Poke Comps?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravenite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-24-2012

It's been awhile, but my team won something like 45 games straight in season 1 as corki/nunu/cho and were all in the top ten. The comp definitely works late game because Nunu and Cho are an amazing wall, but I'm not sure Nunu can go toe to toe with the top junglers nowadays. Back then, ice blast and consume were better, so it made early jungle much easier. Also, manaless junglers like Lee Sin, Riven, and Shyvana weren't around yet.

KultoDeSkaro

05-24-2012

Lol I read this as Poké comps: pick five pokemon to form a team.

Pikachu mid

Ranged AD Cubone

Support Jigglypuff

Solo top Machoke

Jungle Charizard

Lorthix

05-25-2012

While that team seems good in theory, and may have worked last season, I just can't see it working currently. Most teams I seem to run into lately roll with atleast 1, usually 2, stuns. So they can easily stop Nunu's ult from doing anything significant and/or stop corki from escaping.

Skared

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenite View Post
It's been awhile, but my team won something like 45 games straight in season 1 as corki/nunu/cho and were all in the top ten. The comp definitely works late game because Nunu and Cho are an amazing wall, but I'm not sure Nunu can go toe to toe with the top junglers nowadays. Back then, ice blast and consume were better, so it made early jungle much easier. Also, manaless junglers like Lee Sin, Riven, and Shyvana weren't around yet.
Why does no one believe me? Maybe it wouldn't be AS strong, but definitely viable..

lirm

05-25-2012

The Meta is tanky manaless jungler, Tanky mage top, tanky AD bot. Preferably all with gap closers that go through walls.

It doesn't win because it's the Meta. It is the Meta because it wins. When another team composition starts winning games, then it'll be the meta.

As for your team comp, no. It might work against a scrub team that targets your tanks and walks into your CC like a blind person into a pole. But with a roaming jungler popping up behind your corky in a solo squishy lane, corky's gunna die 9 times out of 10.