Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Absurd! Ridiculous! ill-placed! Preposterous!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WiegrafOfValor

05-25-2012

I'm not sure crockman is a troll or if he really does not understand anything that I'm talking about.

I HAVE VERY LIMITED TIME FREE.
PLAY A GAME BY DAY, AND EIGHT IN WEEKEND.
I HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO TEACH SOMEONE HOW TO PLAY IN THE MIDDLE OF A MATCH.
IT IS ASKING TOO MUCH, FOR A REQUIREMENT FOR A PERSON THAT KNOW HOW TO PLAY WITH YOUR CHAMPION BEFORE PLAYING IN PVP?

CaptBonefish

05-25-2012

Great Idea!

Jiggly Johnson

05-25-2012

yes then when an opponent tries a new champ, it is ok with you. i see how you are....

OriginalJack

05-25-2012

Can't say I agree here at all:

Things that can be learned by playing against bots:
* Team play.
-bots do not teach you any sort of useful team play

* Know your limitations and the limitations of your champion.
-only on a very basic level and it's kind of skewed because when i am 30-0 in a bot game I'm not really getting a good feel for a champion anymore

* Understand the importance of each position, tower, buff, and allies
-since when do people play by the meta in bot games?

* Know when their presence is necessary, and when you're messing up.
-do people roam in bot games? I've never seen anyone really lose their lane in a bot game unless it's a 2v1 and even then they usually just break even

* Communication.
-people talk in bot games?

* Predict possible movement of its allies and adversaries.
-oh come on now, like bots really do the same things people do or people play the same way they do against bots as they do people...

* understand the stages of the battle.
-bot games go like this... "minions have spawned... first blood... an enemy has been slain... double kill.... ledgendary... your team has destroyed an inhibitor... victory!"
usually in less than 20 mins

... many other things, depends on whether you want to learn.
-you're mostly learning bad habits that don't translate well to pvp
(and that zilean bot is a ****)

I really agree with crocmon you will learn a lot more in PVP even if you end up losing. And it isn't even a sure thing that you will lose some champs are pretty easy to pick up.

Oh and:
I HAVE VERY LIMITED TIME FREE!
(so I'm not going to waste it on bot games)

FrankTheStud

05-25-2012

Go to TT if you wanna try out a character. When I buy someone new, I read their abilities, then just go to the Treeline to try them out!

Blaine Tog

05-25-2012

Quote:
WiegrafOfValor:
If possible create a requirement to play in "PVP", something like having to win ten games with the champion against the bots.
Maybe one or two would be reasonable, but it doesn't take very long to learn the basic mechanics of a champion, which is all bot games are good for. Someone who's played a champion against bots 10 times isn't going to be substantially better than someone who's only played against them a few times.

Vikaryous

05-25-2012

So much tasty butthurt on the forums today. Can tell the schools let out for summer!

Bots teach you very little. They don't teamfight at all, they're ****ing retarded, they don't jungle or roam or maneuver intelligently, etc.

This isn't an easy game and it requires you to be invested in it. Make the commitment, or don't play. It's that simple. This is already the most casual of MOBA's, Riot doesn't need to be holding your hand anymore than they already do

Darius not OP. Downvote me bro

TeknoWizard

05-25-2012

I played Orianna for the first time in a PvP, and won my lane. I played Leona for the first time in PvP, and got my carry fed. Whether or not you are good with a champ can't be determined by bot wins. I can go into a bot game, and have all 4 of my team mates DC and still feasibly win. Not likely with my skill level, but it's possible. Bots don't require skill. People don't get much better when only playing bots. I know I didn't for like the first 20-ish levels, when I only played against them.

TL;DR- Noobs will be noobs. Let them try to become less noobish by practicing against like players.

WiegrafOfValor

05-25-2012

That's why I hate to chat with 12 yo childs. You argument it's invalid, you all talking about how much you can learn by playing with other ppl, and that you guys don't learn anything playing with bots.
That's your fault, they gave you the opportunity to learn with bots, If you don't, that's not Riot fault.
I haven't said that playing against bot it's better than play with ppl, what I'm saying is that you suppose to learn how to play with the champion first. Like learning how to use a tool before working with it.

C'mon kids, stop trolling like a bunch of nailheads and begin to questioning if it is a good idea or not.

AT LEAST READ BEFORE POSTING SOMETHING.

The Azi

05-25-2012

The only way I would even consider agreeing with the OP is if instead of 10 wins, make it 1 lol.

In bot games the most a person will learn with a new champion is how his abilities work. So one game should be efficient enough to get the general idea of it, and maybe have an idea of the build he wants to try out.

I do not think it should be forced tho imo. In a general sense it is a good practice tip tho, and I recommend to any new players or when people try out new champions to go to a bot game to learn their abilities first, if for anything but to avoid being called a noob constantly in pvp.