Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Make a australian server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sharoch

05-26-2012

Ok this is the last straw..

If its not games VSing players with 12 ping its games where your whole team is trolling (F#*&&^% USA players)

RIOT make a AUS server please... Or make the game fair for other players...

SeanTheKiwi

05-27-2012

Thought process: Insult an entire nation, demand server... Don't think so pal lol.

AU Freo

05-27-2012

Well, you could've said it a little nicer, but I totally agree. We Australians do exist and we are a first world country too. We seem to be left out of everything, hardly anyone caters for us. We essentially have to put up with the worst connection for every game we play. It'd be nice to finally play this game with another Aussie or at least some Kiwi's as well. No racism intended, but i'm getting pretty tired of playing Spanish people, etc. They don't understand English to well, sarcasm or any sort of local humour. Always seem to end up in fights or arguments...

Fat Mchugelarge

05-27-2012

Quote:
EnragedArts:
Well, you could've said it a little nicer, but I totally agree. We Australians do exist and we are a first world country too. We seem to be left out of everything, hardly anyone caters for us. We essentially have to put up with the worst connection for every game we play. It'd be nice to finally play this game with another Aussie or at least some Kiwi's as well. No racism intended, but i'm getting pretty tired of playing Spanish people, etc. They don't understand English to well, sarcasm or any sort of local humour. Always seem to end up in fights or arguments...

No offensive, but I'm an American, and I don't understand your humor or or slang either. I still can't understand some of the stuff one of my RL Aussie friend says.

And when you say Spanish people, I do hope you're talking about people from Spain and not my Mexican amigos, because they is a difference. Either learn Español or use pings; the NA server isn't an English server. It's that simple.

AU Freo

05-27-2012

Quote:
Fat Mchugelarge:
No offensive, but I'm an American, and I don't understand your humor or or slang either. I still can't understand some of the stuff one of my RL Aussie friend says.

And when you say Spanish people, I do hope you're talking about people from Spain and not my Mexican amigos, because they is a difference. Either learn Español or use pings; the NA server isn't an English server. It's that simple.

NA is North America. As far as I'm aware that's an area where the English language is native..?

SeanTheKiwi

05-27-2012

Quote:
EnragedArts:
NA is North America. As far as I'm aware that's an area where the English language is native..?

I don't mean to be rude but you do know what North America is right? It's an entire continent encompassing the entirety of the U.S, Canada, Greenland, Mexico, the Caribbean and other off shore islands and territories. To think English is it's native language boggles my mind. I could understand if by "native" you meant "primarily speaking English" but even then it'd be a stretch. Even if you thought North America was the United States there's hundreds of indigenous languages still spoken today that were around long before English came along.. Didn't mean to make this wall of text into a lecture but I'm from New Zealand and part of me thinks since you're Australian, I've got to show my American pals that not all of Oceania feels this way.

TL;DR?
No.

And with all due respect to people who choose not to speak English in chat, continue to do as you do. That's what the pings are for lol. Hope I don't offend anybody by taking umbrage.

InfinityDread

Recruiter

05-27-2012

The OP does not represent australia very well, allow me to translate :

"Ok this is the last straw.."
I am at my wits end fellow summoners...

"If its not games VSing players with 12 ping its games where your whole team is trolling (F#*&&^% USA players)"
It seems that I am incredibly unlucky in matchmaking and seem to be matched with higher levels of unsavoury induviduals against people living much closer to the servers than I

"RIOT make a AUS server please... Or make the game fair for other players..."
I implore riot to please create an australian server so that we may romp around with our fellow chums away from said unsavoury induviduals to our hearts content

Hope that helps - Although if I was trolling I would have opened with G'Day and included way more vegemite references

P.s. I'm in melbourne (AUS) and my average ping is about 200 which still allows decent gameplay although i will admit ali - headbutt pulverise combo is very hard to get right.

P.P.S. I do not know the actual number of summoners playing down here in australia but i imagine it is not enough to warrant a completely new server system.

Normanator

05-28-2012

An Aus or Australasia Server would be nice

J of Hearts

05-28-2012

Quote:
SeanTheKiwi:
Thought process: Insult an entire nation, demand server... Don't think so pal lol.

How was that "insulting an entire nation" lol? He simply implied only half of this LOL community. To be honest, LOL is a great game, but has quite a bad community (especially US players). Though afkers and ragers can't be avoided in any game, it would be nice to experience low ping for once. I'm not an Australian but I live in Melbourne and I'm supportive of his request.

KozmicHD

05-28-2012

Yeah, as a Queenslander the ping ranges from 180-220 and it really isn't too bad, although an Aussie server would be great! It really is annoying when your whole team has 200-300 ping and the enemy US team is rocking 10-50 ping.