Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Athene's Unholy Grail who can build it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meserion

05-29-2012

champions that have great synergy with Athene's Unholy Grail:

-Anivia
-Viktor (shocking yes?)
-Veigar
-Lux,
-Brand
-Gaileo
-Heimerdinger
-Swain
-basically any mage that frequently has mana issues but can get kills

DDORFER

05-29-2012

Its great, because it gives you both, Defensive and Offensive stats so it can really be used on any mage champion who needs mana. But there are some champions wich scale better with this item than others (Galio because of the mr, Anivia for the large mana pool/reg)

sinbad69

05-29-2012

this needs to be removed, it is simply too strong

Nureru

05-29-2012

I've been really enjoying it on Lux, makes it really easy for me to hit that lovely 40% cdr without getting ionian boots.

Raxxlor

05-29-2012

it's increadible, and it has a great build path.

Chalice is an exceptional early game item, only not used often due to no upgrade.

Every champ who uses ap/mana can use this.

Adding to the list

Sion

Enigma Blade

05-29-2012

Veigar uses the chalice very well, his passive intensifies the effect and throw in the ability power and cooldown reduction and you have created a nuke that can keep obliterating the enemy without having to pull out anytime soon.

MeltedWater

05-30-2012

I build it on Fiddlesticks, and I think it could wok on Alistar which I also play a lot, I know that sounds weird but he can keep CCing all through team fights (and laning phase).

Fiddlesticks will never have mana problems again with this, though, and luckily for me, most people I play against don't use it because they must not know about it yet. My advantage! :P

IamSofaKingBad

05-30-2012

Zilean uses it.

Carpe Vinum

05-30-2012

Kassadin loves this thing.

cpudemon

05-30-2012

Quote:
sinbad69:
this needs to be removed, it is simply too strong

While I agree it's very strong, it doesn't need to be removed...but maybe tweak it a bit? It's got lots of AP, mana sustain, MR, and CDR and for 2500. When Atma's did too much the response was they nerfed it to 1.5%, however I do agree that with Atma's it could scale out of control whereas this item has flat AP. However it has a lot of stats and does a little bit too much for mages at the cost of really losing nothing.