Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Tribunal: The First Year

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lint Wizard

05-25-2012

Quote:
MrAngels:
That's a bug that happens when the first letter of a player's name is a special character.

Haha I just edited my post to clarify that. The very first report I worked on has exactly that

Jfizzo88

Recruiter

05-25-2012

Wow, this is way more efficient than the American judicial system. Perhaps the government should take a page out of the old Riot tribunal book.

Solari Brigadier

05-25-2012

Quote:
Linty McDeath:
Haha I just edited my post to clarify that. The very first report I worked on has exactly that

Yeah it happened even in the old system.

ston3d

05-25-2012

Dunno about people who are complaining, I got over the line 3 times and 3 times got banned, from my perspective this thing works perfect. Big <3 for the team responsible for this.

Vaylent

05-25-2012

You guys really need to start showing people what they were reported for when they got banned from a Tribunal case. It's really hard to improve your behavior if you aren't really sure what's wrong with it.

ScareyCarey

05-25-2012

Quote:
PeteyPiranha:
GJ tribunal, LoL has only the SECOND worse community in gaming, first being CoD. Now, HIT ME WITH DEM DOWN VOTES!

Yup, and I suppose you just add to that now don't you.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

05-25-2012

Quote:
zzFrostzz:
So out of 2,679,000 people banned forever from league (there is something very wrong with that) 700 were viewed by at least 2 riot staff. I wonder how much was actualy viewed total out of those 2 million people.

47+ million votes were registered, not cases.

Pendragon and I don't review cases as a full-time job. We do it because we care about the system's accuracy. We have full Player Support teams that review cases.

Lyte

05-25-2012

Quote:
YoshiStampedeBlu:
Ok. If 51% of 47,000,000 cases are punished, that means there are over 2,397,000 punished cases. You reviewed 700 of these cases with 2 of them being "innocent"; that's roughly 0.00285%. Take that percent from the original 2,397,000 punished cases and you have approximately 6831 "innocent" players that were punished through the tribunal. To sum it up, the tribunal isn't perfect and there are more innocent players being punished than you think.

With that being said, you should up the amount of "overseers" that review cases, so that there's alot less innocent players being punished. I'm sure you guys could handle that?

47+ million votes were registered, not cases.

We have entire teams of people reviewing cases. Show me a system that is like this, that is more accurate

Lyte

05-25-2012

Quote:
Luician:
Would you kindly review my account. I am for sure being banned for no reason at all. I have played certain games in which I could move my champion anywhere. I have also been in games in which the camera was not able to focus and I was not able click on anything. These incidents which I know for sure is not my fault has caused disconnections and a very unpleasant game experience. I am fairly new to LoL and these type of games and I admit I love it but I do not love your Tribunal System. On May 24th 2012 yesterday, I was banned for disconnections. These were forced as the reasons stated before. I was also banned again today on the 25th for yet another disconnection. JUST ONE! Its honestly not my fault. My pc is fit to play this game and my internet is at par. Please release the ban from my account. I am part of the other percentage thats innocently banned. Thank you very much.

You were banned by LeaverBuster, which is different than The Tribunal and not included in these statistics.

Unfortunately, if your PC is currently unable to play this game, or if your internet connection is too poor, we cannot overturn your LeaverBuster punishments. Each time you join a game and DC because of your hardware or connection you affect 9 other players.

Solari Brigadier

05-25-2012

Hey Lyte, since you're here, could you tell us which types of reports were actually Pardoned the most? I have to believe it's Intentionally Feeding/Assisting Enemy Team because a lot of people report for that even if it's just bad play.