Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ciderhelm's impressions on Darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AntiSkillshot

05-27-2012

Quote:
Methelod:
So he's saying that a champion isn't fun because he has counter play, but dominates when he gets fed? I don't care if he's a tutor, his opinion is one I strongly disagree with. No, it's not fun when you get counterplayed, but saying that he is bad for the game because he has counter play is like saying we need to remove rock because it beats scissors but is beaten by paper.

Yes, Darius is a bit strong at the moment, but I'm thinking that this is partially because players are unused to him and don't know how to deal with him. I imagine the same thing would happen if Shaco or Singed were released. Or anyone else who operates in a way that most players are use to, but is different then normal. He may or may not need nerfs, but he definitely doesn't need to be changed for the reasons the person in the video said. (Hell, the video seemed like the enemy team was beaten and Darius was there helping. Not a sign of OPness, just a sign that the team in the video bested the other one.)

So while he, and yourself are entitled to your opinions, I feel the opinions listed in the video are wrong.

Please read the description. His saying he's toxic as in taking kills. One of the ways to avoid this is to make it where the CD is lowered if you get the kill, not totally off CD.

Momento Morì

05-27-2012

Ciderhelm should go back to making ****ty tanking guides for WoW...

Ciderhelm's argument here is a very dangerous and rather ridiculous one. Beyond the complaint about the ultimate, his argument is essentially that champions with obvious strengths and weaknesses are bad design.

I shouldn't have to explain why that's ridiculous.

NecroticBinder

05-27-2012

Quote:
Mipesuves:
Please read the description. His saying he's toxic are in taking kills. One of the ways to avoid this is to make it where the CD is lowered if you get the kill, not totally off CD.

I did, and what do you do about the other champions have the same basic idea? Is yi toxic because he gets kills with highlander and then ALL of his skills are off CD? How about Katarina? Is she toxic because of her passive?

Darius has a specific niche within the game, similar to that of Garens, except that Darius has to focus on his target to actually get his ultimate to work.

So once again, he's not toxic to the game. (At least not as badly as the video maker and yourself are trying to claim.)

N8dGR8

05-27-2012

What's wrong with bronze? I think it's pretty hard to get to judging by how 75% of other ranked players are lower than 1200

MaruFrozen

05-27-2012

I haven't seen a good allied darius yet, but I've only played a couple of normals since the patch. I've played a ton of co op vs ai with him and I think he'd be easily countered by a high harass top laner or a high sustain top lane.

Yeasters

05-27-2012

Quote:
PorpoiseAlert:
Yeahhhh... you have no idea who he is.

Edit: Since you updated, I will update as well.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20471597#stats

You have no ranked games played as Darius. At all.

Porpoise, me not having Ranked game against Darius doesn't mean I haven't played against him or him on my team to see the champion enough for me to deem is this broken,

I have 2 other accounts whom btw, are also higher than everyone whom has posted in this thread and I can honestly say he hasn't been banned once and everyone whom has picked him has fed on my team and they've never won with him on the enemy team if a champion is so bad i'm like "zzz why you pick that ****" i'm pretty sure he isn't op.

I'd prefer a Jarvan top lane, not going to lie.

Sansa T Stark

05-27-2012

Quote:
Srey:
Ciderhelm doesn't play ranked and is talking out of his ass. Did you even see his build? Yeah, no.

It's him pointing out that with a tanky build he can still do excellent.

JohnnyHT

05-27-2012

Quote:
Methelod:
I did, and what do you do about the other champions have the same basic idea? Is yi toxic because he gets kills with highlander and then ALL of his skills are off CD? How about Katarina? Is she toxic because of her passive?

Darius has a specific niche within the game, similar to that of Garens, except that Darius has to focus on his target to actually get his ultimate to work.

So once again, he's not toxic to the game. (At least not as badly as the video maker and yourself are trying to claim.)

Because all of those are true damage executes.

PorpoiseAlert

05-27-2012

Quote:
Shakey Mcgee:
Porpoise, me not having Ranked game against Darius doesn't mean I haven't played against him or him on my team to see the champion enough for me to deem is this broken,

I have 2 other accounts whom btw, are also higher than everyone whom has posted in this thread and I can honestly say he hasn't been banned once and everyone whom has picked him has fed on my team and they've never won with him on the enemy team if a champion is so bad i'm like "zzz why you pick that ****" i'm pretty sure he isn't op.

I'd prefer a Jarvan top lane, not going to lie.

"And seeing how this game is a game of "knowledge" i'm pretty sure he doesn't know the mechanics better than me, thanks."

See, the problem here is that you're claiming to be an expert on a character that you have never played, and then calling everyone who has played the champion ignorant. So you're plat. Who cares?

I could be a racecar driver who has never parallel parked; I wouldn't go around telling normal people who parallel park all the time that they're stupid and obviously I know more about it than they do, despite having never done it.

NecroticBinder

05-27-2012

Quote:
VaynesHatred:
It's him pointing out that with a tanky build he can still do excellent.

So, tanky DPS are a new concept? Why wasn't I informed?! I could have shown the world a while ago, wait a second... no. Tanky DPS, sadly, seems to be the meta that Riot is moving towards. But now then Darius has to build a bit tanky, or if the enemy team is smart they will obliterate him before he can do anything. He lacks a good closer, his e is somewhat useful but overall if you play smart kiting him is very easy to do. He is similar to Sion in that when he gets on you, yes, he is going to hurt. A lot. Unlike Sion though, he does more damage when he gets there and sticks, at the cost of not having as good of CC.