Ciderhelm's impressions on Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Justus Dominus

05-27-2012

Ciderhelm is a master theory crafter... but that's about it.

Gorbie Jr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2012

Lots of gold badges getting butt hurt in here.

MrBoomstickESQ

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notuntilfour View Post
He's not OP at all

In lane he loses to heavy sustain or heavy engage
Cider doesn't say he's OP'd. He says that he's a terribly designed champion.

Fracture Eon

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srey View Post
Ciderhelm doesn't play ranked and is talking out of his ass. Did you even see his build? Yeah, no.
The only difference between ranked and normal draft is that you can see your ELO.

AntiSkillshot

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtscaptain View Post
Yup.

Alasdaire

05-27-2012

Ciderhelm runs about 1600 ELO at the moment. He's not a godly player, and doesn't claim to be. He, however, has proven back in his WoW days and continuing in League to be an amazing theorycrafter.

I think Darius is a little strong right now. Not game breakingly so, but to a frustrating extent. I do, however, disagree with the severity of his judgement on Darius. I think Darius is quite a bit stronger than most solo top AD bruiser duelists, but is delightfully vulnerable to stuns, snares, and ganks.

-EDIT-

Got the ELO wrong, he is at about 1200. Thanks to the first responder for correcting me, although it seems he's made his post an incredible crusade to defend his hurt butt.

Alasdaire

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtscaptain View Post
They don't want to see their new plaything taken away!

PorpoiseAlert

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrxshn View Post
How to Gain Some Elo, Don't Ban Darius, Let the typical Idiotic FP pick Darius, Counter pick with Swain, Profit.

P.S - Ciderhelm is a Bronze Player, Listening to him is almost like following Mobafire Guides.
How To Type a Sentence, Don't capitalize Random Words just Because.

P.S., Most Rioters are Bronze or Silver. We shouldn't do what they suggest either, right?

Manetceros

05-27-2012

Dear people saying he's not OP because of Swain, that's like saying release Graves wasn't OP because Rammus could 1v1 him.

Methelod

05-27-2012

So he's saying that a champion isn't fun because he has counter play, but dominates when he gets fed? I don't care if he's a tutor, his opinion is one I strongly disagree with. No, it's not fun when you get counterplayed, but saying that he is bad for the game because he has counter play is like saying we need to remove rock because it beats scissors but is beaten by paper.

Yes, Darius is a bit strong at the moment, but I'm thinking that this is partially because players are unused to him and don't know how to deal with him. I imagine the same thing would happen if Shaco or Singed were released. Or anyone else who operates in a way that most players are use to, but is different then normal. He may or may not need nerfs, but he definitely doesn't need to be changed for the reasons the person in the video said. (Hell, the video seemed like the enemy team was beaten and Darius was there helping. Not a sign of OPness, just a sign that the team in the video bested the other one.)

So while he, and yourself are entitled to your opinions, I feel the opinions listed in the video are wrong.