One Tier List to rule them all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

her e range is only 650. the last time I played one bot was on ahri and I never really felt very disadvantaged range wise.

Talon Silverwing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

I noticed that you have Fiora as a tier 2 top laner compared to Yi and Tryn who are tier 4. What makes her better than Yi and Tryn and how are people building her in high ELO matches?

Glumduk

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Silverwing View Post
I noticed that you have Fiora as a tier 2 top laner compared to Yi and Tryn who are tier 4. What makes her better than Yi and Tryn and how are people building her in high ELO matches?
Fiora is sticky and hard to get away from, almost all of her abilities scale on AD, and her ult is pretty amazing. Most of the builds I've seen from her are pretty typical AD builds... some are a little more tanky than others.

Sauron

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Silverwing View Post
The chief differences between Fiora and those two is that Fiora can Q twice and her ult allows her to escape focus and incoming projectiles when she pulls it in a team fight. Trynd can do this but doesn't suddenly become a threat when about to pull his ult, unless it is a 1v1. If Yi is AD he often gets screwed with his ult when he gets assists instead of kills. If Yi is AP his poke can be damaging but can't commit terribly well and can't deal with focus.

Fiora does have a useless passive, but its her ult making her untargettable and popping projectiles that puts her ahead in team fights. She has a stronger early game in top lane than the other two, and if you build tons of life steal her ult can not only escape focus but heal a considerable amount back as well.

Also, Devona > Talon.

NotoriousPIG

06-03-2012

How would you properly build Urgot? Runes as masteries as well?

Sauron

06-03-2012

Some people build Urgot with Tear->Manamune but I do not. This is how I build him:

21-9-0, standard arpen/health or armor/cdr or mr runepage.

My item build is actually the same as my Jax build, which I can just copy and paste from an older thread,

1) Boots+Prospector's.
2) Brutalizer.
3) Phage and upgrade boots.
4) Sheen, vamp, or armor/MR depending on how well you're doing.
5) Complete Trinity if Sheen, EC if life steal, Sanguine if life steal but suddenly did well, Atma's if armor or QSS if MR is suddenly needed.
6) Upgrade to Ghostblade if still doing well or Atma's if not.
7) Complete remainder items and sell Prospector's if you need room.

NotoriousPIG

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Some people build Urgot with Tear->Manamune but I do not. This is how I build him:

21-9-0, standard arpen/health or armor/cdr or mr runepage.

My item build is actually the same as my Jax build, which I can just copy and paste from an older thread,

1) Boots+Prospector's.
2) Brutalizer.
3) Phage and upgrade boots.
4) Sheen, vamp, or armor/MR depending on how well you're doing.
5) Complete Trinity if Sheen, EC if life steal, Sanguine if life steal but suddenly did well, Atma's if armor or QSS if MR is suddenly needed.
6) Upgrade to Ghostblade if still doing well or Atma's if not.
7) Complete remainder items and sell Prospector's if you need room.
Thanks!!
Also, I was reading your "random dominion guide" and you build atma's on yorick?

Sauron

06-04-2012

Yup, pretty much the same build though I prefer Sanguine over EC on him due to his Q not being able to life steal or crit (at least this was happening last time I checked).

Regory

06-04-2012

Acid Hunter neither lifesteals nor crits. It also doesn't increment Sanguine Blade's passive boost though, so honestly I don't like it very much either because SB is nowhere near worth its price if you don't keep its stacks up. While Urgot can be quite tanky and incidentally autoattack people who come close enough to hit, it's probably bad policy to actively get in the face of someone like Jax or Wukong to do it and you'll lose your stacks if you're lock-on shooting from long range. Honestly if you want lifesteal on him that bad, you might as well build a Gunblade. >_> You might think that's ridiculous but spell vamp is insanely broken on him and hey, the AP doesn't go to complete waste since his shield does have a rather high ratio. It still has a modest amount of AD and lifesteal. If that's too outlandish for you, Bilgewater Cutlass is better than EC as a mid-tier lifesteal option if nothing else or hell, just sit on Vamp all game and ignore upgrading it unless the game goes long enough for a full six-item build.

Or I'm confused and you're talking about Yorick, in which case whoops my bad. -_- Omen of War should apply both crit and lifesteal unless it's bugged, though crit will only apply to the autoattack portion of damage and not the ability damage.

As far as my previous posts are concerned, I don't really care about the rest and think what you will of me but please do not tell me my objective, factual statements are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Except that it does work for video games. It actually works better for video games than it does for anything else save board games, as they are state-driven and the paths can be predicted. You obviously have not seen a good Lulu play. Kiting is her game, and she outranges and outharasses practically everyone.
Lulu tags someone with E and then hits her Q. She deals 540 damage, less the target's MR plus whatever piddly AP you have building tanky CDR. Her spells are now on a 10-second and 7-second cooldown, less your CDR (up to 40%).

This is a simple fact. To deny it is to be wrong. Once you get to the skill level of not constantly whiffing Glitterlance (which is pretty low), being a better player doesn't make her deal more than 540 damage + AP - MR. This is slightly more damage than what Janna will do (assuming you don't routinely land full-charge tornadoes) but it's still near bottom of the barrel amongst AP casters as a whole.

If you want to argue that their relative damage output matters, sure, go ahead. I simply disagree. Neither Janna nor Lulu are designed to be a primary damage dealer and while Lulu might do more, I don't think the distinction between "garbage" and "garbage +1" is important. Same thing on those other matters: their different methods of CC, Wild Growth vs. Tailwind, what have you. If this is where Lulu gets the edge in your (and the majority's) opinion, then we can simply agree to disagree.

What you can't do is argue that Lulu is better because she deals "obscene damage." Literally. It is just objectively true that Lulu deals poor damage. There's no argument to make. She has only two damaging spells. Their base damages and cooldowns are average at best (being generous). And were you to build her for damage, which is generally not the case, her scaling is horrible. She kites great, she pokes well, she has utility coming out of her ass... but she's not scoring sick frags left and right.

Ekoyim

06-04-2012

Hey Sauron,

So I decided to play a bit more dominion after taking a long break from it and while browsing through this thread, I found that apparently AP Teemo is a fairly strong pick?

Any advice/suggestions on how to build items/runes/masteries and general tips and tricks with AP Teemo? Also, if I'm playing soloQ (my dominion elo is 1878 as of today, not great but not horrible at least), am I better off going pure ap teemo or some mix of ap/as teemo?

Thanks!