The Tribunal: The First Year

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SavageMinnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrChezpo View Post
yo pendra, suck my balls.
This is exactly the kind of stupid behavior that takes away form the serious, legit concerns people raise about Tribunal; about anything really. You get some jerk coming in and blindly insulting without really saying anything, and then everyone else gets thrown into the cart with him.

It would be like me saying "Everyone who likes Tribunal is just a Riot fanboy." There are reasons to like Tribunal, especially if you've never had anyone you know deal with the nightmarish labyrinth that is figuring out why you're banned. You can't simply Email Riot about it, their response is "You're banned by Tribunal. Have fun with that." That says nothing, and it's impossible to fight because you don't even know what you're supposed to be fighting. Add the fact that Riot will do their best to explain away even a ban they, themselves, don't think is justified because "it's the will of the playerbase," and things are just plain out of hand.

@Kitsune: That's a pretty concrete example of what I was just saying. They're so airtight on "privacy" they don't even tell you about yourself.

LadyKitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageMinnow View Post
@Kitsune: That's a pretty concrete example of what I was just saying. They're so airtight on "privacy" they don't even tell you about yourself.
They most certainly do though... in public when you don't actually ask for said information, and then post it without actually confirming any first, only to retract it later on after damage was done.

Alamander

05-28-2012

Sorry for all the flame Lyte, and thanks for the work you've put in so far.

though i have to agree with what a bunch of people have stated. Will customer service actually disclose information about your ban now? It seems like a question that has been asked quite a bit without a direct answer. LadyKitsune's example seems pretty solid.

Zielmann

05-28-2012

The whole 'why was I banned' thing is quite a double-edged sword. On one hand, it shouldn't be needed. You got punished. Read the code of conduct, and that is your guideline for how to improve yourself.You'll probably need to look objectively at your own behavior to see how you've been acting like a jerk, which is difficult for a lot of people.

But if Riot starts providing the reason for a punishment in their contact, what will it accomplish? The "why was I banned" threads will just shift focus to "last time I was banned for this, I stopped doing that, clearly I shouldn't be getting banned again" when in fact that player has just either shifted to some other negative behavior, or is now being banned for something that was overshadowed by their other negative behavior.

Riot could show up in-person to every punished player's door, give an explanation and offer free advice/counseling on how to fix their behavior, and you would still have people complaining about the process and a lack of information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKitsune View Post
They most certainly do though... in public when you don't actually ask for said information, and then post it without actually confirming any first, only to retract it later on after damage was done.
Where have they done this? Any time Riot has posted any details of a case, it has been in a forum thread started by the person who was punished, and they are continually insistent on the fact that they should be innocent. It really boggles my mind that people still even try to defend themselves on the forums regarding bans, because it always ends with them just getting embarrassed by a Riot post showing how they weren't telling the truth when they say they don't deserve the ban. In most of those threads, the OP never even returns to say anything in the thread after Riot has shown them for what they really are.

Fazdogg

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We'll figure it out If Report Cards aren't interesting enough, we may brainstorm on some forum badges or something, we'll see. I just want to steer the rewards away from currency, which tends to motivate the wrong audience.
I personally only do the reviews as a way to earn potential IP while I'm not at home and therefore unable to earn IP by playing. If the IP reward were taken away, I really doubt I'd do it. While I'm motivated by the IP, I still take the time to judge every single case to the best of my abilities. I personally couldn't care less about some forum flair and I find that the time and effort involved in judging cases properly is worth a lot more than a thank you.

Dormond

05-28-2012

Tribunal is a joke made by amateurs from amateurs.Only thing it did is ban me twice and for no reason at all without even a warning even though it's supposed to warn and give a valid reason.Just a fail out to be company full of cry babies that ban cause u called someone stupid. If he is stupid you're not suppossed to be banned lol. All that tribunal did is make me quit playing the game seriously and i was pretty decent compared to those that pressed punish in my case..Sad little clowns the lot of all of you..

LadyKitsune

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamander View Post

though i have to agree with what a bunch of people have stated. Will customer service actually disclose information about your ban now? It seems like a question that has been asked quite a bit without a direct answer. LadyKitsune's example seems pretty solid.
They've been talking on both sides of the story for a while now. This isn't the first time they contradict their own statements and policies, and it won't be the last. Posts like his just show us they'll say whatever and give whatever numbers they think we want to see, because people want to believe them over some random person making a post on the forums. Every public ridicule of someone that claims they were unjustly banned (whether justified or not) is a credibility attack on everyone else who posts with the same problem. Most people that have said complaint are instantly downvoted. We don't know the details of the case, but we instinctively downvote because it's "just another whiner" or whatever we tell ourselves we've seen a hundred times before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
The whole 'why was I banned' thing is quite a double-edged sword. On one hand, it shouldn't be needed. You got punished. Read the code of conduct, and that is your guideline for how to improve yourself. It might take a little introspection, and you'll probably need to look objectively at your own behavior to see how you've been acting like a jerk.

But if Riot starts providing the reason for a punishment in their contact, what will it accomplish? The "why was I banned" threads will just shift focus to "last time I was banned for this, I stopped doing that, clearly I shouldn't be getting banned again" when in fact that player has just either shifted to some other negative behavior, or is now being banned for something that was overshadowed by their other negative behavior.

Riot could show up in-person to every punished player's door, give an explanation and offer free advice/counseling on how to fix their behavior, and you would still have people complaining about the process and a lack of information.

Where have they done this? Any time Riot has posted any details of a case, it has been in a forum thread started by the person who was punished, and they are continually insistent on the fact that they should be innocent. It really boggles my mind that people still even try to defend themselves on the forums regarding bans, because it always ends with them just getting embarrassed by a Riot post showing how they weren't telling the truth when they say they don't deserve the ban. In most of those threads, the OP never even returns to say anything in the thread after Riot has shown them for what they really are.
You miss the concept of a double edged sword. That implies there would be harm done to both sides, when it doesn't cause damage. It only has the potential to help or be neutral.

Also, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...62353#22462353

SavageMinnow

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormond View Post
Tribunal is a joke made by amateurs from amateurs.Only thing it did is ban me twice and for no reason at all without even a warning even though it's supposed to warn and give a valid reason.Just a fail out to be company full of cry babies that ban cause u called someone stupid. If he is stupid you're not suppossed to be banned lol. All that tribunal did is make me quit playing the game seriously and i was pretty decent compared to those that pressed punish in my case..Sad little clowns the lot of all of you..
And yet your post demonstrates exactly why you should be banned. Again, another ass weakens the case of people who have legit concerns, all because he thinks he's some sort of special child who should be allowed to hurt others with impunity.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

05-28-2012
37 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamander View Post

One of the next features we are working on is revealing more details to The Tribunal reviewers in the form of "The Tribunal Performance Report Card." We will also be creating similar reports for players that are banned from The Tribunal.

So yes, we are working on ways to show players why they were banned by The Tribunal. For now, Player Support can give you details such as if you were banned by LeaverBuster, The Tribunal, or another reason.

Grn ninja blanco

05-28-2012

i cant enter trhe tribunal is it currently unavaiable ?