The Tribunal: The First Year

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thanoshkar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumaster View Post
This Tribunal is a key reason that solo ranked queue is the most disgusting social environment I've ever been privy to. Instead of using far more effective methods of moderating this game, they just pass it off to the mob-justice style of this failed idea.

Instead of practical fixes, like not matching people up on the same team if they are on each other's ignore lists, for one. I've now been matched up with the same troll three or four times since I've turned gold, and every game he will literally throw it by feeding people he does not like to the enemy, by sitting there and waiting till the teammate dies and then joining back into the fight.

Of course, this sort of thing will NEVER be shown by this idiotic system that DOES NOT SHOW REPLAYS. Meanwhile, innocents get their stats trashed, which promotes further trolling, often from other teammates who have seen nothing other than kill notices, and then gives others more reason to report the VICTIM of the abuse.

This kind of **** happens ALL THE TIME in this god-forsaken solo queue, and it will NEVER be stopped by such a horrible administration system such as this.

Gross injustices to innocents is PATENTED by this failed system.

Get rid of this stupid thing already.

Get something that shows REPLAYS, and have QUALIFIED people review these things. Like they do in ANY other social video game, sport or social event. This is RIDICULOUS.

I am SO **** TIRED of the disgusting abuse I see in almost EVERY SINGLE GAME.

I had a SINGLE game out of my last 50 in which there was no trolling on either side, and I note that because the other team was even amazed at this fact. All 50 solo ranked. All but 1 had raging/trolling.

I HIGHLY DOUBT this sort of stuff happens (as often) in the other queues. And this is why this Tribunal is NOT the answer for SOLO RANKED QUEUE. You need a higher level of moderation in this sort of environment.
Which leads to the question (only parcially answered by forum members): How many ppl r paid by riot to look and ban trolls? How many cases did they look this year? If the "more than 700 reviews" wasn't all that riot did, it's kinda rude not to mention the other part of the staff, that prolly (god, i hope so), looked at more than 2 cases per day so they had 700 at the end of the year. Does riot intend to expand the number of invisible workers?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

05-29-2012
42 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
This Tribunal is a key reason that solo ranked queue is the most disgusting social environment I've ever been privy to. Instead of using far more effective methods of moderating this game, they just pass it off to the mob-justice style of this failed idea.
I'll keep this brief: The Tribunal is not the full solution to toxic behavior. We are working on a number of features that all help tackle player behavior issues.

The Tribunal does what it's supposed to very well--but, it's not going to solve the entire problem of toxic behavior.

Pumaster

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The Tribunal does what it's supposed to very well--but, it's not going to solve the entire problem of toxic behavior.
I believe that many of us in the community feel this is our only means of protection from the trolls. If you have other things in the works, then I am terribly happy to hear that.

With spectate mode now in place, it seems you will soon have the ability to solve many of these problems. I've also seen you guys make changes that almost instantly changes the entire game environment (new seasons, for example).

I just haven't heard anything otherwise, and from a perky thread like this about the Tribunal I could only deduce that this is going to be "the" answer, insofar as Riot's attempt to affect the game environment.

Thanoshkar

05-29-2012

"I just haven't heard anything otherwise, and from a perky thread like this about the Tribunal I could only deduce that this is going to be "the" answer, insofar as Riot's attempt to affect the game environment."

Telemarketing sellers must love that attitude.

sylReverie

05-29-2012

I find that most cases I vote seem like they should be punished, but with only 51% of them being punished I must be doing something wrong. is there any way for me to check which cases I voted wrong on, or to receive a percentage of cases I judged correctly? I'm clicking punish a lot more than pardon and I don't want to 1) seem like a person who spams punish 2) be voting wrong 30% of the time.

EDIT: As well, is there any way for reporting power to be reset? I don't use report like I did a few months ago when I was in the early levels.

EDIT: It doesn't state ranked or normal game, just "Classic" as far as I can see, don't know if that was meant to be implemented or not.

Izanagi FTW

05-29-2012

Quote:
I'll keep this brief: The Tribunal is not the full solution to toxic behavior. We are working on a number of features that all help tackle player behavior issues.

Then what's the point.

No offense but you seem kinda delusional. Tribunal is flawed, I have buds I play with every day. When they talk about the tribunal "I just spam punish for the free IP lol". People get banned unjustly due to that.

Leavebuster is a total joke...some people have kids, responsibilities, Their pool could catch on fire. When My dad had a hear attack in January I left a game to call 911. I came home and was banned. The reason my timer was up so high is because of the aftermath of the tornadoes in Alabama...you know the one that killed 250 people. Internet was shotty all the way up till December.

**** Happens I enjoy playing League but if something comes up I will leave.

Sorry you are to uptight and selfish to understand that.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

05-29-2012
43 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
I believe that many of us in the community feel this is our only means of protection from the trolls. If you have other things in the works, then I am terribly happy to hear that.

With spectate mode now in place, it seems you will soon have the ability to solve many of these problems. I've also seen you guys make changes that almost instantly changes the entire game environment (new seasons, for example).

I just haven't heard anything otherwise, and from a perky thread like this about the Tribunal I could only deduce that this is going to be "the" answer, insofar as Riot's attempt to affect the game environment.
The Tribunal is just one solution. We need a lot more

Liath

05-29-2012

Quote:
One of the next features we are working on is revealing more details to the Tribunal reviewers in the form of a "Tribunal Performance Report Card." We will also be creating similar reports for players that are banned from the Tribunal.

So yes, we are working on ways to show players why they were banned by the Tribunal. For now, Player Support can give you details such as if you were banned by LeaverBuster, Tribunal, or another reason.
Best Tribunal news to date

NinetyNineTails

05-29-2012

Quote:
The suggestion here that, prior to the Tribunal, Ranked solo queue was sunshine, lollipops, and puppies bears no resemblance to the world in which I live.

FaceCheckMyBush

05-29-2012

Never Been Banned Club Represent!