Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Platform][Critical]After playing a game Player gets stuck at the Reconnect screen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

drewski346

05-23-2012

[Platform][Critical]After playing a game Player gets stuck at the Reconnect screen
Priority: Critical, It locks you out of anyway to join games.

After a game is finished you will be brought to the wait for stats screen on the Air client. When you click skip waiting for stats it brings up the home page, and if you try to join another game it says you are already part of another game. If you relog then try and use the Reconnect button will be on the home screen. If the player clicks reconnect it launches the Lol client, and then brings up a message telling you that you are unable to connect to the server and that if you have a firewall to adjust it.

This has happened twice to me, and it has happened several other times to other in the Air client chat. I'll put anything that I don't think was involved in the error, but could have been, in (). I only escaped the bug the first time by reloging several times.

Repro steps:
1. Finish a game. (For me it was a surrender by my team both times)
2. Skip waiting for Stats (It was taking longer then normal both times)
3. Try and join a game(I searched for blind normals each time)
4. Attempt to relog
5. Click reconnect

Shuttledown

05-23-2012

this doesn't happen 100% but it happens most of the time for me..

just happened to me..

Ipak

05-23-2012

Happening to me right now too, happens usually sometimes and takes a while - never this long.

Hound Archon

05-23-2012

This issue seems to be pervasive, as most of the discussion on Public chat consists of people voicing that they cannot start a new game thanks to what has been termed 'ghost games', where the game in question has been completed, but stats did not properly load, and re-logging did not release them from the game obligation.

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

Caleh

05-23-2012

I am having this problem as we speak. Have restarted the client many times and still have the same problem.

Porphyrous

Recruiter

05-24-2012

Quote:
drewski346:
Repro steps:
1. Finish a game. (For me it was a surrender by my team both times)
2. Skip waiting for Stats (It was taking longer then normal both times)
3. Try and join a game(I searched for blind normals each time)
4. Attempt to relog
5. Click reconnect

Exactly what's happened to me and my friend both times that I've been locked out too. Seems that the game just isn't closing. Only other information I can think of is that both times that this has happened, there has been someone who didn't connect to the game at all. Picture didn't load in champ select and never reconnected in game

drewski346

05-24-2012

Quote:
Porphyrous:
Exactly what's happened to me and my friend both times that I've been locked out too. Seems that the game just isn't closing. Only other information I can think of is that both times that this has happened, there has been someone who didn't connect to the game at all. Picture didn't load in champ select and never reconnected in game

Now that I think about it that happened to me too.

Porphyrous

Recruiter

05-24-2012

Also, just finished another game after closing the client and waiting a while for the "ghost game" to end. Afterwards, it showed me the stats of the game that I couldn't leave before and had to skip the stats of. Don't know if that matters or not, just thought it was weird. The recent players also only showed up after I saw that stats screen; however, the players from the game that I just finished do not show up as recent players.

ACookieMonster

05-24-2012

Temporal solution while we wait for them to fix it:

"xXoVoXx: just do ctrl-alt-del and terminate all processors that has to do with it"

vee91

05-24-2012

Just now happened to me. It wont reconnect or go to home page. Hope they fix it soon