How can i make league of legends run faster?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LilYakuza

05-26-2012

My Computer

Pentium 4 3ghz
1gb of ram
geforce 8400 gs graphics card with 1gb of dedicated ram
320gb of storage

i get about 21fps but i have random and pretty long fps drops which is really annoying. when i start a match i freeze so i have to quit the client and rejoin which gets me behind every time. is there anyway of making my computer faster?

DrBUckEN

06-11-2012

It's your processor...

ElfeNS0uL

06-11-2012

Lower you resolution and graphical settings , set the fps limiter to "benchmark" , close any programs that you may have in the background , instal game booster and run it before playing , buy a new processor and ram , and yes graphic card also xD

Lord Seacow

06-11-2012

Actually the processor meets the recommended system requirements. More RAM is generally the cheapest and most efficient way to improve performance. Either way you can compare your computer to the official system requirements to see for yourself.

More immediately I would suggest lowering your graphics settings further if you can to get improved performance.

BlobPower

06-11-2012

The Ghz number relates to current CPU speeds, not that Pentium 4 netburst ****. Your 3 Ghz Pentium 4 is as fast as a 2 Ghz Pentium 3 would be. After the pentium 3, there was the pentium m, then the core cpus and then the rest as you might know it, and everytime there were speed improvements above just adding more Ghz and cores.

Oh, and i think it's a single core, while riot most likely meant something like: dual core with 3 Ghz(core 2 duo and up)

PS: The game needs up to 1 GB RAM for the game itself, while the client and windows stuff is running in the background. With around 1.5 - 2 GB RAM you have enough RAM to get smooth gameplay, 1 GB is not enough.

equalsign

06-11-2012

Get more RAM, turn off shadows. I run LoL with almost twice your FPS on the lowest settings (in 1600x900) with a 1.83GHZ processor. Although, mine is Core 2 Duo.

I used to have 1GB of RAM. When I upped it to 4GB (with 3GB usable), I started getting 5-10 fps better.

Aelethil

06-11-2012

From the look of what you said, Only 1GB of RAM?

Time to upgrade your RAM mate.

For now turn your shadows off and your qualities to medium to keep at a stable 35-40 FPS

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

06-12-2012

While you meet the minimum requirements, minimum requirements cover the bare minimum hardware needed to get the game to run. In order to get playable performance you should be at least at the recommended requirements which you don't currently have.

You can try running through this guide, http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...-improving-fps but most likely you'd need to upgrade your hardware.

Savior Gabe

06-12-2012

thanks everybody. i lowered my game graphics to low-medium and now im getting an average of 35-45 fps

Zerker11

06-24-2012

I am having kinda the same problem. My sttings are as low as it will go. My fps at max is usually 16 if im lucky but usually it stays around 7. I amm playing on a netbook but it doesnt do any better on my computer. What really messed me up was the draven patch. The game is almoelst unplayable. Qny suggestions? Thankyou.