[CSC Song Contest] Dr. Cascada, the Murdering Chipmunk

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kronikmagii

02-10-2013

you could match scars up with a heal, for a scar is formed when a wound heals.

Drake O Dagger

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronikmagii View Post
you could match scars up with a heal, for a scar is formed when a wound heals.
Huh? I'm guessing you mean make Scars (the passive) into a heal of some sort? Cause if that's what you're saying, it wouldn't be very balanced when combined with the rest of Dr. Cascada's kit. He's already got several heals.

Belligerence

03-09-2013

First quick thing to poin out is probably just an oversight! All your Champion's base stats are being overly multiplied in the end. You're giving them 18 levels of stats, while you can only gain 17 levels (you start at level 1, not 0).

Passive -
The passive sounds cool in theory, but it doesn't seem to fit in with her abilities as well as it seems in my opinion. I think the passive on the Ult should be swapped with the passive ability. Then our chipmunk friend would gain attack speed at a ratio of damage received by the shielded target. This would benefit you as not having to take damage for the attack speed bonus, and the core of your abilities surrounded by the nuts is constantly being thrown out from your passive ability. Should consider making a maximum number of nuts active at a time but make them last a bit longer on the ground.

Q -
I like the ability, but the CDR seems a bit much. Every minion wave reduces your cooldowns by a max of 8 seconds (probably on average about 6 seconds with the time it takes to kill the minions) at level 5. I'd have to do the math on this, but it seems a little overpowered. The active seems in line with other similar gap closers (like Xin's charge), but a little different. I like the Active, but the Passive needs a slight tweek.

W -
Only a couple questions about the active. How long do the Root and Stun last? If the last the full duration of the stack, that is insane. Assuming the same qualities of other stackable things, every time you hit with the ability it refreshes to maximum duration. Is this the case, or does the first stack retain its original duration (Example: You hit with Nut 1, 10 seconds. 2 seconds later, enemy runs over Nut 2. That would be Nut 1 stack has 8 seconds left, but Nut 2 has 10 seconds. So if you go on average 2 seconds per nut, then by the time the root happens, Nut 1 only has 4 seconds left on it and the stun nut 1 would only have 2 seconds).

E -
The heal seems a bit large. At level one, the base amount healed is twice of what Taric can heal (and he's built as a support). The mana cost is in line, but it just seems a little too clutch. Granted, it can only be used at sub-20% hp on the target, maybe just reducing it a hair would be beneficial.

R -
If you take into acount what I said about the passive earlier, this seems more inline synergetically with the active. All in all, if you do the switch as I recommended, I have nothing to say about this ability!

Drake O Dagger

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Strife View Post
First quick thing to poin out is probably just an oversight! All your Champion's base stats are being overly multiplied in the end. You're giving them 18 levels of stats, while you can only gain 17 levels (you start at level 1, not 0).

Passive -
The passive sounds cool in theory, but it doesn't seem to fit in with her abilities as well as it seems in my opinion. I think the passive on the Ult should be swapped with the passive ability. Then our chipmunk friend would gain attack speed at a ratio of damage received by the shielded target. This would benefit you as not having to take damage for the attack speed bonus, and the core of your abilities surrounded by the nuts is constantly being thrown out from your passive ability. Should consider making a maximum number of nuts active at a time but make them last a bit longer on the ground.

Q -
I like the ability, but the CDR seems a bit much. Every minion wave reduces your cooldowns by a max of 8 seconds (probably on average about 6 seconds with the time it takes to kill the minions) at level 5. I'd have to do the math on this, but it seems a little overpowered. The active seems in line with other similar gap closers (like Xin's charge), but a little different. I like the Active, but the Passive needs a slight tweek.

W -
Only a couple questions about the active. How long do the Root and Stun last? If the last the full duration of the stack, that is insane. Assuming the same qualities of other stackable things, every time you hit with the ability it refreshes to maximum duration. Is this the case, or does the first stack retain its original duration (Example: You hit with Nut 1, 10 seconds. 2 seconds later, enemy runs over Nut 2. That would be Nut 1 stack has 8 seconds left, but Nut 2 has 10 seconds. So if you go on average 2 seconds per nut, then by the time the root happens, Nut 1 only has 4 seconds left on it and the stun nut 1 would only have 2 seconds).

E -
The heal seems a bit large. At level one, the base amount healed is twice of what Taric can heal (and he's built as a support). The mana cost is in line, but it just seems a little too clutch. Granted, it can only be used at sub-20% hp on the target, maybe just reducing it a hair would be beneficial.

R -
If you take into acount what I said about the passive earlier, this seems more inline synergetically with the active. All in all, if you do the switch as I recommended, I have nothing to say about this ability!
First, thanks so much. I'll need a bit more time before I can review your champion as I'm playing Neverwinter right now and I want to get through as much as I can before the weekend is over, but I'm gonna respond to this while I have a chance.

Stats are written in the same manner as the wiki, that is, starting at pre-level 1 state, and adding the stats per level after.

You actually have a really good point about the passive. I suppose I can redo the champion now that its no longer part of my contest, and change the name of the passive to something appropriate to that. Originally I had to make the champion within very specific limitations, and the effect on there was the best I could come up with for the name I was forced to choose.

Q actually reduces the cooldowns by upto 6 (there are only 6 minions per creep wave). This isn't really OP when you consider the likes of Ryze. This champion is based around high-speed combat and supportive play.

You actually really misunderstood W XD W's STACKS last 10 seconds. The duration of W's effects is only 2 seconds. So it only slows for 2 seconds, but the stack itself lasts 10, so if I land another blow within 10 seconds, the second slow is now 40%, then 60%, then a root, then a stun, but I can't root or stun it a second time after that, so it becomes a 60% slow if I can keep hitting with it. Also, the damage and CC only happen if it hits while moving, not after it lands at its destination (though now that I think of it, that could be rather neat, turning the nuts into traps).

The heal is more in-line with a real healer like Soraka, but I'll look up the numbers and check it again just to be sure. Also, it doesn't scale off of AP like most heals, but rather by my own damage, and only upto double its base amount. Though, my self heal is admittedly better.

Belligerence

03-09-2013

With the passive on the Q, I said max of 8 because of the large minion and the possibility of super minions. That's how you can get to 8.

Drake O Dagger

07-17-2013

bump