Soraka mid?????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Belthound

05-26-2012

So i had a panth feed top hard and a soraka mid. THe guy kept claiming it was cool. I tried to tell him soraka = no dmg mid to late and we need a real ap carry. He says no no no.

Am I nuts? I have never seen anyone but an occassional normals play soraka mid. So frustrating.

martini0072

05-26-2012

its so legit. and starcall does insane damage and heals for insane damage and silences for insane damage. im afraid

lastchancexi

05-26-2012

It's been run a bunch, and it's not a top tier AP carry, but it works fairly well at the highest level, so it should work.

She has a long range silence and huge amounts of MR as well as good utility in teamfights. More viable than Malz, Katarina, Heimerdinger, IMO.

It's just that you'd rather pick her as support most of the time because there are so many fewer viable supports.

Sethliopod

05-27-2012

It works a lot better if Soraka knows before locking in spells, masteries & runes, that Morgana wants to go bot.

Pouring out damage is so painful with a gold/sec set up.

acosn

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
So i had a panth feed top hard and a soraka mid. THe guy kept claiming it was cool. I tried to tell him soraka = no dmg mid to late and we need a real ap carry. He says no no no.

Am I nuts? I have never seen anyone but an occassional normals play soraka mid. So frustrating.
Between a manaless silence, a massive passive MR boost for early game, and an AOE magic resist cutter Soraka's one of the strongest anti-mages in the game, and she's got sustain to boot.

She's not as good as she used to be because the ugly consequence of the nerf to her E is that while it was meant to weaken her support role, it slammed her solo role, but she's by no means bad. A properly geared AP soraka is terrifying.

Ebonclaw

05-27-2012

In the grand scheme of things, mid Soraka only really has 2 things going for her:

1) Shut down most AP mids farming. Shutting out the enemy mid is almost as good as killing them, and very reliably ruining their farm is better than 'maybe' killing them. You are gaining team benefit through what you take away from the other team.

2) Get to 6 quick, have a global Heal ult to save your team's bacon.

Beyond that, she does -nothing- that a competent support Soraka can't provide to the team. So basically he's trolling. He's trolling the enemy, but it's still trolling.

GG at 420

11-05-2012

lol i was in a lvl 30 match last month and our soraka mid made their leblanc rage quit. and i mean....rage quit..best thing ive ever seen

LokiMogor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

AP Soraka mid is very legit

Federerhys

06-29-2013

I would main soraka mid in ranked as I win in normals insanely with her, but they don't want me to so I've got to keep the team happy

Geekyboi

10-03-2013

Soraka has so much damage if you think about how much is being dealt out to the entire team as bulk mr piercing damage. I wish they had a dps tracker for lol like they do in wow haha. I'd like to see the numbers besides on a endgame score that doesn't show what damage you were doing at any particular part of the game. That is all. Also role queuing would be nice too.. on a side note.