One Tier List to rule them all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jremmons

07-07-2012

hi Sauron, since you seem to be one of the "authorities" on Dominion and also play bottom lane a lot, I wondered if you could possibly answer a question I have: I'm a pretty new player, lvl 11 and this as my first MOBA, and I'm trying to learn to play bottom lane well. I've been using Ryze but I don't do very well with him when going bottom. I was wondering if you could suggest anyone who can be used to learn how to play bottom lane well for a new player? champs I was considering are Jax, Soraka, Malzahar, Morgana but I'd gladly take any recommendation whatsoever.

MMKH

07-07-2012

I wonder where Jayce will go on the list lol.

Sauron

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jremmons View Post
hi Sauron, since you seem to be one of the "authorities" on Dominion and also play bottom lane a lot, I wondered if you could possibly answer a question I have: I'm a pretty new player, lvl 11 and this as my first MOBA, and I'm trying to learn to play bottom lane well. I've been using Ryze but I don't do very well with him when going bottom. I was wondering if you could suggest anyone who can be used to learn how to play bottom lane well for a new player? champs I was considering are Jax, Soraka, Malzahar, Morgana but I'd gladly take any recommendation whatsoever.
Yorick, Soraka, Jax, Nunu, and Singed are all straightforward bottom laners that are easy to pick up and learn. Yorick will be the most dependent on runes out of those, with Nunu the least.

ArlanKels

07-07-2012

What champions, top, outside of the Cheesecake and Tier1/2 listings would be the ones that do the highest possible damage reliably?

Also do you personally recommend any champions outside of Tier1/2 as "potentially powerful but rarely used so nobody is sure" type champs? The sleepers and all that.

jremmons

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Yorick, Soraka, Jax, Nunu, and Singed are all straightforward bottom laners that are easy to pick up and learn. Yorick will be the most dependent on runes out of those, with Nunu the least.
Very much appreciated, I've chosen Jax and Soraka as they fit the two playstyles I like best (MDPS, mage pusher). I've got a pretty good generic build order set up for Jax, but for Soraka I'm somewhat lost; not a lot of people seem to play her so I've not been able to find a ton of match histories to try and piece together a good build order.
I'm thinking something like Prospector's Ring/Boots/Pots --> Frozen Heart & Ionian --> Rylai's --> Abyssal Scepter is a pretty generic order that seems decent. But I really don't know. Something like Catalyst --> WotA & Merc Treads--> FH & Rylai's also looks like it could work.Thanks a lot and sorry to keep asking questions!

Sauron

07-08-2012

Catalyst on Soraka is the way to go. She's an attrition pusher, and the early regen allows her to camp brush and pop in and out to Q without revealing which gives you a lot of free harass against enemies that don't have skillshots. Spell vamp is very good on her, since she does so much damage over time even if she's hit with the 66% SV penalty of multi-target spells. You're right in getting FH early, as she needs the CDR and damage reduction to win out in sustained fights.

Focus on getting tanky with CDR and spell vamp and then try to zone the enemy laner using Q to push at the same time. Merc Treads can be very helpful in keeping up with a kiting enemy. Ultimately when you get to near level 30 you'll want 9-21-0 masteries which will help close the gap to the 40% CDR cap with just FH and glyphs, and thus make Mercs a flat-out better choice than Ionian.

My Dominion guide has a champion section with sample builds to get people started quickly on champs they've never played, so if you feel like giving others a random shot it could help: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698

Tortferngatr

07-08-2012

Alright. Think you can summarize the Jayce Patch changes as you see them right now?

Sauron

07-08-2012

Nope. My Internet has been terrible and the few games I've played on the Jayce patch have been full of disconnects. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be fixed.

Kohelet

07-10-2012

Is it likely that a champ like Karthus who got the longer CD will be somewhat lower on the list?

I was thinking about purchasing him, but I don't want to pick someone frustratingly bad or UP in Dominion to play.

I mean at max rank is Ult is on CD 1/3 longer (not including CDR calcs) with no compensation.

DiscworldDeath

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohelet View Post
I mean at max rank is Ult is on CD 1/3 longer (not including CDR calcs) with no compensation.
Yes, that's why it's called a nerf and not a rebalance