Does he?

Yes. 74 40.88%
No. 35 19.34%
I am nooblord. 72 39.78%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Does Kassadin counter Ahri?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScarletAzure

05-25-2012

Can go both ways. Kassadin wins vs most mages even if he gets ganked. It's a bit more different with Ahri though. A clever Ahri can sustain the lane and shut Kassadin down once he gets an advantage.

But 0 jungle intervention, 1v1, Kassadin might starve some cs early game but eventually he will win after getting catalyst.

GaryFrackinOak

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asellusinschool View Post
Kass counters most Mages, If the Kassadin is retarded you can beat him though, Just gotta be passive and i recommend rushing Abyssal Sceptor first.
Being passive is one of the worst things you can be vs Kassadin. Autoattack the **** out of him level 1-4 - His Q does jack all at rank 1-2, your ranged autos hurt way more. Beat the **** out of him while you can. If you did enough, he's either:

a) dumb and started with Doran's and now has to go back, or you possibly even killed him. You get a level and farm advantage.

b) smart and started boots + pots and has used most, if not, all of his, while you've only used maybe 1-2.

You DID start boots + pots, right?

I DO like the Abyssal Scepter option, though, I'll have to try that some time.

If you let him get to level 6 without any opposition, then yes, he'll kick your ass. So, don't let him get to level 6 without a fight.

JiggedyJam

Recruiter

05-25-2012

Kassadin is very weak pre-6, you need a jungler to try to get a kill early for the advantage.

Valduran

05-25-2012

Kassadin counters a bad Ahri, but is not an especially problematic lane for a good Ahri. Ahri bullies him too easy pre 6 and even post 6 she has better burst, and the travel time on his silence means its not an autowin button for him. (If a Kass tries to ult combo you, you can often combo him right back before the silence lands then kill him with your ult while his ult is on CD)

In other words, no, Kassadin does not counter Ahri. It's a somewhat even lane that is slightly in Ahri's favor due to her vastly superior pre-6 laning.

hashinshin

05-25-2012

Yes/no.

Kassadin CAN counter Ahri. The big difference here is Ahri CAN'T counter Kassadin. So ahri's spectrum is from going even to losing. Kassadin's spectrum is from going even to winning.

Nores

05-25-2012

Its kinda very hard to survive pre 6 as kass. Post 6 its still not autowin but its in kass favour.

Ahri all day

05-25-2012

Here's how it works where I'm at, which isn't very high but it's at least some perspective.

It depends more on the intelligence/reaction timing of the players.

If the Ahri has a trigger finger on her charm, Kass can't get anywhere near her or his head is gonna be served on a silver platter.

and if Kass tries to hit her with his Q before riftwalking he gets hit with Ahri's orb.

If Kass can dodge skillshots, then Ahri isn't gonna have very much mana to work with or keep her alive for very long.

Ahri can push Kass out of lane or push the lane to his tower without having to put herself in that much danger.

Kass, however, doesn't usually give two ****s about being pushed to his tower and can straight up beat her face in if she stays out of her tower range for a while.

Ahri can outrun Kass in lane, however Kass can catch up to her in the jungle/teamfights/late game.

It's kind of a give and take thing. Both champs punish stupid mistakes, so it's a stalemate until the other ****s up.

scrappycocopuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2012

Kassadin can beat most AP's pretty badly but the matchup can snowball either way because of how ridiculous Ahri's scaling is.

I'd put it as a skill matchup that Kassadin is somewhat advantaged in.

Sexy Suz

05-25-2012

maybe after level 6 kassadin can counter ahri. Oh wait actually no, since you won't even be able to farm without getting poked to death by ahri's Q, and if you trade Q's in lane. AHri will win it no prob so no kassadin does not counter ahri.