Ranked 3v3 QQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epic Epidemic

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorthix View Post
That would kinda suck if implemented. You would always have one solo and one duo grouped together and the solo would have to do whatever it was that the duo wanted based on majority or else risk being reported. I play ranked 3v3 as much as I can cause I personally prefer it to 5s, so I would use a solo/duo option if it was implemented for sure, but i could definitely see it causing nothing but greif for anyone who queued solo.
You left out the option of three solo ques getting put together.
I agree that some issues could come up but i would take the risk and would love a solo/duo que option. My buddy and I win almost all of our games even if its 2v3 but we rarely find people to be a 3rd in que.

Lorthix

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga TFC View Post
You left out the option of three solo ques getting put together.
I agree that some issues could come up but i would take the risk and would love a solo/duo que option. My buddy and I win almost all of our games even if its 2v3 but we rarely find people to be a 3rd in que.
That's true but I was just kinda looking at the most likely scenario, cause to improve your chances of winning most people would want to que with another person they know is competent which would cause most solos to get filtered into matches with duo ques instead of with two other solo ques. Say 3 duos and 3 solos are in que for near the same rating, the system would obviously set it up so that 9 people get to play as fast as possible in stead of just 3.

While I do agree with you, and I would do the same thing, the reason you would 'take the risk' is because you would intend to duo with your friend. You are not looking at it from the perspective of the solo who would be forced into whatever role your friend and you did not want (granted roles are much less defined in 3s).

zzCitizen

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
As others have mentioned, you need to join a ranked team to do 3v3 ranked.

We're going to work on making it more apparent how to get into 3v3 ranked. Right now, unless you're on a ranked team, there's no indication that the queue even exists. It's something we're looking to change!
Can you also make normals surrender time lower and require 2 votes to pass? Please.

Xerónn

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzCitizen View Post
Can you also make normals surrender time lower and require 2 votes to pass? Please.
The reason why the vote requirement is so high is to prevent "troll surrenders".