Hero Identfiying = harder than DOTA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whitingnick

07-27-2009

Sometimes I find myself unable to pick out an enemy hero in a crowd. I'd like to identify enemy heroes easier. One thing I like about DOTA is that hero's have a glow about them, so they're easy to pick out of a crowd. This is my only complaint so far with LoL. When I get into a fight, I'd like to see my enemy easily.

Anyone else fill the same way?

Wana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2009

I've experienced similar situations where I can't identify myself in a fight, or even notice I've arrived at my destination. Yeah, I know I can press the Space bar to center in on my champion, but that doesn't cut it in large fights where razzle dazzle AoE ultimates and crazy eyecandy fill up my screen. The unique champion HP and name bars help, but it's easy to lose yourself in the middle of a seizure-inducing chain of ultimates.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

07-27-2009

I've had this problem with the smaller champions liek Annie and Teemo! Glows would help out alot but I wouldint say it's neccisary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wana View Post
razzle dazzle
Razzle Dazzle??? whos that handsome man???

whitingnick

07-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wana View Post
I've experienced similar situations where I can't identify myself in a fight, or even notice I've arrived at my destination. Yeah, I know I can press the Space bar to center in on my champion, but that doesn't cut it in large fights where razzle dazzle AoE ultimates and crazy eyecandy fill up my screen. The unique champion HP and name bars help, but it's easy to lose yourself in the middle of a seizure-inducing chain of ultimates.
I hadn't thought about my own hero, but yes I fully agree with you here too. It's sometimes even hard to see my own hero in a crowd. I hope Riot does something about this, making it easier to see heroes... I'd like to see them have a 'glow'

Lendari

Adjudicator

07-27-2009

spacebar

whitingnick

07-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendari View Post
spacebar
I don't think spacebar works with enemy heroes... And I don't think spacebar is enough with finding my own hero. I should be able to see my hero without using spacebar. Easier gameplay mechanics = a better gaming experience

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

07-27-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I know it's important for new players to feel like it's easy to pick up the game, but after playing for a while, I have no problem at all picking out my hero in a mess. I think all the heroes have very unique looks.

Darklord

Adjudicator

07-27-2009

ya, I have 0 problem with this, both now and when I started playing. The graphics style makes the heroes all look *very* distinct.

Zeta

07-27-2009

Only time I had a problem with this was fully grown Chogath, Annie, and Teemo on the screen at the same time.

Crazy.

Faro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
... I have no problem at all picking out my hero in a mess..
Must be hard finding minotaur in a crowd. Jesus it's like I'm a forum stalker .

Seriously though, finding Annie in a very large wave of creeps is annoying. Not really much you can do, but it is kind of an annoyance and just takes time to get used to. Also, don't do what I did and think twitch was hiding in his creep pack the whole time.