Counters for Heimerdinger.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ITwisterpaI

08-20-2010

It's not that heimer is op, its his play-style that is stupid. All he does is sit and throw nades at turrets and makes it extremely difficult. The best counter is Anivia, although a heimer who knows how to play can stomp anyone.

pyrokinetiq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2010

i find it funny how every post supporting heimer is downvoted and every post against him is upvoted, sure must be a lot of noobs who need to l2p on the forums around this time.

what, did you guys really expect you could dive 3 of heimer's turrets on half hp as yi?

Whom

08-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMountainGoat View Post
he's a pusher. helping him kill your creeps is just making his job even easier.
An underleveled Heimer who pushes straight to a tower early on is gankbait. He can't really seige early game because nades don't do enough damage yet until he's farmed up, and they'll run him out of mana. He isn't a fast tower killer, he's a slow and steady tower killer. Really, if you take away his gold and levels, you take away most of his threat. This is me speaking as a Heimer main; he has great strengths but he does have weaknesses.

Heartlęss

08-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
You can't counter a good heimer with anyone, cept for maybe Morgana. He will still be pretty good after the patch, but will get far less killing blows with his turrets due to less overall dps with only 2, and less coverage for his ult.
trsitana with smite............................................. ......

Yana

08-20-2010

^ - if you need turrets to get creep kills you're last hitting with every other champ wrong.

Anyway, counters to Heimdinger... *deep breath*....

*Hardcounters
Yi (alpha / just rushing heimer)
Karthus
Zilean (flat outrange them)
Kogmaw
Mord (too beefy)
Sivir (can easily kil the turrets, and her Q can penetrate through them to hit heimer)
Anivia (ult)
Ashe (outrange + volley spam)
Pantheon (ult + combo will usually kill heimers outright, they have no mobility so also easy to land)
Nunu (consume)
Ezrael
Gragas (ult tosses out of field)
Blitz'
Nid
Jax (your turrets just make him stronger)

But realistically, there's a lot more than just this who can counter him very well.

For example, did you know you can stand in turret range and attack kogmaw, and they often won't attack you if they've already engaged creep? I do it all the time, run right up to his turret like, use my AoE slow and shoot him while standing right next to his turrets and they do nothing. Sometimes, maybe 1/4 of the time, they'll start to shoot me, but for the most part I'm completely safe while harassing him.

Heimer's nuke skills are also substandard (W and E are two of the worst skills in the game with high mana cost, low damage, pathetic AP ratio), so in the above situation he's virtually helpless.

AdolffCritler

08-20-2010

I play nasus a lot. after upgrading his spirit fire 4 or 5 lvls they usually take out all the turrets HP. not to mention all the minions hp. a nasus at mid imo isnt such a bad idea if theres a heim there too.

Sageless

08-20-2010

The best counter to Heimer is the nerf hammer, until he is bottom tier with poor Teemo.

Qubu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-20-2010

The problem isn't so much countering him (although this is a real problem in normal games), it is just how annoying he is to play against. Playing against him just makes the game not fun, unless you are Nunu, then it is hilarious. NOM NOM TURRETS.

Also, Ezreal is not a very good counter to Heimer. Turret's cost 3 to 4 times the mana of Mystic Shot, depending on levels, and you can rarely kill the turret in 3 to 4 shots. Even if you do, this leaves the turrets up long enough for Heimer to farm and takes too much time away from your farming.

Kahabut

08-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Heimer gains gold significantly faster than Veigar, meaning he can afford to invest in some HP/MR while still matching Veigar's damage through AP. Also, how exactly do you convince the Heimer to extend past his established turret-nest to die to you?

Ranged abilities work to an extent, but you are neglecting the fact that those abilities have mana costs and cooldowns of their own, and often can't one-shot a turret. With proper placement so you can't hit more than one at a time, this doesn't cut it, and neither does AOE.

In order for Nunu to consume, he has to run into melee range of the turrets (eating a Grenade and missiles, plus turret hits). Heimer can also leave them closer to his tower, further punishing Nunu's attempts. Plus, this requires that Nunu be in the same lane as Heimer. As Heimer is usually mid, this entails Nunu being your mid (or having two mids), which denies your carry solo exp/gold.
First off, Heimer can't even come close to matching Veigar for AP. Have you ever even played this game? Even if you build AP only on Heimer, he's going to be behind Veigar for the entire game. Second, if you do buy some HP/MR instead of an AP item you'll find yourself gimpy compared to most champs, AND it won't save you. Even if you did something crazy like putting a force of nature on Heim, Veigar should still be able to nuke you off the face of the planet if all his abilities are up.

I realize you are weak on strategy, like most people, but if you can't figure out how to deal with a heimer nest, you need to go back to basics. Oh, there are 3 turrets stack in front of the mid turret? AND three of their team standing there? Well ****, I guess we'll split up and take out the top AND bottom lanes at once. Gee, that heimer nest sure was a problem. :| Heimers that "nest" lose. He's FAR more effective with a tank or carry next to him doing a slow lane push. His turrets in up in a line shape up the lane, and as long as no one came by and removed them, they provide cover for falling back. Holding your ground is great, but it's not the end all be all, and it's really only appropriate in defensive situations, where the enemy should be smart enough to change lanes and defeat your nest by ignoring it.

Lastly, I've played 20 games with nunu since the last patch. He totally OWNS heimer. I've even midded against heimer with nunu and that poor ******* didn't have a chance. I ganked him at lvl5, and again at 7. I also got out of 3 team efforts to gank me. Thanks consume. Yes, it denies your carry what ever that means. I was doing 500+ with ice ball and lets not even talk about what a fed nunu can do with flash and his ult. Nunu using consume can keep heimer from ever building a nest at all. In fact, with no more than a 3 second overlap, I can eat every turret he places. Kinda makes heimer worthless. Sure, if you leave him be, he can nest up nicely. But since a snowball will nearly kill a turret, and a consume ALWAYS does, that's 2 down in 1 second. How much damage to you think that means I took? Correct. NONE. Because 5 seconds later I ate the last turret and healed all the damage away.