Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

We need a system to replace AFK teammates.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DamageUSMC

07-11-2012

I love the spirit of this idea. But as many have said before it is ENTIRELY too complicated from an implementation standpoint. Also, if a player was AFK for 3 minutes, then you have a vote, then matchmaking, then joining, chances are you've gone 5 minutes down a player. your odds of recovery are not looking good.

The first sentence stuck out pretty good for me though, I have noticed a HUGE amount of leavers/afkers lately. I think that the best way to handle this would be a re-work of the leaver penalties. It is unfortunate that players have legit connection problems but too many times I've seen players that know they have unstable connections trying to play anyway and ruining the game for 9 other players.

bradles

07-12-2012

Quote:
Venova:
I think it's absolutely needed; there are far far too many disconnecters and quitters ruining games; while it's probably not often a problem in ranked games (i don't know i'm only level 20), it can really ruin people's chances for a close fun game in normal blind pick games

i think I've met more leavers in ranked than I ever did in normal.

Monoream

07-12-2012

what if people has net problems, and they reconnect? having someone jump in for them, can shut them out even if they fix the problem. What if you have a bot fill in, and then you kick them after 10 min? cause by then even if they reconnect it'll be ridiculous.

Beast Penguin

Recruiter

07-13-2012

What if I am taking a massive ****? I don't want to be kicked because of my bowels.

FightingDrag

07-14-2012

Yea, what i believe would be excelent, is a AI system kicks in.
Especially if someone d/c

if someone is inactive for about 2 mins, it also kicks in

Gdaddypurps

07-14-2012

i think one of the things that would help is if the afker at the end of the match lost a total of ip instead of gain or give the ip they would have gained plus a little of there's to the team mates, along with if its done more than 3 times a ban of a certain amount of time could be given to avoid exploit.

Sirax

07-15-2012

play with a real team.

LumiSquirrel

07-15-2012

Quote:
FightingDrag:
Yea, what i believe would be excelent, is a AI system kicks in.
Especially if someone d/c

if someone is inactive for about 2 mins, it also kicks in

Two problems with that:
1. The player could simply let the AI play the match, who might play better than him or her.
2. AI doesn't exist for half of the champions.

Bobbum Man

07-17-2012

Idea that is easier and thus more likely to be implement: replace them with bots.

Keizgon

07-19-2012

How about, if a player from team A is dc'd, team B has to vote one of their own champions to sit out temporarily until they reconnect. This would make the playing field a bit more even 4v4 / 3v3.