Change Darius ult to deal physical damage.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkestPhoenix

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
I think you omit an important factor: Darius's ult is lackluster without bleed stacks. The Darius player has to plan out in advance of ulting who the best target is and begin "banking" ult damage on them. Garen does not.
It's not as hard as you make it seem to get 5 bleed stacks on a target, considering he gets a:
A.) Slow (that also adds a bleed stack upon use)
B.) A grab (that also adds a bleed stack upon use)
C.) An AOE (that also adds a bleed stack upon use).

Nothing real "banking" about this, more of "focus that person until he/she ultimately dies under the absurd damage".

At least with AD ult, he would have a counter to the final bit of damage, and it would be a bit of a gamble, especially considering it STILL refreshes if you fail like a ****** and the person still dies in .5 seconds.

9Point

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix View Post
It's not as hard as you make it seem to get 5 bleed stacks on a target, considering he gets a:

Nothing real "banking" about this, more of "focus that person until he/she ultimately dies under the absurd damage".

At least with AD ult, he would have a counter to the final bit of damage, and it would be a bit of a gamble, especially considering it STILL refreshes if you fail like a ****** and the person still dies in .5 seconds.
You omit that phage is even in his recommended build items.
So a on hit slow who benefits massively from phage has a hard time getting hits on.

Ravors Malody

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

Quote:
I think you omit an important factor: Darius's ult is lackluster without bleed stacks. The Darius player has to plan out in advance of ulting who the best target is and begin "banking" ult damage on them. Garen does not.
mr. Riot man, your missing the point. Sure his ult is great and powerful, but since you have it refresh after getting kill #1 he can pretty much eat an entire team with it, consecutively. Also you forget he leaps a lil bit toward the target when he uses it, making him a hard target.(also because of the free mspd)

As you said mr. riot man. A good darius player 99.9% of community is sure to figure him out and abuse him. -- Remember the lee sin tricks ? q w q w .. its not that hard to push buttons.

In all honestly you shouldn't be making these KILL STEAL champions. Why would you want to garentee kills with him, why should that be his role.

You made a mistake with darius, own up and fix him rather than think the 10 million people that played him are wrong.

Wuggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix View Post

His grab doesnt add bleed stack though.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

05-24-2012
4 of 9 Riot Posts

Yes, Darius has good base stats and great ratios. I fail to see what is wrong with that. Darius's weaknesses are a lack of sustain and mobility (and, as a toplane/jungler, the fact that he uses mana). In exchange, he gets some pretty amazing strengths. I think that is a good thing and has lead to a champ unlike any we've seen before.

Wuggles

05-24-2012

Also as someone once stated, the way his ult works you want to try to last hit with it. This means most of the gold is pooled to darius. This essentially gimps the rest of your team most specifically the ad carry.

Random Dolphin

05-24-2012

Quote:
Yes, Darius has good base stats and great ratios. I fail to see what is wrong with that. Darius's weaknesses are a lack of sustain and mobility (and, as a toplane/jungler, the fact that he uses mana). In exchange, he gets some pretty amazing strengths. I think that is a good thing and has lead to a champ unlike any we've seen before.
Its freaking broken in a 1v1 situation his passive does so much damage. Maybe if u gave him 0 CC (No pull about same range as flash and no cripple.) it would of been a better idea.

And yes i know this is a team game but most of the early game (which snowballs the entire game) is based around 1v1 or 2v2 in lanes and csing. and darius abuses this to a problematic level with him having way too much.

Ravors Malody

05-24-2012

Quote:
Lack of movement ????
315 base mspd
Darius gains 5% movement speed for each bleeding enemy champion. ( this should be a fuking flat not %, dude ur so dumb)

Boots
maybe a zeal/pd

500 mspd is lack of movement yall.

You made this hero you say ?? You obviously haven't played him.

abC TowN

05-24-2012

Quote:
60 AD seemed reasonable for a bruiser type. Often they can afford only one offensive item. Change the number to whatever realistic value you want and it will still fall off hard due to late game armor values in our game.

Regarding him being my champion, I find that most designers are like myself: we are more worried about game health as a whole than our own champion. I would not have released him, and my peers would not have let me release him, unless we were certain that play and counterplay determined the outcome of most Darius engagements.
They aren't playing him as a bruiser... They're playing him as a hyper-carry.

Eyeburn

05-24-2012

Quote:
We've seen snowballing champs who are difficult to counter; that's not new. Well, I guess the true damage nuke thing is new, and specifically what is most difficult to build against.

I don't doubt that, as a whole, Darius doesn't contain "too many numbers". I think these numbers are in the wrong spot and the power distribution can be fine tuned. Darius is very much a walking ult because it's the most consistent thing a Darius player can build around:

More AD = more true damage = more kills for my team = better chance of winning.

Making his ult deal true damage definitely gives him consistent power, but is also shuts off counterplay options severely. It is incredibly easier to build armor than it is to build health in this game, as any role. And as many have already mentioned, he does come with a pull and a slow he can spam on a target; he also gets an MS bonus as easily as hitting Q and has higher base MS than the squishies he's trying to murder. I need also to mention that Zeal and PD just had their MS boosts nerfed. Tell me again, how is he low mobility?