Help my akali D:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Halcione

05-24-2012

I've owned akali since way back when I started playing, and she's been one of my favorite champions since then. But ever since I entered the "skill range" where people start following meta, she just kinda dropped off for me. I'd really like to pick her up again in matches, but I never feel too confident about it.

This is my dilemma:
1- top lane: full of bruisers with sustain. Not only is akali notoriously bad at dealing with anyone she can't annihilate in half a second flat, but top champions tend to be pretty **** good at keeping their hp high with decent sustain.
2- mid lane: full of ranged ap carries. I can poke them with q, but they can poke me with their entire kit + AAs. The few times I've tried this, I always get zoned the hell out.

So far, I've just been tossing myself into bot games once a day with her to practice mid in a more controlled environment, and I'm personally still not quite happy with how I'm doing.

Could I get some tips please? I'm really hating how little I'm using this champ, specially considering she's one of my favorites.

Syferfyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-24-2012

I usually mid lane with akali, almost always win it. The trick is to play defensively until level 6, last hit whatever. When you hit 6 wait until you get all 3 stacks of your ult. Let them push to your tower, hit them with your combo and exhaust/ignite, usually they will die, or escape with littler health, just make sure they dont have heal though. It works pretty well for me, I almost never lose my lane.

Second Movement

05-24-2012

I have yet to find a better guide than this one:

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...orycraft.xhtml

I'm a huge fan of Akali as well. Unfortunately, as for dealing with the meta, Akali has is difficult. If we're talking about ranked/draft, she's probably going to end up being a situational pick. Normals...is a whole different scenario.

One of Akali's biggest weaknesses is tanky characters. If she can't kill a champion outright, she'll have problems with them. A good way of dealing with this (later game) is a deathfire grasp (especially with the rework). As for early game, you're going to have to harass a lot. Use your shroud to scare them away from farming/toss your mark of the assassin on them. Don't be afraid to use your ult to harass (it does have a max of three charges on it). An often used combo is q + wait until q recharges + ult + auto attack (activate mark) + q + auto attack + shroud (to back off). Top champs may have sustain, but popping a combo like that a few times puts them in the danger zone very quickly.

As for mid, I feel like Akali has an easier time. Mid is often a lot squishier and easier to burst down. You'll have to learn the quirks for each champion you face there (specifically which can hit you in your shroud), but as long as you keep an eye on possible ganks, you should start to do well. The same combo applies as earlier.

Akali's BIGGEST problem early game is when she's lower than level 6. Without her ult, your main priority is leveling and farming. Harass if you can, but you NEED your ult to be at all effective. The sooner you're level 6, the sooner you're killing people.

Let me know if you want some more tips! I love Akali too.

Halcione

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Movement View Post
A good way of dealing with this (later game) is a deathfire grasp (especially with the rework).
I can't believe I forgot about the reworked dfg. Thanks a lot.

Yes, more tips would be very welcome :x

TehJackAttack

05-24-2012

Akali's playstyle changes a bit depending on who you are laning against. Most times, you will want to start boots+3 and hang behind minions to last hit with your Q.

Also-- very important to Akali are the runes you are using. Make a rune page with 7 flat AD reds, 3 flat AP quints, and 9 flat AD blues. Masteries put +3 into AD and you have both passives active from level 1. This helps with sustain AND last hitting.

Once you hit level 6, go B and grab your hextech revolver (you should have at least 1200 gold by this point). When you get back to lane, you will have 3 charges on shadow dance, and this is where you can start playing offensively. Practice using your shroud-- Q the enemy, shadow dance, AA, shroud. This gives you a moment to see how much damage your combo puts out, as well as determine if you are better off retreating or laying on another Q+R+AA on them.

I still reccomend rushing gunblade, even with the nerfs, because the active is just so strong on Akali. Helps tremendously when you roam to top or bottom lane for ganks, especially early game.

Kai Allard Laio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

Akali is situational in the current meta. Never first pick her. Tanky champs are a problem, but don't forget she has pretty good sustain. I'm very picky about who I lane her against. I usually go top because I don't like facing ranged champs.

Farm passively till level 6 like everyone has described. if they'll let you AA minions, then throw your Q at them continually. if you're REALLY lucky, they'll let you land 2 Q's on them and when you AA them their hp will disappear. This should let you farm easily because they'll be afraid of you. Don't count on it though.

Once you hit 6 you're pretty explosive. Farm like a boss and get a gunblade as quick as possible. I then follow up with a rylai's and then a GA or possibly lich bane.