Anyone Interested in a NEW map!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonnFirinne

05-28-2012

Ask people to make it look nice for you. I know there are people on here with some level of artistic skill. The basic layout is more important though. Then the community can start discussing what is good or bad about it.

Kyage

05-28-2012

The problem with a new map is balancing it for the champions. Each new champion added is balanced for a particular role or roles (more or less), so you're already tweaking them for the twenty plus champions in that lane. Can you imagine balancing every single champion to a new map, and then against each other?

Look at Dominion, that is essentially a "new map." Remember how it was on release? It still has balance issues, and since Summoner's Rift has the competitive scene, champion balance will always take precedence on there over a new map.

I would be very surprised and impressed if Riot could release a new moba-style map that was different from Summoner's Rift, didn't interfere with the competitive scene, utilized all the champions (versus Nasus on Dominion), and was above all; fun.

KnightxSScarlett

05-28-2012

Instead of trying to make all champions excel at all maps, just focus on having certain champions excel at certain maps. I would be perfectly fine with it if I only ever saw a champ on dominion because they were balanced for dominion. If you make champs viable only on certain maps, then players will play those champs on those maps. It's a way to get all maps played instead of just SR.

DukeGod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyage View Post
The problem with a new map is balancing it for the champions. Each new champion added is balanced for a particular role or roles (more or less), so you're already tweaking them for the twenty plus champions in that lane. Can you imagine balancing every single champion to a new map, and then against each other?

Look at Dominion, that is essentially a "new map." Remember how it was on release? It still has balance issues, and since Summoner's Rift has the competitive scene, champion balance will always take precedence on there over a new map.

I would be very surprised and impressed if Riot could release a new moba-style map that was different from Summoner's Rift, didn't interfere with the competitive scene, utilized all the champions (versus Nasus on Dominion), and was above all; fun.
There is something that would possibly be a lot more hard to pull off but possibly pay-off

Make the champions work differently on different maps. They can have different stats, scalings, their abilities can work differently, or they might actually get entirely different abilities, that way you could balance them for both

Lore-wise it might just be Summoners messing with the restrictions on champion's power depending on the what of the Fields of Justice they're in

Lengone

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
There is something that would possibly be a lot more hard to pull off but possibly pay-off

Make the champions work differently on different maps. They can have different stats, scalings, their abilities can work differently, or they might actually get entirely different abilities, that way you could balance them for both

Lore-wise it might just be Summoners messing with the restrictions on champion's power depending on the what of the Fields of Justice they're in
Riot has stated that this is not their plan or intention. I like this idea. More than one viable balanced game mode would be great however making new champs for a map or making an X map version of a champ would be like making an entirely new game.

A few minor tweaks and continued attention and balance for the non main maps (yes we have three :P) already developed is what I would like to see. People where calling for this when Dominion was announced. They said "we don't need another TT" and Riot assured us that would not happen. But it has.

TLDR: @Riot we want new maps that are balanced and maintained. New maps are great but not if the execution is what we have seen before.

Sorry about rant.

Xriss Undertowe

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinatoor View Post
How about 5, 1 person lanes?
I think this a great idea or even 4 lanes and a more involve jungle!

McDerp

05-28-2012

The community isn't making a large enough buzz for RIOT to take notice just yet. They won't risk investing time and money to make something nobody wants. Basic supply-demand stuff. No buyers for product=no product creation. 2 pages and 400 views isn't even 0.001% of the buzz needed.

FG5 Bdog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

6v6, 2 lanes, 2 junglers, 2 to each lane. Would be really exciting and fast paced.

DonnFirinne

05-28-2012

As far as making champs have different kits on different maps, the answer will always be no. This would essentially be making a completely new champ to balance, then when you have everything worked out, slapping a pre-existing champ's model and lore on it. Just no. It may sound cool, but no.

We as a community have to accept that SR is going to be the only competition space, at least for a long long time. It would be very difficult to balance another map around the same champions. Doing so would require an almost entirely separate set of items (more drastic than the difference in Dominion) and tweaking of the map until it is fair. Even if that ever happened (don't hold your breath) new champs would have to be examined in both maps for fairness, and that could get very tricky.

All this being said, none of what I have said means we can't have new maps. They won't be fine tuned for balance, and they won't get the same attention as SR, but they can be a fun and unique play experience, and I am all for it. But because, as was mentioned, the community is not talking about this enough, those of us who have the vision need to do some work. If we get enough chatter, maybe we can get our own sub-forum for map concepts.

Jocosus

05-29-2012

What about a King of The Hill type map? or maybe capture the flag? its possible, i dont see why it wouldnt be.

KotH: There is a tower in the center of the map(like the dominion towers) and one team must hold that tower for a duration of time, or amount of points. (so kinda like dominion, but more action)

CTF: There are two teams, and they each have a flag located just out side there base.(middle lane perhaps? or maybe dont have any lanes, just an open battle field.) And each team must have a summoner, or minion, grab the enemy flag and return it to base.

There is a large number of things Riot can do, i dont see why it has to be strictly a "Lane" based game. It would get many more players if they made the game more wide spanned.