Absurd! Ridiculous! ill-placed! Preposterous!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WiegrafOfValor

05-25-2012

In my opinion is wrong the fact that a player can play in "PVP", with champions who have never played before.
I think a lack of respect for other team members, four people who are losing their time and are doomed to lose because of a selfish person with no respect for others.
It is an insult to the player causing the defeat of the team, clearly aware of this.As well as being "AFK" and leave the queue, play with a champion for the first time in the game mode "PVP" should also be punished.
If possible create a requirement to play in "PVP", something like having to win ten games with the champion against the bots.

Giggle

05-25-2012

That sounds like a good idea. I also find it extremely offensive when people do this.

xXCrocmonXx

05-25-2012

And what would this really accomplish? It isn't like your ELO is at stake in normals. With the recent update, if you don't want people playing as a champ that they don't know how to play just go ranked. Normals are for trying new things, brushing up talents, and the like.

Just because you can't carry/motivate/cooperate your team doesn't mean Riot should divert their time from things like fixing actual bugs or nerfing Darius to rework normals.

tl;dr: You best be trolling.

WiegrafOfValor

05-25-2012

Thank you. What I think is that if the company Riot Games and their qualified professionals have created a game mode against bots, and spent weeks and even months creating an "AI" competent to train new players and especially for the player to be able to try new champions and new builds, I find unacceptable the fact that someone is selfish to the point of throwing away all this opportunity for no reason.

WiegrafOfValor

05-25-2012

Crocmon, your comment had no connection with the context of this post.
That is not what is at stake, your "ELO" and defeats and victories are not the things of greatest value here.
Like me, there are people who have little free time. Work, study .. Anyway, the time of the Riot CUSTOMERS should not be thrown out because of people like you.
I think this should be fixed and I know that not only me but many players, and employees of the "Riot Game" also agree with me.
Disagree with me would say that Riot Games do not care about their customers.

xXCrocmonXx

05-25-2012

What you learn versus bots is nothing, because you can't program an AI opponent that can operate in the same way as an organic player, at least not with today's programming and Riot's budget. Bots are meant to learn your role, get a little practice in, and get a first-win if you're having a terrible day. However, you cannot expect to learn as much as you could in Normals.

You play Normals to learn the meta, and things beyond "AD Carry builds this" or "Zilean Bot is a ****." I'd merely advise you learn to do better, looking up guides from sites like MOBAFire or Solomid. That is what you use to learn, because bots are terrible teachers. They feed hard, and rarely punish you for mistakes the way players can (and will).

Start citing all the people who agree with you. The more actual Riot employees you can cite, the better you'll sound. Because now, you just sound like you're talking out of your rear. Disagreeing with you does not say that Riot doesn't care, it actually says they care more about the PvP demographic. Y'know, the game's target audience?

WiegrafOfValor

05-25-2012

What I am saying is that the player will learn to play with the champion before him play with that same champion in "PVP".
If you can not learn anything by playing with the bots, that's YOUR limitation.
And another thing, you're saying that the idea of ​​creating a system of battles against bots is useless and ineffective? why not create a post about it and inform the "Riot Games" that they created something useless?

WiegrafOfValor

05-25-2012

Things that can be learned by playing against bots:
* Team play.
* Know your limitations and the limitations of your champion.
* Understand the importance of each position, tower, buff, and allies
* Know when their presence is necessary, and when you're messing up.
* Communication.
* Predict possible movement of its allies and adversaries.
* understand the stages of the battle.
... many other things, depends on whether you want to learn.

xXCrocmonXx

05-25-2012

You would have a much faster rate of learning in player matches and with guides. Bot matches are for the basics, like QWER holding your skills and lanes. That's it. Then you go to PvP, and go to find out what you do beyond that. You'll learn much faster and much better when pitted against actual people than you will against bots, who will always feed hard, who will never jungle, and will barely switch lanes.

You cannot tell me that you know where to put wards due to bot matches, nor did bot matches teach you how to bait team-fights on Baron, or how to react to the other team having a jungler. These are skills that are absolutely essential in Normals that bot-matches just do not teach you.

I am not saying bot matches are useless, I am telling you that they are perfectly fine as is. Why should they fix bot matches to 'teach better' when there are many more pressing issues, and when the tutorial is perfectly fine at doing just that?

WiegrafOfValor

05-25-2012

What you are saying crockman is that a person will only learn to play losing in "PVP" and that it is impossible for that person to learn something playing against bots because it will be an easy victory.
Of course it will be an easy victory, were planned for this, what is more fun: If you feel a killing machine on a killing without end, or take a beating so hard you would have to pick up pieces of your ass around the nexus?
Bots are programmed to be easy, with good reason. There was not a limitation of the professionals, they do not fail to make an "AI" hard!
But learn from these bots is possible. Do not be confused, a match against other players brings more understanding of the game, however it must have a basic knowledge of the game and ESPECIALLY KNOWLEDGE OF HOW TO USE YOUR TOOL before playing in this mode.
Playing in "PVP" without playing against bots before, can be compared to sending a person to operate your brain cancer without ever having gone to college and without knowing how to use a scalpel.