Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Darius Comments

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alphabecta

05-25-2012

For all those people who think he's op, balanced or underpowered then you're wrong in general. I am not trying to say your opinion is invalid but my opinion is neither of these. People assume too often, "oh i lost lane DARIUS OP" just cause he was released on that day. It is a true statement saying that darius is not balanced, which he isnt. Right now he's far stronger than he should, but hes not OP. Tell me OP when I play riven and dive into a 5v1 and come out with a quadra.

This thread though isnt about riven, who IS OP but i love playing her still. Darius is far too strong right now but i would not call him strong enough to be op. He does need nerfs, NERFS does not mean he WAS OP sometimes. An example is rammus and irelia, both in which were a little too strong or hard to counter in which both are nerfed to the grave. Darius needs a nerf in his passive armor pen that he gets with his skills and his ulty scaling OR cooldown. He armor pen is too high and should be reduced slightyly to 15-20% as an end skill. His ulty either must lower the scaling or instead of reseting his ulty make his ulty reduce the cooldown by half instead of resetting totally.

Now this is the part I will explain why hes not OP. First of all he has no good CC. His grab is a AoE but does no damage. It also does not have the range of nautilus or blitz's grab. His slow is terrible just because you have to get close and you have no gap closer that is very good. Next is the fact that darius's base stats as a tank are bad. He has worse stats as a tank than Nautilus and overall does not have an ability to hinder or disrupt very well in team fights. His intiation using his grab is too close to the enemy team in which they can either poke him down or just kite him or burst him. He also has no ability to reduce or hinder CC of teh other team. Nautilus, Olaf and Alistar each have a specific ability to reduce, cause AoE CC or take the enemy teams CC. Overall tanky Darius is not that great and on top of that i wouldnt be seeing him as a viable competitive solo top or jungle that often.

I do play Darius, but i dont play him tanky. He is extremely strong if you build him glass cannon just liek Riven, BUT he pales in comparison to riven's power and opness. Before you call out NERF or OP please first wait a week or so to weed out the people that just wanna play him. Then think before talking about him and say whos better than Darius? About every other tanky DPS characters (Olaf, Mundo, Udyr, Nautilus, Alistar, Lee sin and etc.) or Riven are better than him. Plus other players play using online builds. For those people who call out OP and use online builds this is bad. You need to learn how to counter darius or build a GA to cancel his ulty.

Lastly i would like to point out that the only thing people are whining about Darius is his ultimate mostly. A champion is OP for just one skill. Look at Riven, her ulty gives her an extra blood thirster, plus another skill to kill anyone under 30% hp. She has a stun, she has a AD based shield that can absorb like 600-800 damage. She also has her broken wings combo that does alot of damage, plus a passive that makes her like an AP carry with a lichblane except she doesnt need to make it. Complaining about an ulty is different than calling Darius OP. It can make him unbalanced but before you call him OP look at the whole picture about him and then talk.

Overall Darius is too strong to be called balanced or be in a good spot and does need slight nerfs, but i would hardly call him OP or useful in teamfights as a tanky DPS and other champions before darius needs nerf like Riven (For Riven players I do also love playing her, but lets face it, shes too strong right now beating almost everyone except warwick and a few others).

Edit:Sorry for my grammar and the lengthyness of the things i needed to say. I have also witnessed his unbalancedness by playing him and going 12/0/2 and 5/0/5

Digressed

05-25-2012

I'm sorry I didn't finish readint his but Darius is very OP. My team which was losing btw and we still won. Went in to kill his team and they died. then here comes darius 1v5 and killed us all. He spamed his ult over and over and if you ran he grabed you then ulted. Easy penta kill. How is that fair? Should I bring up the scores I have seen with every darius i played with?

Here is my latest game. We won btw but still

Darius 34/10/10
His second best team mate? 4 kills

He is a super carry i have been seeing games like this left and right.

Alphabecta

05-25-2012

I never said he was balanced. I am saying hes too strong at the point hes at but overall hes not op cause of the usefulness of him. I have played games like taht in which i can take the team 1v4, but the utility and usefulness of him puts him down and the overall fact that other people are better than him as a tanky character. Also because of that team fight, darius does have the advantage over you guys just since you guys were probably at critical or half hp status. Look at riven before you criticize darius, but i do agree he needs to be changed, but i would never call him OP just because of his utility and overall comparision to other tanky dps. Also i play darius full AD glass cannon :P, but he does need nerfs, all im saying hes not balanced but hes not op.

Remscar

05-25-2012

It's OP when he does 1000 True damage with his ULT. And it refreshes cooldown on kill.

Alphabecta

05-25-2012

Quote:
Remscar:
It's OP when he does 1000 True damage with his ULT. And it refreshes cooldown on kill.

Have you not read the whole entire thing...

Elodin

05-25-2012

Learn how to use the enter key, then we'll talk.

corallein

05-25-2012

Big block of text.

@Digressed. It looks like you mostly play Ashe. How the heck does Darius catch you? Volley, Frost Arrows, ECA, oh he's dead before he reaches you.

My 2 cents on him:
His 1v1 ability is extremely strong. He has no sustain, but his damage seems extremely high even at low levels and is probably enough to win him the lane against many champions.
The range on his abilities and the mana costs are also pretty decent, so he does fairly well harassing as well as in sustained fights where he gets to stack up Hemorrhage.

However, if you consistently chain ablities (using QW and E at a time), Darius runs out of mana extremely quickly and has piss poor mana regen. He can also be counter-picked, unlike post-rework and pre-nerf Shen. And because he has no sustain and no escape abilities, it's very possible to outplay him.

In team fights, he's fairly squishy (even if you build him a little tanky) and melee. He can't initiate worth a ****, but he's godly at cleaning up. Honestly, he's probably a little TOO good at cleaning up, but not to the point of being OP because he is still pretty reliant on his teammates also doing lots of damage. Getting 5 stacks of Hemorrhage on the entire other team is impossible, and the average number of stacks he gets on each champion in a fight is probably around 2-2.5, from a Q AOE and one auto-attack.

In summary, yes, he's quite a strong champion. No, he's not OP.
Removing the cooldown reset on his ult would probably nerf him into unviability, actually, since that's the vast majority of his contribution in teamfights. It's not an especially short cooldown if you don't get a kill with it, and without it Darius really isn't much of a threat at all. Being able to use it only once in a fight renders him pretty useless.
All I feel he needs is a few number tweaks (slightly lowering base damage OR AD ratios, probably not both) or maybe an increasing mana cost on ult, which has been suggested by other people.

Alphabecta

05-25-2012

Quote:
Elodin:
Learn how to use the enter key, then we'll talk.

Sorry my English teacher and Science Research teacher say the same thing when i write essays.

Alphabecta

05-25-2012

Quote:
corallein:
Big block of text.

@Digressed. It looks like you mostly play Ashe. How the heck does Darius catch you? Volley, Frost Arrows, ECA, oh he's dead before he reaches you.

My 2 cents on him:
His 1v1 ability is extremely strong. He has no sustain, but his damage seems extremely high even at low levels and is probably enough to win him the lane against many champions.
The range on his abilities and the mana costs are also pretty decent, so he does fairly well harassing as well as in sustained fights where he gets to stack up Hemorrhage.

However, if you consistently chain ablities (using QW and E at a time), Darius runs out of mana extremely quickly and has piss poor mana regen. He can also be counter-picked, unlike post-rework and pre-nerf Shen. And because he has no sustain and no escape abilities, it's very possible to outplay him.

In team fights, he's fairly squishy (even if you build him a little tanky) and melee. He can't initiate worth a ****, but he's godly at cleaning up. Honestly, he's probably a little TOO good at cleaning up, but not to the point of being OP because he is still pretty reliant on his teammates also doing lots of damage. Getting 5 stacks of Hemorrhage on the entire other team is impossible, and the average number of stacks he gets on each champion in a fight is probably around 2-2.5, from a Q AOE and one auto-attack.

In summary, yes, he's quite a strong champion. No, he's not OP.
Removing the cooldown reset on his ult would probably nerf him into unviability, actually, since that's the vast majority of his contribution in teamfights. It's not an especially short cooldown if you don't get a kill with it, and without it Darius really isn't much of a threat at all. Being able to use it only once in a fight renders him pretty useless.
All I feel he needs is a few number tweaks (slightly lowering base damage OR AD ratios, probably not both) or maybe an increasing mana cost on ult, which has been suggested by other people.

Finally someone that understands...

Aznfriesf5

05-25-2012

DARIUS OP

Just kidding. Of course he isn't OP. He is really strong and can win a lane because of his early game damage, but other than that he sucks without his ulti. His skills fall off later game and he can be countered easily.