. If it hits it knocks up an opponent. Now this skill has 2 great things about it its good for harassment (recommend using it in bushes and use it from there) and it rocks at stopping ganks and saving a teammate. Imagine kat just flashed in and used her ult? GUESS WHAT? Janna pops her q and it stops kat and gives time for everyone to run o-o; or kill... or if you're being chased pop one in and pop them up

Side note: you only need this at lvl one until you max up eye of the storm her E. Its your preference which one you decide to level up first between Zephyr and Howl but Eye comes first D:<

Her W -Zephyr- is pretty effing great

Passive: At max it gives janna a 16% boost in speed. Which is nice
Active: Its range is mediocre at 600. It slows an opponent down and does someone okay damage (eh)

Her E -Eye of the Storm- is WHERE ITS EFFING AT MANNNGG

It has a nice range of 800 and can be used on either turrents or champions ! This right here is Janna's most important skill when it comes to using her as support! This shield last 5 seconds but those five seconds shield your team from both AD and AP (attack damage and ability power). This shield can save a teammate and allow your team to tower dive this should be the first skill you max.

Her ult Monsoon lol... SO GOOD

Even though it recently got nerfed (well not recently but you know) its still good This ult has 2 effects. It instantly pushes enemies away from janna and heals any friendlies in the range of monsoon (725) This ult channels which means you can press r and let it sit there and after the push you can keep on healing This is ult CAN BE A GAME CHANGER

You can use it defensively AND OFFENSIVELY!
Defensively you can save your teammates by pushing away the enemies and healing your allies! Save em from ganks/ save em from bad confrontations/ SAVE ALL THE THINGS
Offensively you can push an enemey into your tower/team/ALL THE THINGS

Well that is all for me o-o;