Who counters riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaesmicEnzyme

05-27-2012

I've tried a lot of different Strategies, but Riven always seems to dominate her lane sooner or later, and snowball out of control into teamfights. Is anyone Positive on a way to counter her? It could be my inexperience talking, but i've yet to find a way =/

upwn

05-27-2012

Teemo reporting for duty!

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2012

I'd go with Corki. Riven, like a lot of other CD champs, don't have a real approach skill. Good luck trying to catch up to Valkyrie and survive Corki's barrage, not to mention that he can blind you if you're up close.

Etherimp

05-27-2012

Garen, Teemo, Jax, Udyr, Kennen. I can imagine Cho'gath doing well against her, as well. Anyone who can shut down her combo, outdamage her, or harass her from range.

Crazy Crann

05-27-2012

I would add Warwick, Sion, and Mundo, if the players are of equal skill level.

CrimsonV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

ive found that ww and cho are good counters, ww will just outsustain her with bite and cho can just cc her with silence or popup when she tries to get too close

xExclusive

05-28-2012

Olaf easily counters riven.

Cenerae

05-29-2012

Hardest matchup I've had with Riven is Renekton. As soon as he gets to level 2, you get stomped in trades, and his mobility is equal to yours so you can't really abuse yours to stay safe like you could against other hard matchups.

Short of jungle ganks tipping the lane in your favor (or a really bad renekton), the matchup is really brutal for Riven.

acosn

05-29-2012

anyone with competent sustain.

arcticnerd

05-30-2012

Riven is countered by game play more than what character you pick. She is very strong during the early game but really requires a fair number of kills to transition well to the mid game. Simply stay back and safely farm you lane while avoiding fighting with her. Wait for her to push the lane and then freeze it near you tower. If you do it right you can last hit safely for 2 to 3 waves of minions. Most top lane champions will be able to squash her once they build up some items assuming they have an equal amount of farm.