Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to Cope with an Aggressive Partner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aesaura

Recruiter

05-25-2012

I was playing Sona, supporting Varus and already at level 1 he was playing aggressively against Nunu and Miss Fortune. Every time he went in to harass at them, Nunu slowed him then MF finished him off while I constantly try to heal him and poke at them as well.

Sorry if you misread the title as someone who rages, I meant the aggressive partner who will use every chance he can get to harass them only to die :P

Khizan

05-25-2012

Take advantage of the distraction they provide and farm farm farm.:P

EDIT: More seriously, if you ask politely for them to play more conservatively and they don't, that really is your best option, imo.

KillerTeddyBear

05-25-2012

i played with a varus like that.. after the first death i told them that overly agressive would get him and me killed as i was not gonna follow again(i was soraka), that to wear them down then go for kills was best(we were against a varus and a shyvana). they came back and did the same thing.. i just moved to mid and supported there instead. maybe it was wrong but he played safer after that.

Best Luck Always =)

Quote:
Panzerfaust .... 4) 'Kill stealing' is only something inexperienced players (or selfish players) worry about. It's the same as the player who only plays a single role then gets mad when they don't have a tank or support.

This is a team game, if you are the only one on your team getting kills then you are the only one getting gold. Teamwork wins games, 1 v 5 not so much.

SlugNut

05-25-2012

Unfortunately there is not much you can do other then ask them to pull back more. You can't control them. Perhaps try hanging closer to your turret and without the misplaced feeling of security these players have from having you nearby, hopefully they will pull back.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-25-2012

Don't try to play 0cs support at lower levels/Elos; it really doesn't work. The meta is designed for players who are going to be landing 80+% of their last hits, and that's on a bad day...

Emerald Owl

05-25-2012

If you know the person is going to act aggressive, get an aggresive support like Blitz, Ali, or Leona. Otherwise, ask them not to be so aggressive, or to play passively.