Kassadin or Malzahar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lesbian Dargon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2012

In your honest opinions who is better to get? Have on a team? etc? Im trying to figure out which champ would be better, im saving up IP to get one or the other. Im fairly new with both of those champs with only minimal experiance with both. I just wanted to know out of both of those which one in your opinion is better team wise, and how easy it is to learn either.

Dryeck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2012

Malzahar is more difficult to play well in my opinion, given how he has to combo and hit his skill shot. Kassadin is permabanned in ranked for a reason - he destroys most mid lanes, is ungankable if you position yourself well, and can burst extremely hard.

Lesbian Dargon

05-25-2012

Darn, well i'll give Malz a try this free week, and if i dont like him prolly just buy Kass

Crazy Crann

05-25-2012

Depends on your capabilities and what you like to play (and the two do not have to be mutually exclusive.)

If you enjoy almost "lurking" above the battle and have the wherewithal to spot weak (or undefended/isolated) characters -- particularly carries -- then Kassadin is the character for you. His function on teams is to leap over tanks and take the heavy-damage dealers (Ashes, Teemos, and especially AP carries like Cass or Morg) out of the fight -- through death, or heavy damage.

If you enjoy blasting enemies down, dealing massive amounts of AoE damage, and possessing a kit that allows you to burst even the heartiest tanks to zero in around four seconds, Malzahar is your man. With some ****ed impressive AP ratios and a kit that includes an AoE silence, % health leach and suppression, he can be a nasty foe.

Lesbian Dargon

05-25-2012

Hmm, alright. Honestly I'm sorta motioning towards Kass at this point, thanks for the help

Kaoelith

05-25-2012

if you have strong cc kass wins hands down otherwise malz will win since he can cc on his own to win 1v1s easily
if you have a galio or jarvan he destroys with his q and w so with those 2 champs I would pick malz over kass

darkjim543

06-01-2012

can someone plz teach me how to use kassadin
add me darkjim543

Kaoelith

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjim543 View Post
can someone plz teach me how to use kassadin
add me darkjim543
spam Q and E to harass/last hit with Q if you need to then at lvl 6 just ulti to get close to champs while doing Q and E still then ulti back out, he is really boring imo

airaze

02-28-2013

Kassadin is a mid anti-mage assassin. He is good against AD but even better against AP. Malzahar is good against both AD and AP equally.

All depends on your playstyle.
Kass is the one who never gets killed if you use him right, but also needs excellent positioning in order to get kills. He is very weak before Lvl 6 and after he is a complete beast.
He has a instalock silence, passive for mana and AP into basic attacks, a cone slow and damage which needs six charges and a constant gap closer damage tool.

Malzahar is one of those champs which benefit the team AND is a great duelist. Malzahar is also anti tank as he has percentage damage. Malzahar needs excellent positioning too, but is easier to get into position. He has a silencing wall skillshot (hard to land, which is why its fun), an AoE percentage damage tool, an instalock DoT and a suppressing DoT.

Kass benefits the team through constant burst damage however he can be extremely mana hungry. Ulting into team fights will help with your burst, but also risk yourself due to the fact that you are melee. His Q is quite nice as if can stop running opponents using Flash or their own dashes, his W is nice as the damage scales on AP and works against turrets+inhibs, his E is slightly tedious for the 6 charges, but it is nice for farming/slowing enemy runaways. His ult is the most troll. Flashing everywhere with a 5 second cooldown (despite mana cost). Easily one of the funnest ult in the game, however if you are not careful, you will screw yourself over.

Malzahar can stay a distance away while landing a silence which can silence the whole team if used at the right time. He can burst wall damage and AoE DoT Percentage health which is great against tanks. His E is best at killing runaway champs on low health. Usually I se someone low, I give them my E and I go continue what I was doing, expecting a kill (which usually comes). His ult is quite useful in many ways. His suppression can be used to kill off running opponents or even better, suppressing the enemy carry right in the middle of your team.

Overall, Kass is the mid guy who shuts down people to get extra money (or normal kills)
Malzahar is the mid guy who helps to kill anyone or get a kill himself.

I have both and I love them both, however I still prefer Malzahar, but that's due to the fact that Malzahar has the "Can't Touch This" dance AND his Voidling dances with him :P

Shrek 4

02-28-2013

kass i way better no one even plays malz in high elo